Custom Water Loop and CPU Question

So I have 2 questions, one on doing a custom water loop and the other on the Ryzen 7 5800X3D.

For the custom water loop I have a Lian-Li Lancool 205. It supports a 280 Rad on the top and front of the case. I was thinking about a possible AIO or custom water loop with 2 280 Rads. The question I had was would that be too crowded with 2 280 radiators and would it fit if I got a  GPU that was close to the max GPU length of 350mm. I looking at getting the new Radeon 7900 XTX, which from AMD's site says it's 287mm. I have a GPU that I can use till I save money for that card. But with that I didn't know if a pump/reservoir would be to crowded. If I really wanted a custom water loop I would be able to do either an air cooled or AIO till I saved up for a case that would be better for a custom water loop.

The next question is about the X3D CPU I know AMD is planning on releasing 7000 series versions of the X3D and was wondering if I should wait and see what price to performance is especially since I'm strongly considering the new Radeon graphics cards.

If it would help let me know. I could list out what I have spec'd out for Motherboard and Ram for the Ryzen 7 5800X3D.

25 minutes ago, PSB84 said:

The question I had was would that be too crowded with 2 280 radiators

Looking at photos it should fit 2 280mm rads with ease. 

26 minutes ago, PSB84 said:

would it fit if I got a  GPU that was close to the max GPU length of 350mm

You just need to subtract the fan and rad thickness. Most fans are 25mm thick, and most slim rads are 30mm thick, so it should be a total of 295mm of clearance. That 7900 XTX reference card should fit just fine until you factor in the pump reservoir. That could still fit, but you'd have to be a bit creative with how to mount it (either a short res and mount it fully above the GPU or a long tube res and mount it horizontally below the GPU).

28 minutes ago, PSB84 said:

The next question is about the X3D CPU I know AMD is planning on releasing 7000 series versions of the X3D and was wondering if I should wait and see what price to performance is especially since I'm strongly considering the new Radeon graphics cards.

Either go for the 7000X3D chips or go 13th gen Intel, AM4 CPUs in general don't make a ton of sense anymore. A 13600K is faster in every way for less money. 

6 hours ago, PSB84 said:

I didn't know if a pump/reservoir would be to crowded

you can always go with cpu block + res + pump combo (its pump can be swap with ek ddc3.2)

http://www.barrowint.com/product/cpuslt/Barrow_cpu_water_block/1604.html

IMO for gaming, gpu is always the 1st thing for fps upgrade

5800x3d is on par with 13600k for gaming (cheaper if you already have am4 mobo)

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

6 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

you can always go with cpu block + res + pump combo (its pump can be swap with ek ddc3.2)

http://www.barrowint.com/product/cpuslt/Barrow_cpu_water_block/1604.html

IMO for gaming, gpu is always the 1st thing for fps upgrade

5800x3d is on par with 13600k for gaming (cheaper if you already have am4 mobo)

Thanks for the info I'll look into that combo, and yea I'll have to upgrade my motherboard if I remember right its an old AM3 or AM3+ socket so yea I NEED to up grade the mother board.

12 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Looking at photos it should fit 2 280mm rads with ease. 

You just need to subtract the fan and rad thickness. Most fans are 25mm thick, and most slim rads are 30mm thick, so it should be a total of 295mm of clearance. That 7900 XTX reference card should fit just fine until you factor in the pump reservoir. That could still fit, but you'd have to be a bit creative with how to mount it (either a short res and mount it fully above the GPU or a long tube res and mount it horizontally below the GPU).

Either go for the 7000X3D chips or go 13th gen Intel, AM4 CPUs in general don't make a ton of sense anymore. A 13600K is faster in every way for less money. 

Yea it was more about the pump/reservoir fitting because I knew I couldn't do 2 AIOs @ 280mm because the front would have to be mounted with the fittings at the bottom and most of the GPUs I looked at that had an AIO was too big to fit. Also with the fittings at the bottom would run the risk of air possibly/eventually getting into the pump. But thanks for the info I appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, PSB84 said:

Yea it was more about the pump/reservoir fitting because I knew I couldn't do 2 AIOs @ 280mm because the front would have to be mounted with the fittings at the bottom and most of the GPUs I looked at that had an AIO was too big to fit. Also with the fittings at the bottom would run the risk of air possibly/eventually getting into the pump. But thanks for the info I appreciate it.

There is another solution where you use a distro plate in the rear like this with a separate pump mounted below the GPU. That would work and get everything to fit.