Center channel needs to be replaced

I purchased this package from amazon about 2 years ago, and I've been really happy with the performance from it.

My receiver is an Onkyo TX-NR609, and the speakers that came with it were 2xSKF-680, SKC-680, 2xSKR-680, and a powered subwoofer.

My center channel is popping and crackling, and the onkyo warranty doesn't exactly cover speakers, so I'm looking to buy a single replacement center channel speaker.

I have been very happy with what I had, and I really don't want to spend too much on this purchase. Before I had started looking around, I was hoping to spend $50 or so and just be on my way. Unfortunately, that just doesn't look the case. I have looked at the Polk Audio CS10, and the Klipsch Synergy C-20. The price doesn't make me too happy, but I am worried that if I purchase either of these speakers that they will greatly outshine the rest of my setup.

I am also not too certain on the speaker hookups of either. The Synergy C-20 has 4-posts for the one channel, would I hookup the center channel to one, and then front highs to the other??? The CS10 has what it says are RCA inputs, which my receiver doesn't have, so I'm pretty sure that marks that one off the list.

All in all, I'm just looking to get a decent center channel speaker that will mesh well with my setup, and also not break the bank. I would love to spend under $75 on the speaker, but I understand that's not always possible.

If anyone has any brands/suggestions please let me know, I'll welcome anything at this point.

The CS10 is an amazing center channel speaker for small to mid size rooms. I have a CS20 and its just amazing. I originally wanted the CS10 but in the buying process upgraded to the CS20. Both speakers are very neutral sounding and the mid range response is brilliant. the Onkyo NR-Tx609 is a really good match with the CS10/20

From personal experience i would suggest the CS10, but have a look a the Wharfedale Diamond 9.CC Center Channel Speaker very similar sound as well.

Hope this helps

Cheers

DataLepton

The CS10 is an amazing center channel speaker for small to mid size rooms. I have a CS20 and its just amazing. I originally wanted the CS10 but in the buying process upgraded to the CS20. Both speakers are very neutral sounding and the mid range response is brilliant. the Onkyo NR-Tx609 is a really good match with the CS10/20

From personal experience i would suggest the CS10, but have a look a the Wharfedale Diamond 9.CC Center Channel Speaker very similar sound as well.

Hope this helps

Cheers

DataLepton

Thank you for your commendation, i just pulled the trigger on the CS10

apparently the CS20 isn't being mfg anymore, i couldn't find it for sale anywhere