MSI X and M power boards launched

brownninja97

The M and the X on the heatsinks looks super ugly.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Those are some nice looking boards I gotta say. MSI does black-on-black so well. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Holy Mother of sata ports!

I like how wireless is becoming adopted on even high end boards its not always ideal and what alot of enthusiasts use but it does come in handy from time to time.

And no SATA express... that could either be a strong disadvantage or something nobody cares about

I hope Gigabyte have the orange scheme for their high end board.

They do, although some of their mainstream boards have gone for a horrible, overdone bright yellow. check out the manufacturers' websites, almost all of them have put information about the boards up. 

They do, although some of their mainstream boards have gone for a horrible, overdone bright yellow. check out the manufacturers' websites, almost all of them have put information about the boards up. 

Orange is kept! Thanks Gigabyte.

I see what you mean about the yellow. Too bright IMO.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

And no SATA express... that could either be a strong disadvantage or something nobody cares about

MSI are offering an optional (standard with the XPOWER) M.2 to SATA Express converter

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Currently the only way to have yellow sleeved cables to match is via custom?

You can use white cables too. Go for a black, yellow and white theme since the printing on the board is white.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

MSI are offering an optional (standard with the XPOWER) M.2 to SATA Express converter

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to have to route a massive SATAe cable over there, either way the difference in cost of using a proper SATAe connector is probably negligible.

You can use white cables too. Go for a black, yellow and white theme since the printing on the board is white.

Mmm... not bad, thanks!

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to have to route a massive SATAe cable over there, either way the difference in cost of using a proper SATAe connector is probably negligible.

Plus, I'm willing to bet an M.2 SSD is going to be the same price as a SATAe drive, and it has the same performance. Really no reason to go SATAe when your only going to use one drive

Also, according to a wccftech video, the MPOWER MAX employs a PLX chip in order to get x32 lanes of PCI-E. If you just run one graphics card, you get the full x16 speed straight to the CPU< however if you run two or more you get x16 x8 x8.

This means with a 9 slot case you can run 3 way Crossfire AND SLI, which is new for mainstream Z series boards

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I'm not sure how long I could look at that box.

QFT also it killed the looks of both boards and for those price you would think at least the expensive one would have sata express

Considering ASUS already has integrated 1/4 fittings in their motherboards and even graphics cards MSI has no excuse not too. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Plus, I'm willing to bet an M.2 SSD is going to be the same price as a SATAe drive, and it has the same performance. Really no reason to go SATAe when your only going to use one drive

Also, according to a wccftech video, the MPOWER MAX employs a PLX chip in order to get x32 lanes of PCI-E. If you just run one graphics card, you get the full x16 speed straight to the CPU< however if you run two or more you get x16 x8 x8.

This means with a 9 slot case you can run 3 way Crossfire AND SLI, which is new for mainstream Z series boards

If SATAe is at a higher price it wouldn't really make sense to use it considering most of them use the same Gen2 lanes so they have the same bandwidth and you can't use both interfaces at once.

Considering ASUS already has integrated 1/4 fittings in their motherboards and even graphics cards MSI has no excuse not too. 

I hope it has g 1/4 threads, and not just fittings that can't be removed.  I was thinking about getting one and putting it in my loop, but if it's not G 1/4 threaded I'll probably have to use some retarded tubing size and it won't match my build. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089