Dual Monitor Arm Mount up against Wall

Hey forum people
I have a question concerning dual monitor desk mount arm in my installation, as I‘m thinking of buying one to create more desk depth. 

To clarify, I‘m talking about mount arms in the style of the „Icy Box IB-MS314-T“, without a stand and individually movable. I‘m not really asking for advice on a particular product (I live in Switzerland, don‘t have all the options unfortunately), but rather if you encountered a problem I‘m concerned about.

My setup: I have my desk up to a wall (can‘t wallmount though), just a little gap (about 3 cm or a bit more than an inch for you freedom people) in the back for cables and such. My desk depth is 70 cm (about 27.5 inches) and I currently have two monitors, 24“ and 27“ next to each other, the bigger one in the center and the smaller one to the side. I like to have my monitors pretty much at the back of the table and that‘s why I‘m worried.

Okay, to everyone who read through all this: Thanks 🙂 hope you‘re having a great day.

Would a desk mount like the one I mention suffice for my setup or would the lower part of the arm bump into the wall? I have no clue how to properly explain this problem, but in every product picture the desk the mount is fixed to stands in the open, so there would be no hinderance in the movement of the arms.

Does anybody have any experience in this matter or can give me any advice? I‘m not a huge fan of monitor stands that have one stand in the back, because they‘re not height (or generally) adjustable in the way I‘d like.

I‘m also thinking about replacing my 24“ monitor with a 32“ inch one which would increase the setup width, would you think this would make this problem even worse?

Excuse me if I haven‘t formated this post well, it‘s my first on this forum and it looks like a trainwreck xD

Thanks in advance 😄

9 minutes ago, JPJ said:

would the lower part of the arm bump into the wall?

You might be able to swing the arms to the side, I'd consider two single-monitor arms that are just tubes (sorta like this) instead tho. Probably cheaper and almost flat against the wall, but you'd have two holders visible.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

13 minutes ago, Bismut said:

You might be able to swing the arms to the side, I'd consider two single-monitor arms that are just tubes (sorta like this) instead tho. Probably cheaper and almost flat against the wall, but you'd have two holders visible.

Thanks for your answer 🙂
My problem isn‘t really the visibility of the stand, but rather the flexibility the arm offers, so I‘m not totally intrigued in the tube option. Two seperate arms are an idea worth revisiting though, thank you!

I‘ve also seen a combination sort of thing, a little stubbin‘ of a tube with two (or a single) arms attached to it. The lower arms are almost horizontal, like in the picture.

B67BB142-5367-44BF-93A7-7C4F9A6BCDEA.jpeg