lttstore VOEC registered or not?

MariusJS

According to this; https://www.lttstore.com/pages/statement-on-taxes-in-europe-uk-and-norway

I would assume they are VOEC registered, but I just talked to the norwegian post customer service, and all registered companies are public; https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/business-and-organisation/vat-and-duties/vat/foreign/e-commerce-voec/online-shops-and-e-marketplaces-registered-in-the-voec-register/

I can't find ltt/lttstore or wizmo/creator warehouse on there, so I guess we have to pay the about 80$ and then make a support ticket, but as a "hack" earlier, I have written the VOEC ID; in C/O field (on other sites like amazon, ebay etc...), but that requires you actually have the ID number. 

@nicklmg Do you know/can you tell us what company you are registered under and give us the ID for future purchases?

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

• 4 months later...

I see this post is a bit old, but I was wondering about it my self just now. Couldn't find it on the VOEC list, when they register there, double charging for VAT will go away here. Never had that problem when I buy stuff from companies who is registered on VOEC

• 3 months later...

Looks like LTT have just droped all VOEC or what to call it since this page is gone "https://www.lttstore.com/pages/statement-on-taxes-in-europe-uk-and-norway"

So probably, we in Norway will be second taxed then it come to Norway forever. And just have to email Ltt to get the tax part we paid when order and still be missing like 20-30USD since the Norwegian second tax will be more then what we paid when order =/

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 9:42 AM, Datafriken said:

Looks like LTT have just droped all VOEC or what to call it since this page is gone "https://www.lttstore.com/pages/statement-on-taxes-in-europe-uk-and-norway"

So probably, we in Norway will be second taxed then it come to Norway forever. And just have to email Ltt to get the tax part we paid when order and still be missing like 20-30USD since the Norwegian second tax will be more then what we paid when order =/

My last purchases from LTTstore was not taxed twice. But it was also under a value that would not be on the import charges.

I remember from a wanshow lately, shipping is handled by a third party, and that is fine, what is not fine, is LTTstore don't mention this on their website, so we can look up on the public VOEC list. I reached out to customer support, and asked them who handled the shipping, but they wouldn't say. 

(They misunderstood my email, and thought I wanted a VAT-refund, but I just had a question on what company was the VOEC-registerd company)

"NOTE: At this time, we are prohibited from publicizing our tax ID numbers such as IOSS or VOEC, if either is applicable to you."

If this was clearer, the VAT and import would go much smoother. But when we make a large purchases we might be hit with import taxes, and the only one that can do something about that, is our government. That is not LMG fault. But VOEC numbers is public information, but LMG nor their third party shipper doesn't think so.

Sorry for the confusion there.

We're actually not VOEC registered at-all, though when we first started having issues in Norway, we had believed that initially. That registration was handled for us by a third-party and we later learned that they had registered us with a local Norway Tax ID rather than VOEC, hence the misunderstanding there. If that seems frustrating, that's because it is. It's one of a few different tax issues that we've been diligently trying to get sorted, but which is largely out of our direct control to address. 

The response you're quoting is pre-prepared. I do think that referencing VOEC when we are not even registered is confusing, though, so I've removed all reference to that going forward. To clarify, it is true that we prefer not to publicize our tax IDs unless we are required to do so by law, as this does slightly increase the likelihood that we will be the victim of fraud.

I apologize that the agent you spoke with didn't fully understand your question. In their defense, a lot of people in that situation open with "what is your Tax ID?" so it can be difficult to parse out sometimes. Still, while their intentions may have been good they still should've replied in a way that was more relevant to what you asked.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

57 minutes ago, Adam Pilolla said:

Sorry for the confusion there.

We're actually not VOEC registered at-all, though when we first started having issues in Norway, we had believed that initially. That registration was handled for us by a third-party and we later learned that they had registered us with a local Norway Tax ID rather than VOEC, hence the misunderstanding there. If that seems frustrating, that's because it is. It's one of a few different tax issues that we've been diligently trying to get sorted, but which is largely out of our direct control to address. 

The response you're quoting is pre-prepared. I do think that referencing VOEC when we are not even registered is confusing, though, so I've removed all reference to that going forward. To clarify, it is true that we prefer not to publicize our tax IDs unless we are required to do so by law, as this does slightly increase the likelihood that we will be the victim of fraud.

I apologize that the agent you spoke with didn't fully understand your question. In their defense, a lot of people in that situation open with "what is your Tax ID?" so it can be difficult to parse out sometimes. Still, while their intentions may have been good they still should've replied in a way that was more relevant to what you asked.

Tax-ID is one thing, but when collectiong VAT over E-Commerce, and are registered, then the VOEC is public on our state tax website (skatteetaten) https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/business-and-organisation/vat-and-duties/vat/foreign/e-commerce-voec/online-shops-and-e-marketplaces-registered-in-the-voec-register/. That is so we buyers can check if VAT is collected from the E-Cmmerce. (For those whom it may concern, you will also find guides on how to register on VOEC on that site)

I get it is confusing when dealing with a global E-commerce site, but yeah, no need to keep VOEC secret when you finally get one. It will be on a public list. But as long you (nor your shipping partner) might not have a VOEC, you might consider removing Norway from the shipping, but that is all dependent on your current communication between you/your shippingpartner and the tax administration in Norway.

23 hours ago, affa said:

Tax-ID is one thing, but when collectiong VAT over E-Commerce, and are registered, then the VOEC is public on our state tax website (skatteetaten) https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/business-and-organisation/vat-and-duties/vat/foreign/e-commerce-voec/online-shops-and-e-marketplaces-registered-in-the-voec-register/. That is so we buyers can check if VAT is collected from the E-Cmmerce. (For those whom it may concern, you will also find guides on how to register on VOEC on that site)

I get it is confusing when dealing with a global E-commerce site, but yeah, no need to keep VOEC secret when you finally get one. It will be on a public list. But as long you (nor your shipping partner) might not have a VOEC, you might consider removing Norway from the shipping, but that is all dependent on your current communication between you/your shippingpartner and the tax administration in Norway.

I think our sales in Norway are at a point where stopping all shipments to Norway isn't really a realistic option anymore. That's actually the reason we're collecting tax there in the first place (if you have a certain amount of revenue in a country then it's required). It's "a good problem to have"; you guys have shown us a lot of support!

Obviously it's not ideal that these double-taxation situations are happening, but we're still plugging away at it!

Trust me bro

12 hours ago, Adam Pilolla said:

I think our sales in Norway are at a point where stopping all shipments to Norway isn't really a realistic option anymore. That's actually the reason we're collecting tax there in the first place (if you have a certain amount of revenue in a country then it's required). It's "a good problem to have"; you guys have shown us a lot of support!

Obviously it's not ideal that these double-taxation situations are happening, but we're still plugging away at it!

Yeah, and it my have been missed in my earlier post, even with the misunderstanding, I have fully faith in the support team to handle any double-taxations for any customers. So if I was faced with a double charge on taxes, I have no doubt that the support team would handle that.

I also have faith your or the third party shipper would fix this VOEC-issue, but I understand it all takes time.

i now have 2 order on 100USD order and a 300USD order on the way to Norway, and if they where taxed again LTT will put me in around 50USD loss in tax part still after a email refund from support just like last time =/

if i have a order at ltt for 200USD in total : 

160 in items 

40 in VAT

when that come to Norway , custom look at this as a 200usd value order that men

200usd + 25% VAT is 50USD VAT + the general 15USD fee for all parcel under 300USD "3000NOK" that mean at my local post i will have to pay 65USD to get the parcel out and when i email LTT for a refund i only get back the 40 that they collect .

1 hour ago, Datafriken said:

if i have a order at ltt for 200USD in total : 

160 in items 

40 in VAT

when that come to Norway , custom look at this as a 200usd value order that men

200usd + 25% VAT is 50USD VAT + the general 15USD fee for all parcel under 300USD "3000NOK" that mean at my local post i will have to pay 65USD to get the parcel out and when i email LTT for a refund i only get back the 40 that they collect .

What you can do, is declaring the customs your self. So the postal service don't declare it for you. See more here:
https://www.toll.no/no/netthandel/fortolle-selv/

Edit: didn't read it in detail before now, if you declare stuff yourself the postal service will just take a storage fee, instead of the declaring fee. It sux to be norwegian. 

However Amazon.com is VOEC registered, and if i remember correctly, LTTstore has a "store" there too now. So that might be an option

If LTT is not VOEC and dont deal med the Norwegian VAT on the right way they should not collect it period, when there FAQ say if i get charged again just pay the fee there want to get my parcel then email LTT for refund the problem is that the total cost for collecting the parcel all the times has been more then what the refund i get from LTT so on every parcel i lose money doo that extra fee i will have to pay to collect the parcel out at the Norwegian Post , i f did not pay any VAT etc at LTT that would have been fine no problem ...

055f6b78094c9b3965f8498052546a5e.png

• 5 months later...
On 8/17/2023 at 2:22 AM, Adam Pilolla said:

Hi

I know its an old thread, but is there any movement on this issue?

The Norwegian Tax Administration just changed some things, and launched a new solution for VOEC at Jan. 1st this year.

https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/business-and-organisation/vat-and-duties/vat/foreign/e-commerce-voec/

I just got a package from you guys and am currently waiting for response on my ticket to lttstore support for a refund of the tax.

The current "solution" with a refund on the taxes you collect after the fact is bad. We overpay on taxes by having to pay tax on the tax you collected as well

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

I hope this get improved. The simplest thing you could do if you don't fix it properly, is for LTT to stop collecting taxes on orders to Norway, or somehow make sure we don't pay VAT on the VAT you collect, if that is possible.

Another thing I am curious about, if I am in possession of a discount code on LTTStore, how will Posten/Norwegian Customs treat that when it comes to VAT?

Will I have to pay VAT on the original value or the discounted value?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

9 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Will I have to pay VAT on the original value or the discounted value?

Considering LTT store puts the original price of the items on the packages, expect to get bent over there too. Ask me how I know.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 hours ago, Tegneren said:

Hi

I know its an old thread, but is there any movement on this issue?

The Norwegian Tax Administration just changed some things, and launched a new solution for VOEC at Jan. 1st this year.

https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/business-and-organisation/vat-and-duties/vat/foreign/e-commerce-voec/

I just got a package from you guys and am currently waiting for response on my ticket to lttstore support for a refund of the tax.

The current "solution" with a refund on the taxes you collect after the fact is bad. We overpay on taxes by having to pay tax on the tax you collected as well

I'm not aware of any specific developments there as anything relating to taxes is primarily an accounting-side question. Our tax collection software is also maintained by a third party which we need to liaise with in order to make essentially any change. So that's the primary reason for the slow progress. I'll certainly pass this along to our accounting guys and make sure they're aware.

If you believe you're getting overcharged due to an error in our customs declaration, include a photo of the customs declaration on your package and we'll be happy to reimburse you for the difference. If customs is making an error and charging you based on an amount higher than what that declaration should indicate, then you need to file for reimbursement through customs and submit the invoice you received at checkout to clarify the correct value. Any such errors that may occur are entirely unrelated to double-VAT taxation.

7 hours ago, Levent said:

Considering LTT store puts the original price of the items on the packages, expect to get bent over there too. Ask me how I know.

This is incorrect. We submit customs declarations based on the price that you paid in-store. If that wasn't the case with your order, please contact us through the link in my signature so we can fix that for you.

Trust me bro

25 minutes ago, Adam Pilolla said:

This is incorrect

Let’s not act like this the first time I mentioned this you.

I paid US$29.99 for a SC hoodie and the price breakdown on my package included shipping AND FULL PRICE of the hoodie, resulting getting charged tax for $69 instead of $30. I have been bitching loud enough for months now, nothing has been done to remedy anything. I have tagged you publicly when I got my package too and I know you seen it. This was August 2023.

So due that “mistake” I paid twice as much tax which resulted in paying $35 on import taxes alone instead of $15.

Here before you claim otherwise I’ll post it again.

Spoiler

image.png.f10c88803ca951c87b7a6e36e54ca101.png

My order confirmation 

Spoiler

IMG_2186.png.7b2afbee9f573f9b496a73ad987e3a87.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

21 minutes ago, Levent said:

Let’s not act like this the first time I mentioned this you.

I paid US$29.99 for a SC hoodie and the price breakdown on my package included shipping AND FULL PRICE of the hoodie, resulting getting charged tax for $69 instead of $30. I have been b******g loud enough for months now, nothing has been done to remedy anything. I have tagged you publicly when I got my package too and I know you seen it. This was August 2023.

So due that “mistake” I paid twice as much tax which resulted in paying $35 on import taxes alone instead of $15.

Here before you claim otherwise I’ll post it again.

Hide contents

image.png.f10c88803ca951c87b7a6e36e54ca101.png

My order confirmation 

Hide contents

IMG_2186.png.7b2afbee9f573f9b496a73ad987e3a87.png

I would say that the image you're posting here would certainly indicate an error of some kind, as I alluded to. I'll repeat; this is not our standard practice and if you'd like to be compensated for any additional fees that you paid, you remain welcome to submit that documentation to us via the form linked to in my signature. If you've already done that and weren't compensated, that too would be a failure on our side and I'd encourage you to reopen that ticket so that we can resolve this for you properly.

Respectfully, I post here almost exclusively in my spare time. This forum is not for customer support and I am not able to reply in every thread that I'm tagged in, same as any other LTT staff member, so merely tagging me on this forum will not necessarily give you the result that you're after, as contacting us through our help center would.

Trust me bro

25 minutes ago, Adam Pilolla said:

If you believe you're getting overcharged due to an error in our customs declaration, include a photo of the customs declaration on your package and we'll be happy to reimburse you for the difference. If customs is making an error and charging you based on an amount higher than what that declaration should indicate, then you need to file for reimbursement through customs and submit the invoice you received at checkout to clarify the correct value. Any such errors that may occur are entirely unrelated to double-VAT taxation.

I checked just now, and I was actually wrong, sorry for that(and for possibly fueling the fire). The tax i was charged was just for the value of the items as listed on the customs declaration.

I spoke based on previous experiences, and may have been colored by other responses here.

The values on the customs declaration was about 35% lower than on the order confirmation. How does that work?  Is that without some kind of Canadian sales tax?

I paid $100 USD to you for the items excluding shipping and tax, but the customs declaration has a total of $65 USD, and what I paid sums up to 25%(standard VAT) of that pluss a standard processing fee.

The tax you collected was 25% of the full value of $125 ($100 pluss $25 shipping)

So in total it seems I paid less VAT than what you collected. I'm of course not protesting that, but I'm a bit curious how that works

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

On 1/24/2024 at 2:42 PM, Tegneren said:

I checked just now, and I was actually wrong, sorry for that(and for possibly fueling the fire). The tax i was charged was just for the value of the items as listed on the customs declaration.

I spoke based on previous experiences, and may have been colored by other responses here.

The values on the customs declaration was about 35% lower than on the order confirmation. How does that work?  Is that without some kind of Canadian sales tax?

I paid $100 USD to you for the items excluding shipping and tax, but the customs declaration has a total of $65 USD, and what I paid sums up to 25%(standard VAT) of that pluss a standard processing fee.

The tax you collected was 25% of the full value of $125 ($100 pluss $25 shipping)

So in total it seems I paid less VAT than what you collected. I'm of course not protesting that, but I'm a bit curious how that works

If the declared value is anything other than exactly what you paid (or sometimes $1 for $0 items, since some countries disallow $0 declarations), I would say that's unintentional and likely caused by some kind of technical glitch between our Shopify store and our fulfillment centre's shipping software. I've already passed along all the concerns in this thread and others so it's being looked into. 🙂

Trust me bro

On 1/24/2024 at 11:42 AM, Levent said:

how do you know?

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

Just now, djksm said:

how do you know?

I guess scrolling down a little was too hard for you. Not unexpected considering the thread in your signature.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I guess scrolling down a little was too hard for you. Not unexpected considering the thread in your signature.

🤥

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

Got my last order in Norway now today and the customs has also started to claim the clothing tax we also have :

"Importation of clothing
There are customs duties on many types of clothing. In most cases, the customs duty rate is 10.7%. You must also pay value added tax of 25%"

so this start to get really funny =/

13 hours ago, Datafriken said:

Got my last order in Norway now today and the customs has also started to claim the clothing tax we also have :

"Importation of clothing
There are customs duties on many types of clothing. In most cases, the customs duty rate is 10.7%. You must also pay value added tax of 25%"

so this start to get really funny =/

😞

Do you know how that works if a package content is mixed, some clothes and some other things?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking