Will VRM Heatsink melt my cables?

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,
38 minutes ago, erenthegod said:

Okay, then, thank you so much for the explanation.❤️

The insulation(including the sleeving) can get to around 80 degrees C before melting. So you should be good. For future, I would keep wires away from any sharp metal edges. Over time, the wire insulation could get cut through, and the wire inside could short out against the metal. In your photo, you should be okay because the sleeving is against the heatsink, not the actual wire. 

Hello, I'm building a new PC, and the CPU power cable appears to have become entangled between the VRM heatsink and the AIO radiator. I'm fine with the radiator, but I'm concerned about the VRM heatsink getting too hot and melting my cable. Will this problem develop in this manner?

122.png

No.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, erenthegod said:

So the VRM heatsink doesn't get hot, am I right?

It gets fairly wam, but the wires can get much hotter. The wires can handle much higher temperatures than the heatsink will ever be.

38 minutes ago, erenthegod said:

Okay, then, thank you so much for the explanation.❤️

The insulation(including the sleeving) can get to around 80 degrees C before melting. So you should be good. For future, I would keep wires away from any sharp metal edges. Over time, the wire insulation could get cut through, and the wire inside could short out against the metal. In your photo, you should be okay because the sleeving is against the heatsink, not the actual wire. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

8 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Hello, when I touch the metal edges, I notice that they aren't as sharp as they seem. Thank you for the help.

10 hours ago, erenthegod said:

Hello, when I touch the metal edges, I notice that they aren't as sharp as they seem. Thank you for the help.

Even tiny little vibrations over time could tear through it - that's usually why things become an issue. The little stuff that goes unnoticed.  You're probably fine, but it is something you'll want to keep in mind for other builds or future motherboard swaps. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch