Constant issues since getting new CPU

First off, I'd like to apologize if this isn't the correct forum, as the issues here are varied, but began AFTER installing the new CPU.

I'm just getting issue after issue after installing my new Ryzen 7 5800X and it's becoming a real pain in the a**.

First, it's the CPU, which can't seem to choose a temp to sit at. With a top mounted 280mm Kraken X53 in a 4000D, the temps constantly shift in drastic ways - First day, it said the CPU was running around 60C idle, yesterday it was fluctuating between 40 and 50, and now its sitting mid 30 to mid 40?? The simplest task (like having a few minor apps that don't even push it to 20%) causes it to heat up to 70C, and gaming puts it at ~85C. All of this is a room at around 22C.

Then there is the RAM. It runs fine, but the lighting just randomly stops responding. One day, it will be running the preset I made in iCue, and then the next it stops responding and I have to restart the PC twice before it starts working.

And lastly, AMD Ryzen Master has ceased complete function. Trying to turn it on gives a "Ryzen Master unable to initiate" error, and re-installing didn't help.

I honestly have no idea what is going on, and how a simple CPU change could have broken the computer in this way. Any help is appreciated.

My current build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite V2

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 6800 SWFT 319

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (4x8 3200MHz)

Storage: Patriot P300 128GB, XPG SPECTRIX S40G 1TB, WD HDD 1TB

Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB ELITE

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80 Plus Gold

Case: Corsair 4000D

Monitor: AOC Q27G2S

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse: Roccat Burst Pro

Headphones: Roccat ELO 7.1 USB

Microphone: Roccat Torch

Did you update your BIOS?

Your temps are a bit high but the 5800x is hot due to the single CCD, did you up the fans speed? Or it's not correctly installed, bad pressure, not enough paste...check that out

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

Did you update your BIOS?

Your temps are a bit high but the 5800x is hot due to the single CCD, did you up the fans speed? Or it's not correctly installed, bad pressure, not enough paste...check that out

I've got the latest BIOS. I'm using L-Connect 3 to adjust the fans depending on CPU temp (Fans are set to 80% at 70C). I'm sure it's installed correctly, and I've got a 3 intake 3 exhaust fan setup. I'll try re-applying the thermal paste

My current build:

Well lets get a few things out of the way. First, Icue is a buggy mess. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dont. I stopped using it alltogether. To light up your RAM it needs to connect with your motherboard software by the means of plugins and sometimes that doesn't work to great. You can try to enter Icue software when this happens and disable plugins, then wait a bit and reenable them. You can perhaps try OpenRGB and see if that works better.

Ryzen Master, heh. I don't know what's gotten into it as of late but I experienced that too with my 5800X. Current status is takes forever to initialize. Then if I let Windows close it due to it not responding and launching it again, works fine. I had your issue too though, earlier. Fixed it by reinstalling a couple of times I think. Also check for update button only appears to make a white small box appear on my screen at random places for a little while. Again, is just bad coding but neither application is required for the computer to function.

As for temperature. Ryzen 7 5800 both X and X3D are hot running chips. I suspect X3D even more so due to 3D cache. I have undervolted my X by 100mV and I dropped 7-8°C on air just by doing that. So if reseating doesn't help maybe you wanna give that a shot? Regardless, your temps do not seem dangerous (85°C is within spec).

3 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Well lets get a few things out of the way. First, Icue is a buggy mess. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dont. I stopped using it alltogether. To light up your RAM it needs to connect with your motherboard software by the means of plugins and sometimes that doesn't work to great. You can try to enter Icue software when this happens and disable plugins, then wait a bit and reenable them. You can perhaps try OpenRGB and see if that works better.

Ryzen Master, heh. I don't know what's gotten into it as of late but I experienced that too with my 5800X. Current status is takes forever to initialize. Then if I let Windows close it due to it not responding and launching it again, works fine. I had your issue too though, earlier. Fixed it by reinstalling a couple of times I think. Also check for update button only appears to make a white small box appear on my screen at random places for a little while. Again, is just bad coding but neither application is required for the computer to function.

As for temperature. Ryzen 7 5800 both X and X3D are hot running chips. I suspect X3D even more so due to 3D cache. I have undervolted my X by 100mV and I dropped 7-8°C on air just by doing that. So if reseating doesn't help maybe you wanna give that a shot? Regardless, your temps do not seem dangerous (85°C is within spec).

Thats good to know. I'll still re-apply thermal paste just to make sure though.

My current build:

2 hours ago, MRDotted said:

Thats good to know. I'll still re-apply thermal paste just to make sure though.

Yeah, sometimes TIM application and/or mounting isn't perfect. So remounting and applying new may help.