Ordering Computer Parts from Amazon: Beware

LapsedMemory

I have just posted about the amount of fakes on Amazon, especially hard drives, and their inability to do anything at all about it. IMO they are not a reputable site and in one case I had to take them to small claims court to get a refund on an item that arrived but had been removed from the OEM packiging. They refused to believe they could have shipped it like this or that it had gone missing in transit so refused the refund, I then filed a claim against them and uploaded video of me opening the package to find nothing inside. Thankfully the judge believed me and ordered Amazon to refund me and pay costs plus compensation.Amazon then sent me a small hamper of goods to apologise which was nice but I won't use scAmazon for anything expensive, or for computers, anymore.

On 12/27/2022 at 8:04 AM, Sarra said:

I wonder if this is more an issue in the mid-range product stack? I got a 5950X a while back, and didn't have an issue. Only problems I had were $10 cables being incorrect. Ordered an 18 ft CAT6 cable and got a power cord extension instead. Same order, I ordered a Display Port cable and got a HDMI cable instead.

Though, Amazon is worse than Newegg, I think. At least you even have an option for a refund. Newegg would just say 'lol enjoy your empty box scrub'.

Even worse, newegg sent me a bad check for a refund on something I ordered and they never even shipped.

5 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Even worse, newegg sent me a bad check for a refund on something I ordered and they never even shipped.

Isn't it, like, illegal to write a bad check?

I mean, Newegg just... Went so far downhill, so fast, it's kinda scary. And really sad. I haven't even considered buying anything from them, and I probably won't, at least, not for a really long time. D:

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022