What's your go to game suggestion?

Ryuikko

Mine is slay the spire so far, it reminds me a bit of hades which I also really like. The deck building is pretty interesting and all the characters have their own gimmick and cards so you can't really get bored of it.

Another go to would most likely be stardew Valley. It feels like there's a whole team making the games when it's only one person. The sound track is great and you really start to fall in love with your farm after a while . Great to play with friends too, although I'd probably set the money to separate so SOMEONE dosent spend all the MONEY on SALAD

My go-to recommendations are all the Souls-like Fromsoftware games. They're all great games and the way they make you play will change your approach to games forever. They teach you that failing is okay and that playing more difficult games is ultimately very rewarding. After playing these games, i mostly play every other game on the hardest difficulty. This typically adds more depth to your gaming experience because you have to tinker with different mechanics and think of solutions. Playing games on easy or normal often doesn't even require the user to get familiar with the game mechanics to get through.

Dark Souls 1 / 2 / 3
Elden Ring

Sekiro

I'd advise you to play them in my listed order though. If you play Elden Ring first, you will likely feel different about Dark Souls 1 because you get used to a lot of QOL features that are missing in the earlier games. And Sekiro is the hardest by a long shot. You will need all the practice you can get before diving into that.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Witcher 3, cause... I mean... you'd be an idiot not to play it. 🤪

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Witcher 3, cause... I mean... you'd be an idiot not to play it. 🤪

I'm an idiot then lol. 

Halo 1-3

Half life 2

Garry's mod. 

If someone doesn't own any games, Halo is fun

Half life 2 is a must have for PC

Garry's mod blows people's minds with the sandbox mode

If youre an evil person you may recommend Factiorio. The game is literally crack cocaine.

Bad Rats. It doesnt get more on depth than this.

1 hour ago, fpo said:

I'm an idiot then lol. 

There's still time to un-idotify yourself 😄 

Jk, of course you're not an idiot. 😉 But play it! 😡

4 hours ago, fpo said:

Halo 1-3

Half life 2

Garry's mod. 

If someone doesn't own any games, Halo is fun

Half life 2 is a must have for PC

Garry's mod blows people's minds with the sandbox mode

This list plus Team Fortress 2.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

This list plus Team Fortress 2.

Hit or miss. 

If the friend doesn't have money for games, yeah tf2 is good. 

Lots of people like it. 

I didn't really get into it so it's not really on my mind. 

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

My go-to recommendations are all the Souls-like Fromsoftware games. They're all great games and the way they make you play will change your approach to games forever. They teach you that failing is okay and that playing more difficult games is ultimately very rewarding. After playing these games, i mostly play every other game on the hardest difficulty. This typically adds more depth to your gaming experience because you have to tinker with different mechanics and think of solutions. Playing games on easy or normal often doesn't even require the user to get familiar with the game mechanics to get through.

Dark Souls 1 / 2 / 3
Elden Ring

Sekiro

I'd advise you to play them in my listed order though. If you play Elden Ring first, you will likely feel different about Dark Souls 1 because you get used to a lot of QOL features that are missing in the earlier games. And Sekiro is the hardest by a long shot. You will need all the practice you can get before diving into that.

Throw Demon Souls (remake, or both in there). Definitely agree about doing it in order though, and practicing with Sekiro.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

4 hours ago, mousesnob said:

If youre an evil person you may recommend Factiorio. The game is literally crack cocaine.

Fortresscraft evolved, Its Factorio in 3D and missiles 😆

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Dark Souls 1 / 2 / 3
Elden Ring

Sekiro

Still never tried one of those, but I'm hyped about Fires of Rubicon, from Fromsoftware

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

31 minutes ago, Ripred said:

Still never tried one of those, but I'm hyped about Fires of Rubicon, from Fromsoftware

Who knows, maybe they will implement Sekiro's parrying system in AC 6:FoR 😛
So, practice from now with Sekiro, and learn to be a masochi---I mean learn to perservere through adversity with dark souls series.

Nier Automata, because I like watching a cute sexy robot girl slashing enemies using a sephiroth's katana, while playing bullet hell game at the same time.

The true ending depress me (well all the 26 endings are depressing) so I just stop a bit before endgame & never end the game. PROBLEM SOLVED !

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

In addition to the Fromsoftware "suite" suggested (they're awesome, imo, and don't forget Bloodborne!), I'm gonna repeat a few others, and throw a few classics out.

• Chrono Trigger
  • Super Mario: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • The Last of Us Part 1
  • Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 (one of my favourite co-ops, but haven't played in ages)
  • Skyrim (let's be honest, you can dump countless hours into it without even doing the main story)
  • Portal 1 & 2 (just fun problem solving, co-op is a nice bonus)
  • Witcher 3
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trilogy
  • FF IX (visual style holds up better than some other early entries)

Some other games that I consider some of my favourites, may not be as easy for some to get into. FF7 for instance, is probably better played as the remake, for those who didn't grow up with classic JRPG's.

Definitely others I'm not thinking of right now, but there's a few I'd recommend.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

21 hours ago, WildDagwood said:

Throw Demon Souls (remake, or both in there). Definitely agree about doing it in order though, and practicing with Sekiro.

Sadly i never played Demon Souls or the remake. And i never played Bloodborne even though it's said to be one of the best Souls-like games. It's because they're console exclusive games.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

28 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Sadly i never played Demon Souls or the remake. And i never played Bloodborne even though it's said to be one of the best Souls-like games. It's because they're console exclusive games.

Oof. Understandable though.

Bloodborne really does need a PC port though. Maybe when they do a remake/remaster for it (bound to happen, imo).

Parasoshill

adjective

21 hours ago, WildDagwood said:

In addition to the Fromsoftware "suite" suggested (they're awesome, imo, and don't forget Bloodborne!), I'm gonna repeat a few others, and throw a few classics out.

• Chrono Trigger
  • Super Mario: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • The Last of Us Part 1
  • Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 (one of my favourite co-ops, but haven't played in ages)
  • Skyrim (let's be honest, you can dump countless hours into it without even doing the main story)
  • Portal 1 & 2 (just fun problem solving, co-op is a nice bonus)
  • Witcher 3
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trilogy
  • FF IX (visual style holds up better than some other early entries)

Some other games that I consider some of my favourites, may not be as easy for some to get into. FF7 for instance, is probably better played as the remake, for those who didn't grow up with classic JRPG's.

Definitely others I'm not thinking of right now, but there's a few I'd recommend.

Nah, I'd play classic FF7 over remake again if I have time.
The remake pretty much lost world roaming and messing around. (Well, in their defense it's still chapter 1, which is... mucking around in Midgar)
The storyline is kinda different anyway with the addition of those wraith like shit, they maybe trying to give a way to save Aerith & ressurecting Zack.

But yep, not really for nowadays gamers, although it is much less straining than some other hardcore jrpgs and it's grindingfest.

Although I still gonna recommend playing classic FF7 too to people trying the remake. At least for storyline sake.

And oh man... how I wish they port Bloodborne & Last of Us part 1 to PC already.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

34 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Nah, I'd play classic FF7 over remake again if I have time.
The remake pretty much lost world roaming and messing around. (Well, in their defense it's still chapter 1, which is... mucking around in Midgar)
The storyline is kinda different anyway with the addition of those wraith like shit, they maybe trying to give a way to save Aerith & ressurecting Zack.

But yep, not really for nowadays gamers, although it is much less straining than some other hardcore jrpgs and it's grindingfest.

Although I still gonna recommend playing classic FF7 too to people trying the remake. At least for storyline sake.

And oh man... how I wish they port Bloodborne & Last of Us part 1 to PC already.

Yeah, I'd personally play the original before the remake as well (gone back to it several times), but have a hard time recommending for "newer" gamers, since older JRPG's are like "playing a book" (lots of reading and slower paced). I find a lot of people who didn't grow up with them aren't able to commit to the adventure for various reasons (spoiled by modern games in some cases), but I'm sure there's some who can/will. Just a matter of if the person can put certain things aside and enjoy it for what it is.

Regarding the roaming, I have the same sentiments. It's basically isolated to Midgar, which was very linear in the original anyway. It's a little uncertain where the story is going to go from here, but if they go off too far from the original (think I read once they were alluding to a somewhat new story, but no details confirmed), then I'd agree, you kinda have to throw it out as a recommendation, as I find the story holds up well overall.

Parasoshill

adjective