Is there any ATX3 PSU out yet?

AlexQC

I'm building a new system and was waiting for the new ATX3 PSU (in the meantime I use my Corsair 860W PSU). Is there any out yet? I was thinking about getting the Sea Sonic VERTEX PX-1200 when it will be out but maybe there something "better" already out?

There's many already out, mainly from msi and thermaltake. I'm sure im forgetting others but these are the main 2 I've seen.

I would at the very least wait for a review of a PSU before buying it. Especially when it's from a relatively shady company like Seasonic. E.g. the Prime TX-1600 is only ATX3.0 compatible up to 1000W, not 1600W, they lie about the temperature rating on their PSUs, etc. 

Corsair has a Type 4 to PCIe 12+4 pin cable available, so that might be a better option than replacing a PSU which might still be fine. 

:)

25 minutes ago, seon123 said:

they lie about the temperature rating on their PSUs, etc. 

Actually, the TX-1300 and TX-1600 (and the PX-1600) are the only ones that don't de-rate power with temperature. They're 0-100% @ 50c like the best of them.

25 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I would at the very least wait for a review of a PSU before buying it.

@AlexQC this 
MSI Ai1000P has been tested to be a good unit (albeit too loud), the Ai1300P is a perfect choice as it's more silent.

https://hwbusters.com/psus/msi-meg-ai1000p-pcie5-atx-v3-0-psu-review/

https://www.cybenetics.com/d/cybenetics_jWP.pdf

Thermaltake GF3 series also passed (except 1200W), but they're even louder than the Ai1000P which is unfortunate.

FSP Hydro G pro is quite good, and tested:

https://hwbusters.com/psus/fsp-hydro-g-pro-1000w-atx-v3-0-psu-review/

Corsair HX1000I and HX1500i pass it (HX1500i only up to 1300W)

Silverstone HELA 850r is great,and also passes.

https://cultists.network/9094/silverstone-hela-850r-review/

2 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Actually, the TX-1300 and TX-1600 (and the PX-1600) are the only ones that don't de-rate power with temperature. They're 0-100% @ 50c like the best of them.

Seasonic's website originally listed it with a 40°C temperature rating when it was launched but checking Seasonic's website now shows that they've updated it to 50°C. I'm not sure if they revised the temperature rating or if it was an error on the page when they copied and pasted the specifications from their other products.

Spoiler

Old version of the product page from wayback machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20220902113947/https://seasonic.com/prime-tx

image.png

It's good to see a proper 50°C operating temperature rating on it now though.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I wonder why Corsair isn't willing to do ATX3 PSUs with the new HP12V stuff ?

The adapters are ugly when not dangerous...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'm not sure if they revised the temperature rating or if it was an error on the page when they copied and pasted the specifications from their other products.

Probably error on the page, there's errors for G12/B12 as well (intentional omitted possible as well), where they list less protections than they actually have.

11 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Theirs (pic below) is actually less dangerous than a native 12+4 to 12+4 pin (old-school 2x8 pins are easy to seat in xD)

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I wonder why Corsair isn't willing to do ATX3 PSUs with the new HP12V stuff ?

Probably just bad timing for them since they just refreshed most of their power supply stack in the last year or so. They refreshed RMx, TXM, HX, RM, and launched the new RMe variant. I was a little surprised the new HX1200 and HX1500 didn't have a 12VHPWR connector, but they were probably in the works for a while. Also keep in mind that adding a 12VHPWR cable to an existing power supply is a lot easier than complying with ATX 3.0 specifications. ATX 3.0 power supplies will require a lot more design time and validation. While they could slap a 12VHPWR cable on existing power supplies and sell them as a new model like what Gigabyte did, you probably won't see 12VHPWR equipped power supplies from Corsair until they release some ATX 3.0 standard power supplies.

Corsair sells a 12VHPWR cable for their existing power supplies though, plugs directly in to the power supply.

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/600W-PCIe-5-0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Probably error on the page, there's errors for G12/B12 as well (intentional omitted possible as well), where they list less protections than they actually have.

Theirs (pic below) is actually less dangerous than an native 12+4 to 12+4 pin:

spacer.png

Oh ok, thought they were ugly af like the Nvidia ones, my bad ! 

Really these ones look great and should be safe  🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Probably won't see 12VHPWR equipped power supplies from Corsair until they release some ATX 3.0 standard power supplies.

~januar-march (closer to march probably) for RMx Shift refresh as per jonnyGURU. Intel's already tested them and they pass the spec:

https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/FeaturedLinks/PSU?Lang=ko-KR&countrylabel=Argentina

7 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

MSI Ai1000P has been tested to be a good unit (albeit too loud), the Ai1300P is a perfect choice as it's more silent.

So I guess the MEG Ai1300P would be the better choice?

I see a lot of these new power supplies being labelled "ATX 3.0 Ready" or "ATX 3.0 Compatible" and "PCI-E 5 Ready" - does that mean that the PSU in question isn't actually officially ATX 3.0 compliant, but does meet the requirements set by the standard?

Wouldn't it just say "ATX 3.0" on the packaging, if it was actually an ATX 3.0 power supply?

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

2 hours ago, Hasle said:

I see a lot of these new power supplies being labelled "ATX 3.0 Ready" or "ATX 3.0 Compatible" and "PCI-E 5 Ready" - does that mean that the PSU in question isn't actually officially ATX 3.0 compliant, but does meet the requirements set by the standard?

Wouldn't it just say "ATX 3.0" on the packaging, if it was actually an ATX 3.0 power supply?

Labels can be of anything. I can label a GTX 970 to be PCIe 5.0 compatible, because in theory, it will work in PCIe 5.0 slot, but it won't reach PCIe 5.0 because it only uses PCIe 3.0. So, I don't trust the label unless I look into the specification to get a clear view of what that thing is capable of (while most companies give an accurate specification, sometimes the specification might contain errors, while shady company just downright copy-paste everything and call it a day).

The word 'Ready' can be interpret as 'barely', just like HD-Ready which only support resolution of 1366 by 768 instead of full-HD 1920 by 1080. Of course, this 'ready' is also a vague term because there are no pre-defined term for it other than 'yeah, it is ready for whatever **** that you call these days'.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

10 hours ago, AlexQC said:

So I guess the MEG Ai1300P would be the better choice?

Yeah, definitely:

1. Ai1000P starts getting loud at around ~675W

2. Ai1000P (sample #2 at around ~735W) [so they seem have loosened that fan curve a bit for newest stock]

3. Ai1300P starts getting loud ~875W [and has a next jump in noise all the way at ~1000W]

Ai1300P is just way more silent, and not just >1300W, but at the lower ranges of usage, It's just a lot less risk, and a lot more room to breathe with high wattage components.

Of course it also depends what parts you'll use, and what do you plan to upgrade in the future (if u always go for mid tier, upper mid tier parts, and you keep power usage tame, the 1000W would work as well).

Spikes don't count into this, they are too short, and the fan doesn't react to them (it doesn't spin up faster). Just the base TDP/Power usage.

Outside of noise dBA measurements, then fan MSI uses is quiet and quality (enough) in other ways as well.