Help Appreciated- Pc restarts during games

Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,
8 minutes ago, Cheeseburgerr said:

thank you for the detailed response, about to check cpu temps cause it is running a stock cooler, any suggestions for air coolers? im thinking noctua but havent check the size dimensions of the case and the cooler 

Noctua or Scythe are good. I have a Mugen 5 on my 5900X and a Mugen 5S on a 3600X. The 5900X idles in the mid-high-30s and peaks in the low 70s. The 3600X peaks in the low-mid-60s.

DeepCool and Thermalright make some good coolers. The Peerless Assassin is a decent budget one, but I unboxed an Assassin, took one look at he bracket-upon-bracket mounting, stuffed it back in the box and ordered a Mugen 5S -- much easier to mount.

Hello to whoever reads this,

After bulilding a pc for my family, my brother when playing any game results in a random restart, the gpu temps dont even get a chance sometimes to reach 60-80 degrees, so i know its not overheating, i have swapped out both the gpu and ram and it still does the same, as well as updating drivers and windows yet despite this it restarts anyway. my best guess is the cpu is faulty but help would be appreciated.(part list is in ss below).

Thanks.

image.png.d86be5883fc40d15490f43d5d18e5918.png

16 minutes ago, Cheeseburgerr said:

Hello to whoever reads this,

After bulilding a pc for my family, my brother when playing any game results in a random restart, the gpu temps dont even get a chance sometimes to reach 60-80 degrees, so i know its not overheating, i have swapped out both the gpu and ram and it still does the same, as well as updating drivers and windows yet despite this it restarts anyway. my best guess is the cpu is faulty but help would be appreciated.(part list is in ss below).

Thanks.

image.png.d86be5883fc40d15490f43d5d18e5918.png

Have you checked CPU temps? Is there adequate thermal paste / good contact?

what OS are you running?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

For starters, a 5600X may run a bit toasty for that board. They typically run 80+ with stock coolers. Might be solvable with better cooler though. Also, are you running at least the 1202 BIOS?

Also, I've found Ryzen and supporting boards to be a bit fickle about RAM and sometimes they just flat don't like a particular kit. Check your RAM SKU against this list for the Prime B550M-K. If it's not listed, could be part of the problem, if not all of it.

My 5900X build drove me nuts for four months with some pretty crazy issues before @BiotechBensaid something that made me think of it. Saw the same thing with a Zen 2 on a B450M board with the DIMMs I originally used. Kits from each respective board's QVL list solved both setups' ills. Also, you may want to disable sleep mode. May not just be Ryzens, but they definitely don't seem to like sleep mode.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

42 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

GPU temps are ok according to you. What about CPU temps?

Haven't checked them to be honest because i used the stock cooler so i assumed it would be alright with no over clocking, will check tho

33 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Have you checked CPU temps? Is there adequate thermal paste / good contact?

what OS are you running?

i just used the stock cooler that has pre applied thermal paste, so i assumed the cpu temps would be fine if there was no OCing, its running on windows 10, will check cpu temps

36 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

For starters, a 5600X may run a bit toasty for that board. They typically run 80+ with stock coolers. Might be solvable with better cooler though. Also, are you running at least the 1202 BIOS?

Also, I've found Ryzen and supporting boards to be a bit fickle about RAM and sometimes they just flat don't like a particular kit. Check your RAM SKU against this list for the Prime B550M-K. If it's not listed, could be part of the problem, if not all of it.

I had a 5900X build that drove me nuts for four months with some pretty crazy issues before @BiotechBensaid something that made me think of it. Saw the same thing with a Zen 2 on a B450M board with the DIMMs I originally used. A kit from the QVL list for my board, and disabling sleep mode solved it. May not just be Ryzens, but they definitely don't seem to like sleep mode.

thank you for the detailed response, about to check cpu temps cause it is running a stock cooler, any suggestions for air coolers? im thinking noctua but havent check the size dimensions of the case and the cooler 

8 minutes ago, Cheeseburgerr said:

Noctua or Scythe are good. I have a Mugen 5 on my 5900X and a Mugen 5S on a 3600X. The 5900X idles in the mid-high-30s and peaks in the low 70s. The 3600X peaks in the low-mid-60s.

DeepCool and Thermalright make some good coolers. The Peerless Assassin is a decent budget one, but I unboxed an Assassin, took one look at he bracket-upon-bracket mounting, stuffed it back in the box and ordered a Mugen 5S -- much easier to mount.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Before they upgrade their CPU cooler, they might want to figure out if that's what causing the issues. 😉 (although upgrading a stock cooler, is always something I give thumbs up to if a budget allows it)

checking the cpu temps today and it sits at 60 Celsius while idle and 70 while gaming, hasnt crashed yet tho so i am thinking it was the cooler as we had a hotter day yesterday when it was crashing, off to noctuas website i go. 
Thanks alot for the help, i cant believe i overlooked it just cause it came with the stock cooler