Really not able to grasp React due to it being so complicated, help please.

shivajikobardan

I'm learning react and I'm finding it almost impossible to learn. This is my first introduction to a framework/library. I know html,css,bootstrap and javascript.
I want to make a simple app like the below one.

TbFz2zIFkPear2RK2ED1Yw6sO2-elisI28Vke7OE2rPDLySzhaIfM_omvTsxoa1Nmfq8UwSzYltNQdc6plWenTg_ZHhC3QvUmpsQ2Quo0B_8LmDeU0b21OR7fke5ooXU7wihRDO8C4mpSgGiJFsby-V1_7J4caLUrN24azGjD_MbgM2AOaSxLbwIf7Nepg

I just want to tell how bad state I'm atm that I'm unable to build this simple app.
Can you guys guide me a bit about what I should do to build such an app? And some meta-learning-React tips and techniques?

You'll likely get better answers with more concrete technical questions. Try to build something, then give an example of what exactly you're struggling with. The screenshot doesn't look like something that would necessarily need a framework and is doable with plain HTML and some CSS. Have you tried following their tutorials?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Code cademy often has good surface level introductions to languages. 

Have you tried their react course?

Hi shivajikobardan,

Given the information you have provided, I will base my response on the assumption that you are new to programming and are interested in pursuing web development as a discipline.

When learning a programming language for the first time, it can be easy to boggle down with its features or keywords.

The ability to solve a problem with code is exciting, however it can be easy to jump ahead and tackle something large and complex, like react.

It is vital that you learn the fundamentals of programming so that you understand the underlying theory and application of the code.

This will give you the required technical skillset in order to understand the level of complexity of a framework or architecture.

Here are a few examples:

• Numbers
  • Arithmetic operations
  • Expressions
  • Assignments
  • Functions
  • Complexity
  • Abstract data types (Booleans, Sequences, Collections)
  • Iteration
  • Sorting
  • Search

Fortunately, you don't need a computing or computer science degree to understand algorithms, data structures or computability, there is a plethora of resources available on the internet such as codecademy, which provides an interactive learning experience, with an established curriculum, while tracking your progress in real time.

Therefore, I would advise taking the time to learn the fundamental theory of programming.

Ethan

Mac user