Create, pin and spend 10 minutes each week updating the thread to let us know when we can expect shipping of delayed products

Sigma1

Dear LTT Team,

It would mean a lot to me and potentially others in the community that have placed orders, and might I add paid for some time ago, if you could create a couple of threads pinned to the top of the merch segment for all delayed products. If you could then spend just 10 minutes each week to provide us with an update, this would be gratefully appreciated.

I cannot comment on the backpack as I haven't placed an order, but for the screwdriver I would like you to update us with the latest expected shipping dates for both the Silver & Black versions of the screwdriver. I ordered the black version and feel a little bit left in the dark with no update other than, it could be longer to ship than the silver.

Delays happen and I accept this, but I find it hard to forgive a lack of communication.

If it wasn't for the fact that the FX rates have moved detrimentally, and I have to pay FX fees on top, I might very well have requested a refund by now.

Thanks

Entirely agreed ! Couldn't have said it better. The fact is, that I even left a 5 star positive review for the screwdriver, a while ago, to counterbalance the negative reviews of people who did not understand the meaning of back-to-back orders and did not read the perfectly clear information in regards to shipping for each wave. But now, that information has become outdated. I do understand and accept delays. But the entire lack of communication and updates is something I can not abide. It almost makes me feel like I was scammed. I know it is not the case, but really, I would have not expected such treatment.

11 hours ago, Alex T88 said:

Entirely agreed ! Couldn't have said it better. The fact is, that I even left a 5 star positive review for the screwdriver, a while ago, to counterbalance the negative reviews of people who did not understand the meaning of back-to-back orders and did not read the perfectly clear information in regards to shipping for each wave. But now, that information has become outdated. I do understand and accept delays. But the entire lack of communication and updates is something I can not abide. It almost makes me feel like I was scammed. I know it is not the case, but really, I would have not expected such treatment.

you shouldn't have done that at all... leaving a false positive review? I'd go delete it, cause that is just childish & wrong

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

21 hours ago, Razercake said:

you shouldn't have done that at all... leaving a false positive review? I'd go delete it, cause that is just childish & wrong

I agree. I clearly stipulated why I left the review though, explaining those who did not account for the info provided. Similar reviews such as mine, where present at the time. However they have been deleted. Which is good. I wrote mine, on the 18th of September, it was removed a day later. 

@nicklmg@LinusTechThe OP isnt unreasonable here, some kind of pinned post keeping the community apprised of the delays and current projected times would probably do wonders to cut down on support tickets and would certainly go a long way in restoring faith in the shop, because based on this section of the message board it appears as though you are upsetting a lot of customers based on little to no communication.

9 hours ago, Alex T88 said:

I agree. I clearly stipulated why I left the review though, explaining those who did not account for the info provided. Similar reviews such as mine, where present at the time. However they have been deleted. Which is good. I wrote mine, on the 30th of September, it was removed a day later. 

Yea I understand the reasoning, the problem is making a fake review that is 5 stars isn't any better than a fake 1 star review. you just add to the problem, that being said would be nice with a pinned thread where they would give some updates on delays. a little heads up goes a long way & lack of information is where most people get annoyed cause not knowing is infuriating. 

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

2 hours ago, Razercake said:

Yea I understand the reasoning, the problem is making a fake review that is 5 stars isn't any better than a fake 1 star review. you just add to the problem, that being said would be nice with a pinned thread where they would give some updates on delays. a little heads up goes a long way & lack of information is where most people get annoyed cause not knowing is infuriating. 

Exactly ! I agree. To be fair, back then the review thread was basically like a forum or a wall, where people were expressing their thoughts, mostly concerning shipping and delays. Which was clearly not okay. And it still isn't, taking into account that people still post their frustrations regarding delays, which is somewhat understandable, because of the lack of updates. I think they should change the way people can review a product, one should be able to do so, only after confirmation of actually receiving/having it. 

Regarding delays, a pinned thread would be nice. Or an update on the web page where you go to purchase the screwdriver. As I did post in other threads, I did get an update from support, a week later after my inquiry. Short version is, that the black shaft screwdrivers will delay 3-4 weeks past their estimated shipping date from each wave. So now we know, that the delay is a certainty, not a possibility as was and still is stated in the original message ( "may delay" ). I wish this was made clear from the get go. As I said, I can understand delays and I have no problem, considering the circumstances. The lack of communication and the lack of clarity is what I have a problem with, especially that the product is payed for in advance. I am glad that it somewhat got sorted and things have improved communication wise, even if we are still dealing with estimates. 

Capture.JPG

31 minutes ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Yea, agreed. Positivie review bombing is exactly as bad as negative review bombing. 

Dont leave positive reviews just cuz you want to suck up to your favourite corporation. Leave a review, based on the product and the service you were given. So far you havent been given anything other than trouble. 
Stop doing this

First of all, I was not trying to suck up to anybody. The positive "review" was actually giving 5 stars to the product. Second of all, the "review" had nothing to do with the product itself.

I find that people find it hard to understand, even though I clearly explained myself in the comments above and what the "review" was about. Therefore, I will drop the "review" here, to avoid anymore fuss: 

"IMPORTANT NOTICE !
There is absolutely nothing misleading about the ad. All the information was provided from the get-go. They've even updated the order numbers to the corresponding waves. They will keep everyone posted, provide a tracking number and any important information upon sending the screwdriver. Upon ordering, you can see exactly what wave you are in. Once your order is confirmed, you get an order number and you can match that with the corresponding wave for which such information is provided. Everything that needs to be known about the order/purchase is clearly and indubitably provided. Nearly a month after it's release and some people can't understand basic information. It's really atrocious to find negative 1 star reviews, due to sheer incompetence or malice."

This was posted on September 18th, when everything was clear and things did not look to go sour. Meanwhile, the information provided, stayed the same, became obsolete and nothing was updated. At that time, it only felt natural to write a piece of information, for people who were jumping straight to providing a bad review because they did not read what was clearly stated and left no doubt for interpretation.

28 minutes ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Sigh. 

Do you have the screwdriver? No? Then you reviewed nothing, therefore its moot.
Yes? I was wrong. My bad.

Exactly, I reviewed nothing. Because there wasn't anything to review and that was not the point of why I wrote it. In all fairness, even today, you can hardly call that a review area. There are countless "reviews" which have nothing to do with the product itself. Unless they change it, so only people who actually got the screwdriver, either by delivery or bought it in person when that sale was organized (and probably add a picture or 2, so we know they actually unpacked it), can actually review it, the section is a complete waste of time. Judging by what is posted there, I think even those in charge of it got tired of deleting stuff totally unrelated to the screwdriver. It is basically a mess. 

18 minutes ago, NastyFlytrap said:

With all due respect, people like you are are the examples why only people who actually had the screwdriver on hand for a few days/a week should be able to post reviews.

Of course, implementing that without an API sounds hellish.

Yeah, I totally agree. As I admitted, it was wrong of me to post. Yet again, you can't really call that a review thread. Not in the way it is implemented and maintained now. 

On 11/15/2022 at 3:10 AM, Sigma1 said:

Dear LTT Team,

It would mean a lot to me and potentially others in the community that have placed orders, and might I add paid for some time ago, if you could create a couple of threads pinned to the top of the merch segment for all delayed products. If you could then spend just 10 minutes each week to provide us with an update, this would be gratefully appreciated.

I cannot comment on the backpack as I haven't placed an order, but for the screwdriver I would like you to update us with the latest expected shipping dates for both the Silver & Black versions of the screwdriver. I ordered the black version and feel a little bit left in the dark with no update other than, it could be longer to ship than the silver.

Delays happen and I accept this, but I find it hard to forgive a lack of communication.

If it wasn't for the fact that the FX rates have moved detrimentally, and I have to pay FX fees on top, I might very well have requested a refund by now.

Thanks

Thx for the suggestion. I'll work on this!

On 11/17/2022 at 8:34 PM, NastyFlytrap said:

Of course, implementing that without an API sounds hellish.

I'd say it is trivial, but fine let's meet in the middle.

Can we stop making excuses for LTT 😆, it is not like they can't afford to implement it.
The only reason (I can think of) LTT allows anyone to post a review is because they are counting on positive review bombing by fanboys.
I am willing to bet if we ever see serious negative review bombing, Linus would quickly sort it out...

image.png.800392ea61a165469f5bc230912f8738.png

image.png.47e7b812260c47846e4bdfbaafca5564.png

This is a f*** joke.

If anyone from LTT store team reads this, please delete the (backpack) review.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet