Need ethernet connections in different rooms

Vking64

Hello, I am moving in the near future and I need 2 rooms to have Gigabit ethernet speeds. I have done a little research and found that Netgear has something called Powerline adapter. It says that it uses the home electricity to have an additional ethernet connection and also extends the wifi coverage. I want to know if this will get me what I need and if there's a cheaper way to do the same. 

Would you be willing to route some cables through the walls? It may not be the cheapest but it will be the cleanest and most reliable solution for your network.

Linus literally just did a video about powerline adapters.

Powerline adapters can work (we used them for years after being all excited to move to a Google Fiber city and then discovering that our apartment's fiber jack was in a bedroom closet), but their effectiveness depends on a lot of factors such as the age of the wiring in your house, and all of the rooms you're trying to connect need to be on the same circuit. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I’ve always wondered how well this works in an apartment building, though I haven’t watched the LTT video. Probably should

2 hours ago, Vking64 said:

I want to know if this will get me what I need and if there's a cheaper way to do the same. 

Power line can work to provide a wired connection, but you're likely not going to see Gigabit speeds. Powerline is probably the cheapest out of the Ethernet alternatives. Because I think Moca is more expensive. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

You will be lucky to get 75mbps out of power line adapters, no matter what it says on the box. Run cat6. 

There is a chance power line could work, but once I tried using 100 Mbps MikroTik power lines but with my wiring I only was able to push 20 Mbps though it. Chances are you will have similar, sub par results. But that does lead to the question of are you sure you need Gig speeds in both rooms? I have a Wifi 6 router that delivers 400+ Mbps to my laptop and 6E may perform even better. You may or may not get better speeds or signal quality with a power line set up vs WiFi. If wifi isn't an option, you can get a small drywall saw, an Ethernet cable, 2 Ethernet wall plates, and the jacks for equal to or less than any power line or mocha adapters.

7 hours ago, C0stanza said:

I’ve always wondered how well this works in an apartment building, though I haven’t watched the LTT video. Probably should

I tried running 100 Mbps power line in my apartment and got 20 Mbps, results may vary.