Screen Tearing

saboo108

I've been experiencing some screen tearing for a lot of games I play such a Valorant. I have a 3080 ti and a 4k gigabyte monitor. Any help would be appreciated 

Try enabling vsync.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Is there any other way to fix this other than using vsync it capes my framerate

\

Just now, saboo108 said:

\

Of course it caps your FPS. It's syncing you FPS with your monitor Hz. If FPS and monitor Hz weren't syncronized, there would be stutter since they wouldn't match up well. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

17 hours ago, saboo108 said:

\

Gsync

also Vsync caps your frames thats the point,  not sure why there would be a huge difference between say 240 fps* and ~ 267 fps... except one will be smooth af, the other will be ~267 fps...

(*of course not all games will support that since its neither a priority for devs and neither gamers)

Personally i only play with Vsync, 60fps or 120fps... Gsync is too stuttery for me, i hate fluctuating framerates,  which is exactly what Gsync does and man, is it bad at it... the delay is ridiculous. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Any of the sync technologies will cure screen tearing, if infact your getting screen tearing and are not mistakenly using the incorrect term for the issue ur experiencing.

'Vsync' is the traditional option which will cap your FPS to your monitor native set refresh rate, be it 60 , 190, 144 , 240hz etc. Used in conjunction with buffering options this maintains synchronization but adds some minor input latency.

'Fast Sync' is an option that allows FPS to go beyond your native refresh while maintaining GPU and monitor synchronization, only usable in windowed mode for the most part , some games just wont use it. You have to enable it in windows in most cases and disable any form of Sync ingame whilst running windowed or borderless windowed. Fast Sync wont magically give you more frames, it will however render all frames as fast as possible up to any pre existing cap you may or may not put inplace and then discard those above your displays set refresh rate, thus giving the 'feel' of higher FPS. This has less of a latency impact vs Vsync.

Variable refresh (Freesync / Gsync). This will alter your monitors refresh to match the FPS the GPU can achieve, up to the monitor maximum refresh rate and down to a set minimum determined by the displays capabilities.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

what is a good render latency because vsync raises it

and should i get a new monitor, one that goes above 144hz