5600x or 5800x

I am thinking of buying the amd 5600x cpu since its about 80$ cheaper than the 5800x, but would you say its worth getting the 5800x? Are there huge difference in specs?

Hardware unboxed just posted a video on youtube "Ryzen 7 5700X vs. Ryzen 5 5600 8-Cores vs. 6-Cores For Gaming"

I'd personally would wait for 7700X3D, and then there would be serious price drop for 5800X3D too.

I edit my posts more often than not

8 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

I'd personally would wait for 7700X3D, and then there would be serious price drop for 5800X3D too.

well yes, but what is op doing during that ~ year until a 7700x3d releases ? 🤔

8 hours ago, ArunSH said:

am thinking of buying the amd 5600x cpu

umm, get the 5600x, you dont really need a 5800x for gaming, the 5600x is a good cpu, even 5600 would be ok if you can get that cheaper.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

well yes, but what is op doing during that ~ year until a 7700x3d releases ? 🤔

Should be released in january.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7000X3D-CPU-core-counts-and-other-specifications-leak-ahead-of-alleged-CES-2023-introduction.672418.0.html

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

oh ok... last time i read about it was "sometimes next year " lol... well i agree waiting for some deals for the 5800X3D would be probably worth it then.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I went and bought the 5600x on the Black Friday deal from Amazon, since the 2600 I've been rocking for 3-4 years is just starting to show some age, and the 5600x is just a bios upgrade for my mobo.  

It arrived yesterday (a week and a half after ordering it), and when it arrived the CPU had been removed from the AMD box.  All that was in the box was the fan and the instructions.  

Going thru the negative reviews on the amazon product page, it looks like I'm not the only person this has happened to, as nearly all the bad reviews are people either not getting a CPU in the box, receiving a damaged/used CPU, or receiving a CPU in a box that wasn't the right CPU.  There appears to be some sort of buy/return scam going on with these and Amazon isn't properly checking to make sure the items that are returned are accurate (or existing).  

The worst part is Amazon won't just issue a replacement, I've got to return it for a refund, losing my Black Friday discount.  If I wait until tonight (apparently there's a 24hour waiting period on this option), I can try to claim the 'item never arrived' (technically, the CPU didn't) and try to get them to send me another one.

I'm so angry right now.  I've been shopping at Amazon since it was just books, and I've never been scammed like this before.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

Small update:  Turns out NewEgg is having the same deal, is still going on, and will throw in a copy of Uncharted with purchase.  Just have to wait 2 more weeks for the backorder to arrive.  I know this is a longshot, but here's to hoping newegg does better than Amazon.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T