Most Beautiful Games for a 4k experience

shoutingsteve

I FINALLY convinced my husband to let me put a computer in our living room connected to or new TV.  So, now all I have to do is convince him that it wasn't a mistake in allowing me to do it.  In order to do that I want to make sure he isn't just watching me blow stuff up as he walks through the room.  I need recommendations for the most breathtaking visually stimulating games.  I grabbed a copy of Dear Esther on recommendation from an article I glanced over, but now I am coming to ya'll for ideas.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

Read Dead Redemption and Hogwarts Legacy are pretty. Skyrim with mods can look amazing as well.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

15 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

I FINALLY convinced my husband to let me put a computer in our living room connected to or new TV.  So, now all I have to do is convince him that it wasn't a mistake in allowing me to do it.  In order to do that I want to make sure he isn't just watching me blow stuff up as he walks through the room.  I need recommendations for the most breathtaking visually stimulating games.  I grabbed a copy of Dear Esther on recommendation from an article I glanced over, but now I am coming to ya'll for ideas.

Read Dead Redemption, Witcher 3 with next gen update, Atomic heart is a bit of that blow up stuff but visually its extremely impressive. Metro Exodus And of course The Last Of Us Part 1 Remake coming to PC late March ( What a stunning game indeed ). And probably one of the best, Horizon Zero Dawn.

Dishonored series

Elden ring

Valheim

Kena bridge of spirits

Sea of thieves

Ori and the blind forest and ori will of the wisps

Outer wilds

A plague tale innocence

Legend of zelda via emulator

I really like the aesthetics in the game Abzu - I've played through it twice just to experience the environments a second time. You can look up gameplay footage to see if it's something you/your husband would appreciate.

Another game that I really enjoy the atmosphere of is Control, although it does involve a fair amount of fighting and blowing things up, so that's probably not what you're looking for.

Vanilla/Non-modded: 

Ori and The Will Of The Wisp 

Stray

Satisfactory

Sons Of The Forest
Kingdom Come Deliverance

Ride 4 on Isle Of Man in 1st Person view with slight drizzle

MotoGP 22

Forza Horizon 5

Need For Speed 2015

Red Dead 2

AC: Valhalla

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I recently moved to a 4K OLED as a primary display and most of the breathtaking options have been listed already but I'll add: 

Returnal

Dead Space 2023 Remake

And this one blew me away.. Kena: Bridge of Spirits

HDR is something else now that I'm able to do it right. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9b37e4478733b0de49b5cd1c3f152838.jpeg

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

Valheim

Would be great, if it wasn't such a myopia simulator.

Then again, they didn't have LASIK during the viking times.

3 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I recently moved to a 4K OLED as a primary display and most of the breathtaking options have been listed already but I'll add: 

Returnal

Dead Space 2023 Remake

And this one blew me away.. Kena: Bridge of Spirits

image.thumb.jpeg.9b37e4478733b0de49b5cd1c3f152838.jpeg

I don’t need to be jealous of your setup, but I really am. Holy shiz that screen looks amazing! And I agree… Kena was a visually surprising game.

9 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

i really like HDR in Overwatch,  its so blinding that you basically cant see anything even in light sunshine,  10/10 would die again  ~

16 hours ago, shoutingsteve said:

but now I am coming to ya'll for ideas.

i did actually like Fatal Frame 5 visually,  its got a very clean look and nice environments,  the gameplay is pure 90s/early 2000s survival horror though, its not for everyone but thats where the game actually shines, spooky atmosphere and your only "weapon" is a camera obscura .

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

For the most "IN YOUR FACE"  effect nothing still beats Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k with HDR and Ray Tracing Psycho... if you can run it. Especially when night time arrives and it starts to rain and you are in a part of the city where there is a lot of colorful illumination. The way the raindrops get illuminated around you... no video serves justice to how good this looks live on a good OLED. Another one which basically redefines reality is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, BUT the condition is you need the right mods and those are expensive. But it's the first game where cutscenes aside, everything else looks photorealistic THE WHOLE TIME. Usually a game or a mode looks really good for 1-22 minutes till you get used to it, but this thing stays that way the entire time. A lil sneek'n'peek:

Alos, almost forgot - Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition is another one that looks sinfully good at max settings.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

I forgot about Metro Exodus EE. Still the one game that RT really “wow’ed” me. 

I love getting new displays and experiencing games "for the first time".

Witcher 3
Stray
Cyberpunk 2077

Those are my personal recs for being very impressed if your hardware can handle it. Stray being a lot less demanding than the others, but still pretty visually stunning

On 3/8/2023 at 1:53 PM, QuantumSingularity said:

For the most "IN YOUR FACE"  effect nothing still beats Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k with HDR and Ray Tracing Psycho... if you can run it. Especially when night time arrives and it starts to rain and you are in a part of the city where there is a lot of colorful illumination. The way the raindrops get illuminated around you... no video serves justice to how good this looks live on a good OLED. Another one which basically redefines reality is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, BUT the condition is you need the right mods and those are expensive. But it's the first game where cutscenes aside, everything else looks photorealistic THE WHOLE TIME. Usually a game or a mode looks really good for 1-22 minutes till you get used to it, but this thing stays that way the entire time. A lil sneek'n'peek:

Alos, almost forgot - Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition is another one that looks sinfully good at max settings.

MSFS and DCS World look stunning if your PC can run them well at 4K. Especially if you setup your flight to have some broken cloud layers so you can go from cloud surfing to open sunny areas