PC Burnt, Any chance getting it RMA?

My custom water cooling rig just caught fire at the PCIE power connector on my 3090. 

The PC at the time was either sleep or idle. I was not home at the time it happened. 

Wife then took the either extinguisher and dump it into the PC to put out the fire out. No, she didn't turn off the power source, which it would save me from the clean up...

So at the time the PC was not under any stress load at all.

Now I haven't dissemble the rig yet because I don't know if I cant RMA or claim through insurance. Or even it worth the effort doing any of it. 

My rig spec are as follows:

5950x with barrow CPU block (probably still good)

ASUS x570 darkhero (dead)

3090 EVGA FTW3 with Bykski water block (dead)

EVGA 1600W titanium PSU (not tested)

I am wondering anyone had a PC fire before and did anyone successfully RMA their component(s) or claim insurance. 

IMG-20230223-WA0001.jpg

PXL_20230224_001743646.jpg

PXL_20230224_001747622.jpg

PXL_20230225_000731419.jpg

Just try rma then, dont think theres any harm in doing so

When rma fails take board out, take the cmos battery out, alongside taking its heatsinks off, clear cmos + press powerbutton for 2 mins, then giving it a dunk in a bucket of water. I suspect all that fire extinguisher powder? Is making the board malfunction so getting all that stuff cleaned should revive the board. if rma is availablefor the board and board still dead even after the clean just attempt to rma

first of all, this sucks, but glad to see you and your wife are ok. Computers are replaceable, people are not.

not legal advice, but if by insurance you are asking about like homeowners or renters insurance or anything like that, you'd have to take a look at your deductible cost vs just buying new stuff yourself, and also consider your rates could go up by making a claim. RMA wise, i'd reach out to the GPU manufacturer and PSU manufacturer and just see what they say. Worst they can say is no, at best maybe you get your stuff replaced.

first up take the wife to dinner as regardless of power on or off your home did not burn down.

I imagine that any insurance policy is the only real option as trying to prove it was faulty hardware and not a user mistake with an RMA might be impossible.

You mention custom water cooling ? something you did or a prebuilt with custom water cooling ?

if it was a prebuilt then possibly RMA is an option.

Either way whilst a terrible thing to happen as already mentioned it is a PC not your home or family. I hate to imagine if it was at night whilst you were sleeping.

I doubt you'll have a successful RMA request, unless it can be proven the cause was from the manufacturer of that specific component. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch