Audioengine A2+

I don't have speakers. Atleast I have your reviews in case I want to buy some :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I love these new videos.

Edit: Im guess that the package u recommend is the Audioengine P4s with the S8 sub :)

Linus for the love of everything do the A5+'s. I bougth them and I really like them but I want to know what a person that actually knows what he's talking about thinks of them :). Also why don't you reply to my messages? It makes me cry every time. 

I dont get the fuss with these $500 speakers.... i have logitech z623's and for $140au you get room shaking bass (literally) and deafening loudness. Clarity is as good as it need to be. What more do you need? . boohoo its $140 to $500....biggest waste. IMO

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I recomend the KRK rokit 5. You can get a pair for less than $250 on ebay

I prefer the Corsair SP2500.  ;)

I am wondering how does SP2500 compare to these speakers that Linus is reviewing at the moment. I bought them a while back and Linus also made a video about them few years back. And if I recall correctly he also used these speakers at home.

I very satisfied by my SP2500 but out of curiosity I would like to know how they stack up in terms of sound quality.

I have the older A2s, they're definitely lacking, lower frequencies especially. I can have them throwing so much air at me it doubles as a desk fan, but they just can't escape their size. I wanted 2.0 speakers that didn't sound like Best Buy garbage - already have a home theater setup for waking neighbors and whatnot. At $200, they probably weren't any better of a deal, but I still prefer them to my AD700s for most music.

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews.  :)

i want these soo mucgh

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Good review, good video.

I think the A2+ is decent but overpriced. It should be around $150 to $175 tops... Consider the fact that you can get M-Audio AV40 studio monitors for $120 right now on Amazon.

Look forward to the A5+ review, hoping to be able to afford them in a few months. I'm sure their superior frequency range will provide for a fuller sound which means it will be more versatile and shine through regardless of whether you're listening to music, gaming or watching movies.

I dont get the fuss with these $500 speakers.... i have logitech z623's and for $140au you get room shaking bass (literally) and deafening loudness. Clarity is as good as it need to be. What more do you need? . boohoo its $140 to $500....biggest waste. IMO

You know room shaking bass and good bass are different things right? Room shaking bass just means you have the volume up and does not mean it will sound better. Also these speakers are tiny speakers and you want to compare them to a 2.1 system with a cheap subwoofer, that is not right at all. My $400 Sub sounds a lot better than whatever logitech offers.

Also these speakers are about $200, not sure where you got the $500 from.

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

You know room shaking bass and good bass are different things right? Room shaking bass just means you have the volume up and does not mean it will sound better. Also these speakers are tiny speakers and you want to compare them to a 2.1 system with a cheap subwoofer, that is not right at all. My $400 Sub sounds a lot better than whatever logitech offers.

Also these speakers are about $200, not sure where you got the $500 from.

im not going to bother but i meant all the other ones were 500, i was comparing to all in the roundup. again imo ur mileage may vary. 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

@2:34 does speakers are for listening at your desk and NOT to fill a room with music.

It is simply impossible for a speaker of this size to a) sound somewhat decent and b) fill a room -> NOT possible

@studio monitors -> mainly means they tried to make them sound neutral (which tbh in this price range and size is again rather difficult to achieve), and NOT to sound like some Dr.Dre bullshit. Using a software solution would simply just be stupid with those goal in mind ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Review Creative Gigaworks T40 II :P

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

. Consider the fact that you can get M-Audio AV40 studio monitors for $120 right now on Amazon.

I wouldn't call them studio monitors, but rather cheap powered speakers with too much bass, great for listening music in a bad way.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Ok why is the price in Euro 10€ more the the price in $ on ncix? Shame on you Amazon!

A overall NEGATIVE review from Linus? :o

I haven't seen one of these in ages, I thought he stopped doing negative reviews completely once all the advertising money started flowing in. -_-

Happy to see it's not the case. :D

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

I recomend the KRK rokit 5. You can get a pair for less than $250 on ebay

Basically this. A lot of videomakers seem to use these for some reason, but...

Can you review some more speakers <$150? $250 is WAY too much money for most people. :P

I prefer headphones 

$$金Trill金$$

Linus please do the Kanto Yumi and/or Kanto YU2!!!

Linus please do the Kanto Yumi and/or Kanto YU2!!!

Hey Linus,

Love the review.  Did you use the ADS2 silicone rubber mounts when testing the A2+ and A5+?  Using the mounts dramatically altered the sound quality on my A5+'s due to taking away all the low end muddy bass that my shitty ikea MDF desk reverberated.