RTX 3060 + 3600 with low usage

pha
Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

where the CPU stands at 40%-70% and the gpu stays on 60%-90%.

This doesn't sound like you're missing anything from the GPU, and looks to be a gaming system operating normally.

Ideally, you want your GPU usage to be as high as possible. This means nothing is holding your GPU back from performing to the best of its capability, and you're getting all the performance you can from it. This means the GPU isn't waiting for information from the CPU, as in the case of a CPU bottleneck where the CPU sits at 90-100% and the GPU is around 40-50%.

So, I recently got a 3060 and paired it with my good old Ryzen 5 3600. It was all sunshine and rainbows until I opened up a game.

Don't get me wrong, I can get 60+fps on pretty much any game maxed out at 1080p, but the GPU usage almost never goes up from 70%. I started noticing this on Spider-Man Remastered, where the CPU stands at 40%-70% and the gpu stays on 60%-90%. I get about 60fps eventually going to 70-80fps and with some drops.

Obviously, I am missing a lot of juice from the GPU here, cant push it further. Does anyone have any idea of why this is going on?

where the CPU stands at 40%-70% and the gpu stays on 60%-90%.

This doesn't sound like you're missing anything from the GPU, and looks to be a gaming system operating normally.

Ideally, you want your GPU usage to be as high as possible. This means nothing is holding your GPU back from performing to the best of its capability, and you're getting all the performance you can from it. This means the GPU isn't waiting for information from the CPU, as in the case of a CPU bottleneck where the CPU sits at 90-100% and the GPU is around 40-50%.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!