Should I sign a 3 year contract for TV,Internet and Cell phone?

RainColt

Currently I am paying monthly for just internet 25mbps for 66$ a month but I could switch over to the other provider and pay 69$ for there highest tier (25mbps) internet 49.99 for their basic TV and put bundle my current Cell phone on there which will make it 69.99 a month (currently 79.99) but heres the kicker, the internet if I sign up right now for their highest tier will be bumped up to there upcoming highest teir of 280mbps at no extra cost and I get a free 50 inch Samsung 1080 plasma and no bandwidth cap. What do I do?

It is a 3 year contract and if I want to cancel it will cost 15$ for every month I have left on contract.

Simple math

Shaw (current provider) (Internet 66$+sasktelcell 79.99) = 145.99

250gb cap, pay monthly

Sasktel bundle (TV49.99+internet69.99+cell69.99)=189.98

unlimited, upgrade to fibre, free tv. 3 year contract

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Currently I am paying monthly for just internet 25mbps for 66$ a month but I could switch over to the other provider and pay 69$ for there highest tier (25mbps) internet 49.99 for their basic TV and put bundle my current Cell phone on there which will make it 69.99 a month (currently 79.99) but heres the kicker, the internet if I sign up right now for their highest tier will be bumped up to there upcoming highest teir of 280mbps at no extra cost and I get a free 50 inch Samsung 1080 plasma and no bandwidth cap. What do I do?

I would, however you have to think you're not going to be able to change phones for 3 years... Or if you do/want to it will cost. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I would, however you have to think you're not going to be able to change phones for 3 years... Or if you do/want to it will cost. 

I'm already on 2 year contract with them on my phone paying 79.99 a month but if i bundle it with this it will be 69.99 a month.

I'm already on 2 year contract with them on my phone paying 79.99 a month but if i bundle it with this it will be 69.99 a month.

Than i say go for it. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Or I could keep my current cell phone which is 79.99 and upgrade to 50mbps for 79.99 from my current provider which comes with a 500 gb bandwith cap

Or I could keep my current cell phone which is 79.99 and upgrade to 50mbps for 79.99 from my current provider which comes with a 500 gb bandwith cap

50Mb/s isn't really that fast anymore. I mean unless it does you just fine. I mean for my family 50Mb/s doesn't cut it. However that's what were stuck with. 

I feel so bad for Canada. Contracts are terrible.

50Mb/s isn't really that fast anymore. I mean unless it does you just fine. I mean for my family 50Mb/s doesn't cut it. However that's what were stuck with.

What do you do that you require so much then?

It isn't so much anymore, sure, we have 60 MB/s,but it should be more than enough for most families.

What do you do that you require so much then?

It isn't so much anymore, sure, we have 60 MB/s,but it should be more than enough for most families.

There are three of us in my family. My brother, mother and I. My brother plays a lot of Xbox live, i cannot download or even watch HD content on youtube without his game lagging on our 50Mb/s connection. Add my mother into the mix and it's just a mess. 

couldnt he just buy a unlocked phone and put the sim in that

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

well 25 does cut it for me and my family the only issue is that both companies offer shit upload speeds of like 3 mbps but sasktel is upgrading to fiber and will be offering 20-80mbps uploads with it...you know what i've made my decision, my job is seasonal and while it pays out the ass it I expect to be layed of this winter and I suck at saving I think it would make more sense for me to not sign a contract and just buy another tv inspite of the cost, it's slightly cheaper for me right now to stick with what I've got and I can switch over paying monthly when fiber roles around. Thanks for helping me come to a conclusion on this.

It is a 3 year contract and if I want to cancel it will cost 15$ for every month I have left on contract.

I am in Canada and wondering who this is all with? As for what you will be paying for three services and what you are paying now I am confused. Can you make this simpler to understand? Also I am going to assume getting a new free 50" Samsung 1080p plasman tv is pretty awesome but ..

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

There are three of us in my family. My brother, mother and I. My brother plays a lot of Xbox live, i cannot download or even watch HD content on youtube without his game lagging on our 50Mb/s connection. Add my mother into the mix and it's just a mess. 

The amount of data going out and coming in shouldn't be nearly enough to hinder your ability to watch HD youtube content... sounds like your ISP isn't giving you their advertised speeds.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

What the...? That shouldn't happen at all with 50 MB/s unless you watch 4K content.

Try 7 people trying to stream youtube at once with 20Mb/s

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I feel so bad for Canada. Contracts are terrible.

My cellphone is on contract because they offered me a Xperia Z1 for 0$ on a 2 year contract yeah I'll take one of those please, and your 4G network offers speeds of 20mbps down with unlimited data yup sold. It's really not that bad and the sign into a 3 year bundle is something that just started today.

well 25 does cut it for me and my family the only issue is that both companies offer shit upload speeds of like 3 mbps but sasktel is upgrading to fiber and will be offering 20-80mbps uploads with it...you know what i've made my decision, my job is seasonal and while it pays out the ass it I expect to be layed of this winter and I suck at saving I think it would make more sense for me to not sign a contract and just buy another tv inspite of the cost, it's slightly cheaper for me right now to stick with what I've got and I can switch over paying monthly when fiber roles around. Thanks for helping me come to a conclusion on this.

i wish saskatel would hurry and but fiber in my area, we pay 69.99 a moth for 25 down and 5 up but my Ethernet cable for my xbox and is 5 and 1 if i had fiber, for the same price we would get 50 down and 10 up 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

What the...? That shouldn't happen at all with 50 MB/s unless you watch 4K content.

Megabits... Mb stands for Megabits. 

Megabits... Mb stands for Megabits.

Yeah, I know. Split the MB which people think stands for Megabyte into 7 ( ( I think it was 7?) And that's your real speed.

Do the freaking 3 year for sure. That is a sweet deal compared to what you have now but for me I couldn't spend that much on all those services and plan on only having internet in a year's time.

People still do landlines...? I always feel pressured when a package includes phone service in the bundle and I don't really want it.

Edit: Ah, cell nvm

Our cable provider have the nerve to try to shove a phone line service and fees for 'installation' in the bundles with phone.

The amount of data going out and coming in shouldn't be nearly enough to hinder your ability to watch HD youtube content... sounds like your ISP isn't giving you their advertised speeds.

Dat ping tho. I recently had an issue where I getting my advertised 25mbps but my ping was 1000ms and it would raise by about 100-500 for what ever my brother was doing on it, so if we were both downloading we'd have no problems but playing any game was out of the question. I talked to the guys at Shaw((ISP) and they bumped my plan from 20 to 25 and it just fixed everything hell now I'm getting up to 28mbps which bravo.

Yeah, I know. Split the MB which people think stands for Megabyte into 7 ( ( I think it was 7?) And that's your real speed.

Divide by 8... Not 7... You get 6.25MB/s down. 

Dat ping tho. I recently had an issue where I getting my advertised 25mbps but my ping was 1000ms and it would raise by about 100-500 for what ever my brother was doing on it, so if we were both downloading we'd have no problems but playing any game was out of the question. I talked to the guys at Shaw((ISP) and they bumped my plan from 20 to 25 and it just fixed everything hell now I'm getting up to 28mbps which bravo.

That... is quite strange... totally beats me... 

Maybe it was line interference? Bad signal quality I guess. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

People still do landlines...? I always feel pressured when a package includes phone service in the bundle and I don't really want it.

Edit: Ah, cell nvm

Our cable provider have the nerve to try to shove a phone line service and fees for 'installation' in the bundles with phone.

Landlines give you proper phone service with 911. They also are cheaper than cell phones unless you are one of the people that does text only for most of the month and makes an odd call.