Can I use a 5700xt with a 550 wat power supply?

idkevenknow
Go to solution Solved by idkevenknow,

Ok cool Thanks

I have a seasonic 550 wat power supply and am buying a 5700xt I would like to know if I need to upgrade my power supply with it. Thank You!

13 minutes ago, idkevenknow said:

I have a seasonic 550 wat power supply and am buying a 5700xt I would like to know if I need to upgrade my power supply with it. Thank You!

As long as you aren't also running like an overclocked 12900KS you should be totally fine

I ran a 2080 on a Seasonic Focus Gold 550W, and that card and the 5700 XT have about the same power draw I believe. I had a Ryzen 3700X at the time. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I've got 2 1080s folding with a focus 550w so yeah.

25 minutes ago, idkevenknow said: