AMD's RX 7900 Series Suffering A0 Stepping Issues and Releasing Unfinished RDNA 3 Silicon; Possible RDNA 3 Revisions Coming 2023

CommanderAlex
Go to solution Solved by CommanderAlex,

UPDATE: On Tom's Hardware, an AMD spokesperson has made a statement in regard to the shader prefetch problem that has been going around on news outlets. 

Like previous hardware generations, shader pre-fetching is supported on RDNA 3 as per [gitlab link(opens in new tab)]. The code in question controls an experimental function which was not targeted for inclusion in these products and will not be enabled in this generation of product. This is a common industry practice to include experimental features to enable exploration and tuning for deployment in a future product generation.

The code that was cited in the original posts by Kepler_L2, whom @xAcid9 pointed out to me being months old,  (whom is quoted in the original post) was pertaining to an experimental function that was not intended for final RDNA 3 products, therefore is disabled for now. 

The original problem whether AMD used A0 stepping speculation doesn't appear to be true, although AMD has not replied to inquiries made by Tom's Hardware yet. 

My thoughts

This appears to be just growing pains that we've uncovered...yet unless AMD makes a statement in regards to the A0 stepping for clarification whether "unfinished" silicon was used to launch the 7900XTX/XT. I just want to keep you guys updated on where this story is going. 

AMD Addresses Controversy: RDNA 3 Shader Pre-Fetching Works Fine | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

10 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

The original problem whether AMD used A0 stepping speculation doesn't appear to be true, although AMD has not replied to inquiries made by Tom's Hardware yet. 

Just like to point out that using A0 stepping silicon isn't actually a problem at all. If it's ready then it's ready, be it first go round or one hundredth.

Pretty sure in the Tom's article they point out that Nvidia on multiple occasions have used A0 silicon in final products, we should be giving pats on the back for being able to do this and saying job well done.

On at A0 thing, I saw this. I don't know the source but their methodology seems to be extracting this information from posted vbios, so there may be some variations from earliest shipped product and this list.

As an example of things not going well, there is Sapphire Rapids. Intel's still delayed server CPU range. They're on more than a handful of respins now but I can't find a list I saw previously.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

When AMD releases A0 silicon: Why is AMD releasing unfinished hardware with fatal flaws??!!! REEEEEEEEEE....

When AMD releases A1 silicon: Why is AMD taking so damn long to release their products??!!!!

When Nvidia releases A0 silicon: OMG this is the best thing since sliced bread! Must buy immediately!!!

When Nvidia releases A1 silicon: OMG they refined it and optimized it even more! Must buy!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

37 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

When AMD releases A0 silicon: Why is AMD releasing unfinished hardware with fatal flaws??!!! REEEEEEEEEE....

Before this incident I don't think anyone cared what steppings were used, without going back to perhaps Core 2 era when I recall there was one every overclocker was after.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

6 hours ago, porina said:

As an example of things not going well, there is Sapphire Rapids. Intel's still delayed server CPU range. They're on more than a handful of respins now but I can't find a list I saw previously.

I think it is the one from Toms Hardware:

There are also many examples of chips that had issues in the design/verification process that required multiple steppings to come to market. For instance, Sapphire Rapids was last known to be on the 12th stepping, and it still hasn't shipped in volume (A0, A1, B0, C0, C1, C2, D0, E0, E2, E3, E4, and E5 stepping — technically 5 base spins). Naturally, that has led to severe production delays and missed launch dates.  

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-addresses-controversy-rdna-3-shader-pre-fetching-works-fine

1 hour ago, porina said:

Before this incident I don't think anyone cared what steppings were used, without going back to perhaps Core 2 era when I recall there was one every overclocker was after.

Sandy Bridge p68 chipset (the chipset. not the cpu) had a massive hardware bug that created degraded sata performance over time. 
People went out of their way to make sure they did not get an A0/B0 (I think C0 fixed it? I dont rememeber) boards.

But yes. the stepping is a nothing burger other then stating A1/B0 could fix some of the issues on a refresh next year that we already knew was coming for some parts. No one ever used to care.

4 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

I'm wondering if this is something that has to do with the stepping (very interesting behavior regarding clocks on Navi 31):

I watched his video this morning and it appeared that the card is being power limited, only peaking to 397W. His overclocking methodology was just terrible...my $0.02. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Is there something he could have done differently? 

Undervolt and overclock, gradually overclock VRAM and front clock instead of just focusing on front clock. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

15 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Undervolt and overclock, gradually overclock VRAM and front clock instead of just focusing on front clock. 

From what he explained in the video, you can't overclock VRAM and front clock at the same time. Is that incorrect? I imagine he would have been able to figure that out if it was possible.

41 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

From what he explained in the video, you can't overclock VRAM and front clock at the same time. Is that incorrect? I imagine he would have been able to figure that out if it was possible.

At 3:53 of the video, he did say you cannot auto OC GPU and auto OC VRAM at the same time. 

52 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

At 3:53 of the video, he did say you cannot auto OC GPU and auto OC VRAM at the same time. 

Correct, but from what I can tell in the Adrenaline UI from the video, the manual tuning only shows the core able to be adjusted; while underneath where it says VRAM tuning, it says disabled. Is enabling VRAM tuning, as simple as clicking that slider where it says disabled and it enables it? If you can still overclock the VRAM, he just didn't demonstrate it, I stand corrected. And also RDNA 3 GPUs are chiplet based (at least Navi 31 and 32), so I thought that might be a new thing with the MCDs. I haven't used Radeon GPUs (ATi) since the late 90's / early 2000's, so be patient with me.

From what he was demonstrating in the video though, if as you say is a power limit, overclocking the core results in VRAM drastically downclocking. Also, he didn't try the reverse though (overclock VRAM and see if core downclocks); from what he was actually doing in the video, he seemed to only overclock the core and focused on that alone.

Regardless of this, his results showed, even when he was able to get the VRAM to not downclock, and got respectable clock speeds from the core. That still, performance degraded in benchmarks and he got lower FPS compared to when the clocks were lower (as in lower clocks equaled more performance than higher clocks).

Now about a week and a half ago, when these NAVI 31 design issues were appearing; people were claiming that because of a strict power consumption limit, Navi 31 suffered from a design flaw that severely limited its peak boost clocks. 

Could this behavior that Jay is showing, be exactly what these rumors were talking about? This is why I was wondering if this is related to the stepping rumor.

Lastly, the flaw from the flagship was purportedly fixed with Navi 32 and Navi 33. Meaning, perhaps, in a new stepping of Navi 31 (7950 XT, 7950 XTX?), they may be able to address this peak boost clock limitation. If there is one. 

1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Correct, but from what I can tell in the Adrenaline UI from the video, the manual tuning only shows the core able to be adjusted; while underneath where it says VRAM tuning, it says disabled. Is enabling VRAM tuning, as simple as clicking that slider where it says disabled and it enables it? If you can still overclock the VRAM, he just didn't demonstrate it, I stand corrected. And also RDNA 3 GPUs are chiplet based (at least Navi 31 and 32), so I thought that might be a new thing with the MCDs. I haven't used Radeon GPUs (ATi) since the late 90's / early 2000's, so be patient with me.

Hmm, under Manual tuning [Custom], I am able to control VRAM tuning and GPU tuning independently from each other, albeit this is on my 6900XT, a RDNA 2 GPU, not RDNA 3 with it's chiplets so whether you can adjust them or not will be something to investigate with. 1889249656_tuningcontrol.thumb.png.fd08f2064608b6a8b7db9e801af3d8d4.png

From what he was demonstrating in the video though, if as you say is a power limit, overclocking the core results in VRAM drastically downclocking. Also, he didn't try the reverse though (overclock VRAM and see if core downclocks); from what he was actually doing in the video, he seemed to only overclock the core and focused on that alone.

That's what appears to be happening, as Jay pointed that out as their card isn't drawing more power and have noticed that VRAM clockspeeds plummet, most likely to reallocate power to the GPU overclocking and reducing power to the VRAM. 

Now about a week and a half ago, when these NAVI 31 design issues were appearing; people were claiming that because of a strict power consumption limit, Navi 31 suffered from a design flaw that severely limited its peak boost clocks. 

I've been reading up into this and some have said that after the events on the 12VHPWR cable with Nvidia and the wattage draw, AMD possibly wanted to keep power consumption down in order to "compete" with Nvidia on that front. Whether or not these claims are true, we'll have to wait and see what the potential of RDNA 3 can do. 

Lastly, the flaw from the flagship was purportedly fixed with Navi 32 and Navi 33. Meaning, perhaps, in a new stepping of Navi 31 (7950 XT, 7950 XTX?), they may be able to address this peak boost clock limitation. If there is one. 

Correct, that's what the sources from the articles I have in my original post point to which are just leakers saying this. I think possibly AMD wanted to stay on the side of safety for right now, just due to the chiplet design and possibly issues related to A0 stepping that hasn't been hammered out yet. Drivers appear to have a big part, as always and AMD's weakest link, will need to be made to improve performance issues we've seen in the review videos where % gains aren't that big compared to a 6950XT. 

7 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

I'm wondering if this is something that has to do with the stepping (very interesting behavior regarding clocks on Navi 31):

Considering most other people are getting 10% improvement from overclocking, he is probably doing something very wrong.
image.png.da404193384c5e9a8bd6f61e5faaca7a.png
image.png.65a86ef2ff877b5baf8e4a66b97496c8.png
image.png.93580ddb95b73cfeb66747af1c6b2e16.png

They did not do Witcher with reference XTX 😕

Jay clearly does not know how to overclock AMD cards is my conclusion. My best guess is its because he is not undervolting, hence his issue running into power limits.

Why does Jay keep publishing things before running it through say, a forum first to answer his questions >.>
He says he looked around on the 16th... this was on the 15th
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-nitro/
and this was on the 12th
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-7900-xtx/

Overclocking the Radeon RX 7900 XTX is complicated. Just like on RDNA2, you can no longer dial in a specific clock frequency, but you're operating with min/max sliders to set a range. Surprisingly, changing the GPU clock either does nothing for performance, or it results in a loss of performance or crashes the card when set too high. I haven't been able to find any setting that actually increases performance.

It's great to see that AMD has unlocked the slider length (in the past you often ran out of slider length, effectively capping the OC potential).

Memory overclocking works well, but you have to monitor performance. Once memory becomes unstable, there will be no visual corruption, but performance goes down.

I found the best gains for overclocking in general can be found when setting the power limit to maximum (+15%) and combining that with an undervolt that reduces heat output and GPU temperature considerably, which lets the boost algorithm boost higher, for longer.

Overclocking the Radeon RX 7900 XTX is complicated. Just like on RDNA2, you can no longer dial in a specific clock frequency, but you're operating with min/max sliders to set a range. While on the AMD reference cards, changing the GPU clock does nothing for performance, or it results in a loss of performance or crashes the card when set too high, on this 3x 8-pin custom design things are slightly different.

Due to the increased power limit, the GPU frequency sliders can actually help. Just like on the reference card, for maximum OC performance you should increase power limit to max (+15%), then find your stable memory clock. Memory overclocking works well, but you have to monitor performance. Once memory becomes unstable, there will be no visual corruption, but performance goes down.

Once you have those two, start undervolting until your card is no longer stable—do not touch GPU clocks at this point. As you reduce the voltage, you'll see clockspeed go up automagically, because there is more power headroom to do so. But at some point you'll hit a wall with the clocks, they simply do not go higher, even though they still are 50 MHz below the "clock limit" slider. This is normal for RDNA2 / RDNA3, the "maximum" really seems to be "maximum minus 50 MHz."

At this point increase the max clock slider by 100 MHz, leave the minimum clock slider alone.

Now you can see GPU clocks increasing beyond the previous "wall." Keep reducing voltage until your card becomes unstable. If you hit the frequency wall again, increase max clocks by another 100 MHz.

Done!

Nothing really new from team red, I swear they come up with things which sound great then decide to handle it like it is some off the cuff hobby project where it don't really matter how it turns out, just enjoying the adventure they had making it.

5800X 4720mhz fixed OC 6900XT -75mv, 2600mhz 1440P 165hz

Full rig here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xvJF2m  

7 hours ago, Fendrick said:

Nothing really new from team red, I swear they come up with things which sound great then decide to handle it like it is some off the cuff hobby project where it don't really matter how it turns out, just enjoying the adventure they had making it.

Kinda like the adventures of Fury, Vega/Radeon VII, and HBM. It just died off quickly after the VII and focus on GDDR6 for right now. 

Jay to his credit fixed a number of issues with his first video. Still tries to make a few weird claims, but whatever, overall an improvement

On 12/19/2022 at 11:46 PM, starsmine said:

Considering most other people are getting 10% improvement from overclocking, he is probably doing something very wrong.

Spoiler

image.png.da404193384c5e9a8bd6f61e5faaca7a.png

image.png.65a86ef2ff877b5baf8e4a66b97496c8.png

image.png.93580ddb95b73cfeb66747af1c6b2e16.png

They did not do Witcher with reference XTX 😕

Jay clearly does not know how to overclock AMD cards is my conclusion. My best guess is its because he is not undervolting, hence his issue running into power limits.

Why does Jay keep publishing things before running it through say, a forum first to answer his questions >.>

He says he looked around on the 16th... this was on the 15th
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-nitro/

and this was on the 12th
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-7900-xtx/

Definitely seems like TPU's methodology is the best here, as many other outlets I looked at were struggling to get 3-5% improvement. Funny though, in KitGuru's review, in their overclocking section, AMD reached out to them and gave the following recommended settings for tweaking the XTX:

Undervolt -125mV, +100MHz memclk and +15% powerlimit

So it seems AMD is very aware of the Undervolting benefits and power limitations on these cards. 

1 hour ago, starsmine said:

Jay to his credit fixed a number of issues with his first video. Still tries to make a few weird claims, but whatever, overall an improvement

Spoiler

Watched this today and he seems to be getting great results from the Undervolt, although he didn't examine the VRAM overclocking as closely as I would like.

Seems TPU has had the best OC results with the 7900 XTX, especially the clocks they are getting compared to Jay and other outlets. Wonder if they are an outlier. Any info on what the community is getting? Haven't checked Reddit or Overclock.net.  

On 12/18/2022 at 9:34 AM, starsmine said:

Sandy Bridge p68 chipset (the chipset. not the cpu) had a massive hardware bug that created degraded sata performance over time. 
People went out of their way to make sure they did not get an A0/B0 (I think C0 fixed it? I dont rememeber) boards.

But yes. the stepping is a nothing burger other then stating A1/B0 could fix some of the issues on a refresh next year that we already knew was coming for some parts. No one ever used to care.

Yup, but it was the P67 chipset, B3 revision/stepping.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

I'll tell you how this goes:

Executive: we need to have a production release on A0 silicon.

Engineers: not possible

Executive: what's in the way of that

Engineers: a) b) c) d)

Executive: What do you need to fix that

Engineers: time

Executive: you don't have that so how else can you fix it.

Engineers: waiver

Executive: ok then, release the buggy shit.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

10 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

I'll tell you how this goes:

Executive: we need to have a production release on A0 silicon.

Engineers: not possible

Executive: what's in the way of that

Engineers: a) b) c) d)

Executive: What do you need to fix that

Engineers: time

Executive: you don't have that so how else can you fix it.

Engineers: waiver

Executive: ok then, release the buggy shit.

Then:

Executive: Why isn't A0 performing well on certain games??

Engineers: We still need to fix a) b) c) d)

Executive: Looks like you're working thru the holidays to get it fixed!!!

Engineers: Okaay