Laptop looks a bit weird

Rozarias
Go to solution Solved by emosun,

your last image appears to be artifacts in the bios which is a hardware fault. The bios doesn't actually need any software for the gpu to function which is a good way to check for hardware faults and yea it looks like the vram might have been fried on that.

I accidentally left my laptop on last night and this is what it looks like now. 

I just reset it and it looks the same. 

This is the MSI GT72VR GRE Dominator pro.

What should I do?

Edit: found out display drivers are having trouble but still cannot figure out how to install them properly?

1672152758811461838182907232020.jpg

That looks like a defective display to me, however could also be caused by the graphics drivers.

For troubleshooting, I would see if plugging the laptop directly into a TV or external monitor has the same issues.

Ontop of that, fully uninstalling display drivers (using a tool like display drivers uninstaller) and then installing new ones while in safe mode would be a good idea to see if its anything software related.

In the case that it is a defective display, you might need to either think about taking it to a repair shop or trying to replace it yourself seeing if there is a good replacement unit available on a site like ebay or aliexpress.

1 minute ago, Terrorgod said:

That looks like a defective display to me, however could also be caused by the graphics drivers.

For troubleshooting, I would see if plugging the laptop directly into a TV or external monitor has the same issues.

Ontop of that, fully uninstalling display drivers (using a tool like display drivers uninstaller) and then installing new ones while in safe mode would be a good idea to see if its anything software related.

In the case that it is a defective display, you might need to either think about taking it to a repair shop or trying to replace it yourself seeing if there is a good replacement unit available on a site like ebay or aliexpress.

Unfortunately, plugging this into something else via hdmi has no reaction whatsoever 

After the reset did you get the latest graphics drivers? I think that model uses a nvidia laptop GPU which may have the ports routed to it.

3 minutes ago, Terrorgod said:

After the reset did you get the latest graphics drivers? I think that model uses a nvidia laptop GPU which may have the ports routed to it.

So this was all working fine last night.

I am currently having trouble downloading and installing drivers. Also, this problem shows up in bios and boot which leads me to think that this is not just a software issue. 

After installing it the first few times, it would say that the driver was acting funny so windows disabled it. 

I have uninstalled it and am currently in the process of reinstalling

Just now, CaptainDarkstar42 said:

So you did try turning it off and on again correct?

Haha yes. 

1 minute ago, CaptainDarkstar42 said:

So you did try turning it off and on again correct?

This is what booting looks like 

16721547637564427526248522307088.jpg

10 minutes ago, Terrorgod said:

I just finished installing drivers again. I am once again met with a Code 43, windows has disabled drivers. You'll find an image of what it looks like while booting in my reply to someone else. Hopefully that's useful information

your last image appears to be artifacts in the bios which is a hardware fault. The bios doesn't actually need any software for the gpu to function which is a good way to check for hardware faults and yea it looks like the vram might have been fried on that.

Defective graphics card (most likely VRAM).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 hours ago, Robchil said:

warranty case? contact MSI? 

There is no warranty left and local computer shops are closed for the time being so I'll probably just figure out how to work using my phone for now. I'll probably just opt to buy something else later. Thanks everyone for the help