Black shaft screwdriver position tracking

reaperman197

Just received a call from the National Post Office, telling me that I might receive the screwdriver by the end of the week and informing me, that I have to pay 19% taxes ( about $20 USD) from the total cost of the purchase (which includes the price of the screwdriver, the price of shipping and the taxes which I already payed). Upon telling them that I had already payed all the taxes required by the law, they said they had no proof of that and thus, 19% taxes of the total value of the parcel, which I'll have to pay (again !!!) is standard procedure. I'll see how it goes when I pick it up and request a refund from LTT "support".

My Screwdriver arrived about 10 minutes ago. (Wave 4 - Ordered 8/31)

It looks good, but there's no 2022 sticker pack in here. I guess that's okay.

I just double checked, but the shipping site still says it's in Vancouver, BC. I don't think it ever ended up updating...

Just received the Mulwark ratcheting screwdriver, which I ordered from Amazon, mainly for the 20 mm bits (especially for the PZ1 and PZ2, which I often use). Couldn't be more happy. The bits included with the LTT Screwdriver and the rest of the bits which came with the Mulwark screwdriver pretty much cover my needs, in regards to the LTT screwdriver. Now, the only thing left is for me to get the LTT screwdriver, at latest, by next week, if everything goes according to plan. 

For those interested, the Mulwark screwdriver is $ 16,99 U.S. on Amazon and it's called: " MulWark 20pc 1/4 Ultra Low Profile Mini Ratchet Wrench Close Quarters Screwdriver Set with High Torque - Right Angle EDC Tool with 90 Degree Mini Offset Reversible Drive Handle & Multi Hex Bits Set "

4c1d05aa-6473-43e4-bab4-f8bd84311aa41.png

Small update on the LTT screwdriver. It has actually left the customs office today, after it got the clearance (after 6 days). Don't think I'll get it by Friday, but it's almost a certainty that it will arrive by next week. Hopefully.

mine's been stuck with the label created for 6 days now as well. im certain it will start to move any day now. pretty sure ill have it by next week as well 🙂

On 1/6/2023 at 2:02 PM, MarcoSoftPr said:

Well, my label created was quite a bit before it was shipped, dates so far are as follows:

- Order 1 placed: 1 September 2022, All Black, Wave 4, this means Nov 20 + 4 weeks (18 December 2022)

- Order 1 modified: Oct 5 2022, refund on LTT Deskpads so can have separate order (Order 2) so ships faster

- Order 2 "ships": Oct 12 2022, this is label created

- Order 2 ship from Canada to the US: Oct 17 2022, Oct 20 2022

- Order 2 goes to Germany: Oct 27-28 2022

- Order 2 departs local distributions center: Nov 1 2022

- Get a share your thoughts about the LTT Northern Lights Desk Pad email for something that still hasn't arrived, nice, might want to have tracking integration built in for this to see if order arrived before sending out.

- Order 2 Arrives in South Africa: Dec 12 2022, only informed of this on the 20th when DHL arrives and demands $60 for customs, since item is valued at $120 for $80 of items including shipping, should be $20. Family busy on a process to get this sorted since it was a gift for them, can't do anything about it from here in Europe, why no customs clearance documents / customs invoice with value? DHL has a standard form on their site

- Order 1 Label created on Dec 24 2022: This is a week after the 4 weeks, thanks for sending a notice on the 23rd that there will be delays shipping, sure bad weather, but sending out a mail delay should have basically been automatic at this point, and should have been prepared end of week 3 if looks like can't hit target.

- Oder 1 Parcel Scanned in Vancouver BC: Jan 03 2022, this is 2 weeks later, there goes the piece in the mail saying "Based on our best estimates at this time, you should receive a shipping notification before the end of December.", rather be pessimistic than optimistic. Also shipping label created way too far in advance again, this after saying wouldn't do so months ago.

So based on how long it took to get to Germany, my guesstimate is that DHL will take until the 18th or so, let's see if LTT messed up the customs form, this order did have $23 of taxes charged on the $137 order, so will see how customs goes, kind of regret purchasing; I'm fine with waiting, but
- to see communication that you'd stop with the label nonsense, then do it anyways,
- then give new estimates when you should know that you can't meet them since this is the 4th wave of this screwdriver and you know you're currently having a weather issue (acknowledged in the mail...)
- mess up on attaching standard customs invoices,

- and the insanely long delays on replies from support, average was 9 days, one case of 2 days, this all Nov/Dec, you know that there will be a lot of support requests.

Also, change the item's description based on the selected option so dates are correct rather than having to scroll even further in the wall of text for the line that says 4 weeks delay, I'm pretty sure that generated a ton of support requests, and could have easily been clarified by sending out a mail to all that have the item in their order just notifying again what the actual estimated ship by date should be (based on wave that you've done by item name (and sure, "difficult", but not that difficult, I've worked developing online shopping websites before, was the first job I got out of college, it's not that difficult sending a custom mail based on SKU and I would guess worth it based on support backlog you're trying to minimize)).

Order 1 (Screwdriver) updates, just posting start date piece as well

- Dec 23 2022: Label Created

- Jan 04 2023: En route to distribution center

- Jan 06 2023: Received distribution center CA USA, Processed
- Jan 10 2023: Processing completed at Origin (whittier USA)

So it took a week to get to CA US; if same as Order 2, a week to Germany, and another week to here.

Would really like to know what shipping option this qualifies as, or if it's multiple separate economy shipping options. They should probably pick a more central shipping warehouse that's based in a state within US if every single shipment that isn't Canada has to go through Whittier CA anyways.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:18 PM, King Giddra said:

My Screwdriver arrived about 10 minutes ago. (Wave 4 - Ordered 8/31)

It looks good, but there's no 2022 sticker pack in here. I guess that's okay.

I just double checked, but the shipping site still says it's in Vancouver, BC. I don't think it ever ended up updating...

Similar story. Ordered 9/4/22, label made 1/2/23, received 1/11/23. No sticker pack as well, which is whatever for me too.

Ordered 8/31/2022 - Wave 4

-Nov. 20 estimated ship date; +4 weeks for black shaft

First Shipping Update (apology email): 12/23/2022

Wizmo "a shipment is on the way" notification: 12/26/2022

Wizmo "parcel scanned in terminal:" 1/6/2022

Delivered via USPS to Pennsylvania: 1/12/2023

Sticker pack included

On 1/4/2023 at 8:38 AM, analog56x said:

im in the same boat haha. wave 6 black screwdriver. im just patiently waiting, zero updates since the initial purchase back on sept 20 😞

Almost there, your purchase was 7 day behind me and I just received mine today 1/12/2023

-Robert

Case:  Cougar QBX

MB:  Asus ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING

CPU:  RYZEN 7 3800X

GPU:  MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X

SSD:  SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500GB  3.0 NVMe

SSD:  ADATA SX6000LPN 1T NVMe

MEM:  G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 3600 C16 16 GB (2x8GB)

PSU:  FSP Dagger 600W 80 Plus Gold Certified Full Modular Power Supply

-

After 46 days since the label was created (Wave 2 Black shaft screwdriver) and 30 days since it was shipped, earlier today I finally received a notice and I was able to go and pick up the LTT screwdriver from the post office. Contrary to what I was informed, I did not have to pay anything, except for a small standard handling fee, equivalent to $2 U.S. Considering that it had spent 30 days travelling, with different shipping companies and having travelled such a long way ( I live in the Eastern Europe, E.U. ), I would have expected some damage or wear, in regards to the parcel. To my surprise, it was not the case, it was in pristine condition, as if it was wrapped on the spot. Nothing was loose inside the packaging, I also got the gift, the LTT free stickers. Great job, regarding this aspect.

As for the screwdriver, I am really impressed. No doubt the best ratcheting screwdriver I ever used and owned. The Wera KK 27 RA 2, one of the LTT screwdriver analogues, which I own, doesn't even come close in regards to the ratchet and the shaft tolerances and the overall way it feels when using it. Even though the LTT screwdriver, doesn't have a rubberized handle, at least in light tasks ( I used it today to service 2 laptops ) it performs in an exceptional manner. Very comfortable handle, which does not become slippery and makes for an excellent grip. The overall feeling when using it, the build quality, the ergonomic shape of the handle, the attention to detail, the materials, everything in regards to it, show that it is a product made by enthusiasts and people with great skill ! Great job LTT ! Congratulation on this one ! And the price is definitely worth, for such a great product ! Even with the extra added shipping and taxes.

I love to give credit, where credit is due, however, the extremely bad experience with CS, communication wise, the prolonged delays, the very slow shipping, stop me from buying another one (initially this was intended as a Christmas gift for my father) or anything else for that matter, from LTT Store, until they open a warehouse in Europe, or provide different shipping options, like DHL, Aramex, etc, even though they might be more expensive, at least they are much more quicker. Overall, even though the bad experience remains, I am really happy with the purchase. The hype was well worth. Even the long wait wouldn't have been so problematic, had they communicated properly.  In the end, the outcome was favorable and no further problems occurred. So I'll leave it at that. 

Good luck everybody with your orders ! image.thumb.png.30478f64c855217ed9257f233dafe7f7.png

14 hours ago, robmara999 said:

Almost there, your purchase was 7 day behind me and I just received mine today 1/12/2023

that makes sense. i should get mine within that 7 day window. finally!!! i dont think i have ever waited so long for anything that wasnt from wish haha

woo hoo! my screwdriver is on its way. estimated delivery is tuesday the 17th. wave 6, black shaft.

11 hours ago, Alex T88 said:

I was able to go and pick up the LTT screwdriver from the post office.

Congratulations! I have been checking the thread every couple of days waiting to hear you got it. It's a shame it took so long but at least you have it now and didn't have to pay tax on it in the end haha. The screwdriver dose seem to be heigh quality so hopefully it will last as long as Linus was saying it will.

7 hours ago, reaperman197 said:

Congratulations! I have been checking the thread every couple of days waiting to hear you got it. It's a shame it took so long but at least you have it now and didn't have to pay tax on it in the end haha. The screwdriver dose seem to be heigh quality so hopefully it will last as long as Linus was saying it will.

Thank you. To be fair, I am quite happy. It only took 8 days after it was received by the Post Office, for them to inform me, that it is ready to be picked up. Considering that (many) other people's international parcels are kept 2-3 months in processing by the incompetents who work there, I couldn't be more happy with this resolution. Still, nowhere close to the DHL standards, for that matter, but it's quite ok, considering the circumstances. Indeed it is high quality. If it stands the test of time, under normal usage ( nothing extreme, like others think, because it's not build for that), it further proves that it is indeed an item worth it's cost and worth buying. Thanks again ! Use yours in good health !

Mine is on the move; I've updated my earlier post. Glad people seem to be getting theirs. Seems like yours just ended up in postal hell Alex.

I mean, I appreciate that the delays with the black shaft drivers was longer than expected, I'm also in that boat, but in your case, it's the shipping company(s) that are more to blame.

7 minutes ago, PepperTheKobold said:

Mine is on the move

Glad to hear that. 

7 minutes ago, PepperTheKobold said:

Seems like yours just ended up in postal hell Alex.

Yep, postal hell, after having spent way too much time to be delivered, after the label was created. Still, knowing the incompetence that is the main attribute of the National Post Office, I am grateful that things didn't go much more badly, since that is always an option, in regards to them.

9 minutes ago, PepperTheKobold said:

it's the shipping company(s) that are more to blame.

Yeah. That's why, as I've said, LTT should implement different shipping options. I'll gladly pay more if I am about to purchase an item that I really want, just knowing that everything will arrive much quicker and all will be smooth sailing. And even if mistakes happen, they will quickly get corrected. As an example, in less than a months time, I got from Amazon 2 parcels, which I ordered. Basically, first time I was scammed, got the empty packaging for the screwdriver which I mainly ordered for the 20 mm PZ bits, I got in touch on the spot with Live chat support, they sent me a new one which I received in less than a couple of weeks, this time, got what I ordered. Both parcels having been sent to me from the USA. So, it's definitely doable. Hope that everything will start to normalize and people will be getting their orders in a timely fashion. 

21 minutes ago, Alex T88 said:

That's why, as I've said, LTT should implement different shipping options. I'll gladly pay more if I am about to purchase an item that I really want, just knowing that everything will arrive much quicker and all will be smooth sailing. And even if mistakes happen, they will quickly get corrected.

Yeah, that's fair. I suspect they have some contracts regarding this kind of thing, to get better rates. They might be locked into using specific companies. Just a theory.

If LTT continues to expand though, the more pressure they'll be under to set up an additional warehouse. Unless LTT collapses, I think it's inevitable there will be an EU warehouse eventually. Hopefully they can attract some other creators if/when that goes down, like JTC, GN and so on. I fancy one of Steve's ModMats but I don't build PCs often enough to justify the cost including shipping yet.

Mine just showed up today. its in my hands, at long last! wave 6, black shaft

started using it, and LOVE how there is like, zero backdrag! i've had a couple ratcheting screwdrivers before, and this one, by far, is the best! well worth the wait!

On 1/12/2023 at 4:29 PM, MarcoSoftPr said:

Order 1 (Screwdriver) updates, just posting start date piece as well

So it took a week to get to CA US; if same as Order 2, a week to Germany, and another week to here.

Would really like to know what shipping option this qualifies as, or if it's multiple separate economy shipping options. They should probably pick a more central shipping warehouse that's based in a state within US if every single shipment that isn't Canada has to go through Whittier CA anyways.

Still hasn't left Whittier, CA, US, no update since the 10th.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:48 PM, MarcoSoftPr said:

Still hasn't left Whittier, CA, US, no update since the 10th.

Previous:

Updates:

- Jan 18 2023: Left local distribution center

- Jan 19 2023: Processed and Departed from local distribution center in Germany

- Jan 20 2023: Departed from local distribution center in Germany (again, probably just making a trip south and is a different center)

Might arrive next week some time, will see, since DHL/postal is busy striking in Germany, about a month from label creation, best case around 20 days from Canada to Austria, just that label creation should never have happened so far ahead of time.

Edit:

Got to Austria this afternoon, so should hopefully arrive tomorrow, so over a month since label creation. Think it would have been Monday or Tuesday without the protests though.

Wave 8 orange on black shipped today. Looks like it's out of their hands now and the gap between label printing and shipping has gotten better.

image.thumb.png.014af867db3c866c4198711873c6957d.png

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 1/8/2023 at 3:59 AM, PepperTheKobold said:

Hey, what do you know? I got an email saying my screwdriver is on the way 5 hours ago. I'll update here as things go.
Order No. 457###
Ordered October 1st

Shipment Data Received January 7th

Parcel Scanned in Terminal January 12th

Parcel Departed Terminal January 13th

In Transit with carrier January 16th (x2 6am and 8am)

In Transit at carrier destination facility Jan 26th (10am)
Arrived at my door Jan 26th at 1pm - Tracking still claims enroute

Well, mine has just been delivered. No complaints regarding the screwdriver itself though I'm sceptical about the lifespan of the bit holder, looks a bit fragile. Time will tell. Knowing what I know now, I think I'd have just ordered a silver shafted one. My buddy in Spain ordered his around the same and received late November. That said; we were told black shaft would be slow, I made the choice, I didn't NEED the screwdriver and it's here now regardless.

I hope folks still waiting get theirs soon.

Located in Southern United States

Received my screwdriver

Order No. 459###

Ordered October 2nd

Shipment Data Received January 8th

Parcel Scanned in Terminal January 17th

Parcel Departed Terminal January 18th

Accepted at Carrier Origin Facility January 19

In Transit with carrier January 19th (x2 2am and 8:30pm)

In Transit at carrier destination facility Jan 20th
Arrived at my door Jan 20th at 10am - Wizmo tracking still claims Shipment Ready. Carrier tracking is properly updated.

Don't forget to mark posts as the solution if you're satisfied!

I'm in the UK

I'm at a bit of a loss for this, my order is no.39####, ordered late august 2022.

It has not been delivered to me, but is showing as delivered when I go to track shipment.

It looks like it hasn't even left the US, currently in Whittier, LA.

I've just emailed lttsupport and I'm hoping to hear some more information from them, but from reading other posts here, I'm not setting high hopes for myself.

Clicking the link to track at DHL gives similar non-information, just saying that it has successfully been delivered with nothing else.

LcmW8gF[1].png

6 hours ago, doradus said:

I'm in the UK

I'm at a bit of a loss for this, my order is no.39####, ordered late august 2022.

It has not been delivered to me, but is showing as delivered when I go to track shipment.

It looks like it hasn't even left the US, currently in Whittier, LA.

I've just emailed lttsupport and I'm hoping to hear some more information from them, but from reading other posts here, I'm not setting high hopes for myself.

Clicking the link to track at DHL gives similar non-information, just saying that it has successfully been delivered with nothing else.

LcmW8gF[1].png

Hey, I think I helped you earlier today. I was able to click through to DHL and then to Hermes/Evri and locate where your package was delivered, so check your email if you haven't already. 😄

Long and the short of it is that it appears to have been delivered within the UK at least but it's possible it was left at the wrong house etc; we'll take care of you if that's the case.

If there's anyone else in this thread who's seeing some weirdness tracking their shipments I'm happy to help.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro