SledgeHammer won’t be bringing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to last gen consoles

KakaoDj

Hold on there, folks. Last-gen-consoles are not supported?

You can pre-order the game for PS3 and XB360 on their site: http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/buy

While this is only a redirection to retailers, e.g. GameStop offers preordering the game for last-gen-consoles: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/114915

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Lol. Game still looks like crap.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

US? I don't buy COD, I made the mistake of buying BF4 even with its "features" but nope not any more I am done with FPS for now. :P

People then xD

imo soon very soon cod will almost completely die out. why? because they are taking the game too much into the future which is understandable they cant stay in the modern times forever but cod's specialty was the modern times. soon they will have to go even more n more into the future right now they in the near future but when they go full future like spaceships and lazerzzzz and stuff i think they wont be able to execute it well

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

imo soon very soon cod will almost completely die out. why? because they are taking the game too much into the future which is understandable they cant stay in the modern times forever but cod's specialty was the modern times. soon they will have to go even more n more into the future right now they in the near future but when they go full future like spaceships and lazerzzzz and stuff i think they wont be able to execute it well

Doesn't matter. It's still the cool and edgy MLG game for kiddies to play. As long as their parents cave in like the bad parents they are, CoD will always exist like it is.

Yeah it doesn't really counts as Next Gen if you're still using your modified Quake III engine, so are they?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Doesn't matter. It's still the cool and edgy MLG game for kiddies to play. As long as their parents cave in like the bad parents they are, CoD will always exist like it is.

You must be parent of the year then, to be able to pass judgement on other parents like that?

I don't like playing COD but that doesn't mean I sit here with a neckbeard and be a keyboard warrior about how it should die off. Different people like different things, what a shocker. I know. Maybe if some of you opened up your eyes and grew up a little you wouldn't let a game bother you so much.

Hold on there, folks. Last-gen-consoles are not supported?

You can pre-order the game for PS3 and XB360 on their site: http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/buy

While this is only a redirection to retailers, e.g. GameStop offers preordering the game for last-gen-consoles: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/114915

"Amazon still has the game up for pre-order on all platforms including the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 but the studio behind the last generation versions of the game have yet to be announced. Since this year’s next gen title is running on a new engine, it’s likely that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will run on one of the old engines which could lead to missing or gimped features."

You must be parent of the year then, to be able to pass judgement on other parents like that?

I don't like playing COD but that doesn't mean I sit here with a neckbeard and be a keyboard warrior about how it should die off. Different people like different things, what a shocker. I know. Maybe if some of you opened up your eyes and grew up a little you wouldn't let a game bother you so much.

Have you ever been on Xbox Live and heard the things that those little kids say? Some major ass whoopin' would be in order if my kid ever said anything like they do.

I'm also not a parent, but that doesn't mean I can't pass judgement. I also don't know how you assume I'm a neckbeard who likes to keyboard warrior - I really don't know what that has to do with anything. I know many people with neckbeards who are intelligent grown ups. 

I didn't say anything bad about the game either, I specifically said the PC port for Ghosts in particular was half-assed.

I also don't recall saying it should die off.. Maybe you can show me?  :)

Sounds to me you're just looking for an internet fight, lol.

Good we need more Australians on the Xbox one it's so hard to find a god damn game -_-

Shouldn't call them "last gen", but rather "previous gen", as the XBone and PS4 were basically "last gen"-tech from the get-go.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Wish the game would die off already

It won't die for the next few years from now buddy.. it's not over.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

It's ironic because you're passing judgement also, and I'd assume you know he was talking about parents who don't care at all about their kids and use cod as a babysitter.

So... It wont be running on a modified Quake engine anymore?

I doubt it. ghosts was supposed to have a new engine too, turned out to be quake 3 again. if at least the gameplay was the same as quake 3...

in reality they make super pumped trailers that run on like 4 quadros and then don't bother optimizing the game for normal pcs, they just nerf it until it looks like crap and runs at a barely acceptable framerate. id tech 3 was a great engine... in 1999. leaps forward have been made in both graphical fidelity and optimiztion, there's no excuse anymore not to change engine other than wanting to spend less money to make more profit on the game. and if it was just graphics, I could even forgive them, but the gameplay also happens to be terrible.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I doubt it. ghosts was supposed to have a new engine too, turned out to be quake 3 again. if at least the gameplay was the same as quake 3...

in reality they make super pumped trailers that run on like 4 quadros and then don't bother optimizing the game for normal pcs, they just nerf it until it looks like crap and runs at a barely acceptable framerate. id tech 3 was a great engine... in 1999. leaps forward have been made in both graphical fidelity and optimiztion, there's no excuse anymore not to change engine other than wanting to spend less money to make more profit on the game. and if it was just graphics, I could even forgive them, but the gameplay also happens to be terrible.

Only Infinity Wards CoD runs bad because they don't care for PC.

Treyarch on the other hand puts some effort in the PC version Black Ops 1 and 2 run great on PC and even have a built in FPS counter.

Sledge Hammer never made a full Call Of Duty so we can't say yet if it will have a good PC version.

I won't judge this game till it's out because this isn't Infinty Wards or Treyarch so we can't say if it will be good or not.

RTX2070OC 

Only Infinity Wards CoD runs bad because they don't care for PC.

Treyarch on the other hand puts some effort in the PC version Black Ops 1 and 2 run great on PC and even have a built in FPS counter.

Sledge Hammer never made a full Call Of Duty so we can't say yet if it will have a good PC version.

I won't judge this game till it's out because this isn't Infinty Wards or Treyarch so we can't say if it will be good or not.

of course, judging games before they're out is bad practice. my point was (and maybe I should have specified it) that I wouldn't get my hopes up based on a good looking trailer because up to now, cod has failed to deliver what it promised in the trailer. now, treyarch HAS been putting in a bit more effort on the pc side and I like that, but their games still ran on the same engine as the others, which I find unacceptable given the budget and the expected sales. this is partly because if treyarch makes a better-looking game than iw's next title which will come out a year later they're kind of screwed, and I think the same will happen for sledgehammer (but, until we see the game we can't know for sure). 

also, graphics are not the only thing that make a good game, and this would play in their favour if the game wasn't worst gameplaywise than it is graphicswise. "hold my hand" style campaign where if you don't play EXACTLY as the dev intended you can't progress, cinematics everywhere interrupting the action constantly, extremely short story. and a lot of people say they only care about the multiplayer, but first of all the sp is also important if you're charging 60$, and secondly the mp is terrible too. bad map design, one-shot-death with a character that moves so slow you have no chance of dodging the bullet, killstreak bonuses killing other players for free, etc.

if sledge fixes these issues, and they probably won't to keep "faithful to the franchise", I will be more than willing to give aw a shot. but, I doubt it's going to happen.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think this will be a win for everybody even if you don't play COD.  The devs aren't making games look as good as they could because they still need to be able to run on old hardware.  Call of duty only being released on the new consoles and pc will drive adoption of the new consoles, meaning more current gen only games. 

good engine =/= heavy graphics. in fact, a newer engine will deliver the same graphics with significant performance improvements compared to an older one. that's why a game like Rage, which looks an order of magnitude better than any cod up to date, manages to run flawlessly on the xbox 360 and ps3, as it sports an engine which is two generations newer than the engine they use in cod (literally it was developed by the same guys).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is a next gen game if it's still on the past gen consoles.

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

For their sake I hope the PC port is any good. Ghosts sure wasn't.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Maybe try arch will do a nintendo version like usual

US? I don't buy COD, I made the mistake of buying BF4 even with its "features" but nope not any more I am done with FPS for now. :P

Well let me put it this way, BF4 with all it's bugs and problem is a cake surrounded with shit. So if you lower your standards (A LOT) you can actually enjoy it but then you can't because there's shit in your mouth.

The latest CODs on the other hand are just a cake of shit surrounded with more shit, but it's in the form of a chocolate cake so you kind of wanna try it but you know it's gonna be bad so you do and there comes the shitstorm.

Moral of the story: you'll end up with shit in yo mouth.

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning