What makes Noctua fans so good

slyxndree

Hello! its me again with another stupid ass question

What makes Noctua fans so good? and why are their coolers hella expensive?

because they dont release it until it's right.

the 'magic' to noctua isnt so much that they are better than the rest, it's that you know if you see noctua printed on the box, it's going to work as advertised.

as for why they are expensive.. they actually arent *that much more* expensive than comparable coolers from other brands.

They're very sturdily built and backed by a strong warranty and good customer service, and usually perform very well.

14 minutes ago, slyxndree said:

and why are their coolers hella expensive?

They do less cost cutting. Nicer box, more accessories in the box, an actual tube of thermal paste good for multiple reapplications, etc. Nothing that actually makes the cooler itself better, just a nicer experience for the end user.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Look at thermalright coolers,They are cheaper and cool as good if not better.Also the new deepcool tower coolers are great options too.

fan boys... basically plenty of fans the preform the same or better cheaper and last just as long... 

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

23 hours ago, slyxndree said:

Hello! its me again with another stupid ass question

What makes Noctua fans so good? and why are their coolers hella expensive?

There are lots of fans out there just as good but imo the noise from their fans are by far more doable under high rpm than other fans. (the pitch of the fan noise)

17 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

fan boys... basically plenty of fans the preform the same or better cheaper and last just as long... 

you're not wrong if you look purely at performance, but imo Noctua has one of the best customer support systems, free bracket upgrades, great/long warranty, and in some cases they even send you free stuff when you ask for a replacement that's outside it's warranty.

all these things combined makes Noctua one of the populair choises.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

41 minutes ago, Wildgg said:

There are lots of fans out there just as good but imo the noise from their fans are by far more doable under high rpm than other fans. (the pitch of the fan noise)

you're not wrong if you look purely at performance, but imo Noctua has one of the best customer support systems, free bracket upgrades, great/long warranty, and in some cases they even send you free stuff when you ask for a replacement that's outside it's warranty.

all these things combined makes Noctua one of the populair choises.

i dont no because i never had a problem with anything other then 2 artic fans so far. be quiet, gentle typhoon, Gelid, fans. but at double the cost i dont no maybe it worth paying that but imo its not. unless every one warranty has been tested you cant say Noctua is better... if i ask artic for replacements ill probably get em too... but at $7 a fan im not too worried yet.  dose Noctua make good fans yes are they worth $40 no.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

It’s all hype imo. Yes they make nice stuff, but is it the nicest? No..

Chances are, those who fell head over heels in love with that brand were not used to quality hardware to begin with 🤷

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's