Linus claims on twitter that he supports the freedom of employees talking against him on LTT but at the same time he puts fired employees under a NDA

Watanabe

FYI, you can't really force someone into an NDA when you fire them. They signed an NDA at some point willingly (when they got the job, when they started on a specific project, as terms of a severance, or some other time period (before or during their employment).

If they signed it as terms of a severance, this usually means that it was a mutual event; sign the NDA, and get a 3-6 month package or something like this.

You cannot fire someone who is not under NDA and then after firing them enforce an NDA on them. You would have to file suit against them to get a judge to issue a gag order.

Also, nearly any job that has IP, or trade secrets, will have an NDA, they are not really all that nefarious, and they don't stop someone from whistleblowing anyway.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

On 11/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, ToboRobot said:

You don't "put someone under a NDA" they voluntarily sign them.

But honorable judge, I was under duress! 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

10 minutes ago, wasab said:

But honorable judge, I was under duress! 

What duress? 

If there is a NDA to cover up anything untoward that typically comes with silence money, so the duress is just the emotional struggle of voluntarily giving up your ethics for money.

Just now, ToboRobot said:

What duress?

The duress that comes from Linus’death stare of course. 

Sudo make me a sandwich