How long can you survive without a tech?

Technology has definitly become a part of our lives , it all started as an impossible vision a brilliant/stupid idea, but now its literally everywhere , you cannot see someone these days without a piece of tech on their hands (& in their homes) i realize this is an oppurtunity to know you 'a lil' better  *cough*

but i know even before starting this thread i know you guys/girls wont go beyond the 3rd choice of the poll :D , but still lets have some fun, do answer truthfully and post on which is the longest time you went without any tech , how long can you isolate yourself without a piece of technology

Tech = Cellphones, internet, television, movies, PC, Laptop, Tab etc     (no cocky answers like "i was 1-8 years old",  please ;))

*radio is excluded

samurai ninja slices trolls for breakfast :ph34r:

Details separate people.

For a lifetime, yes I will miss it and I would have to adjust to everything but.

The world can't survive without tech, companies will go bankrupt and the world will be a weird place.

what do you mean "without tech"?

Is this some kind of hell for evil people?

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

"Don't use tech" because I suddenly don't want to or is there an EMP blast that fried all the tech on Earth?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

"Don't use tech" by my will or is there an EMP blast that fried all the tech on Earth?

Everything, even non-electronical devices are within the "Technology" category, even Steam-Trains and whatever you can think of.

Everything, even non-electronical devices are within the "Technology" category, even Steam-Trains and whatever you can think of.

Does that include the wheel?

OP says that "tech" is mostly electronics except radio.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I agree with Paralectic. Most of us have a lot of hobbies and interests aside from phones,internet,tv and computers. 

If it weren't for PC Games and hardware I could have finished a couple of books by now.

hello random lurker welcome to linus tech tips

I agree with Paralectic. Most of us have a lot of hobbies and interests aside from phones,internet,tv and computers. 

If it weren't for PC Games and hardware I could have finished a couple of books by now.

I do read books, go out to do sports ( soccer, biking ) etc lol.

However long is needed...

Went three months without it few years back, after that the desire died down.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

i cant anymore. couple years ago, i went to Europe for 4 week and i was fine without technology, then i bought several things (phone, laptop and tablet recently). have 2/3 all the time with me. i just cant imagine myself without any technology. yea, it kinda is sad but im sure im not the only one.    

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

Without the technology of the fork, dish and waterbottle...

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

If we're going to be pedantic, then I doubt many people here could have decent lives without technology. Glasses, lights, refrigerators, washing machines, running water etc are all examples of technology we take for granted these days. Even the food you eat was made with the help of technology, and transported to you with the help of technology.

If you just mean like me not using the Internet or computers then probably for quite a while. I don't *have* to use them, but they make my life far more enjoyable. I would be really bored after just a day or so.

Got through 4 months without using the computer. I enjoy reading so I could probably live without tech until I run out of books (I prefer reading on my iPad tho)