The Internet is Awesome...

Anthony10

I think we all really take the internet for granted. It's really amazing when you think about it though, just 50 years ago none of this internet oriented technology existed. Smartphones, tablets, laptops, watercooling, full blown gaming machines... dare I say it... VIDEO GAMES... of course not all video games, however nowadays most video games require internet.

Just the other day something I ordered off amazon arrived. It was shipped all the way from China! Someone (probably a minor being payed $0.02 an hour..., none the less though..) boxed this up on the other side of the planet, and now it's where I am.

Sorry for the stoner talk, it's after midnight so yeah. Just think this connection we created that is global and allows everyone the ability to communicate their ideas and thoughts to someone across the world is amazing, in the little time that it has been around.

its the internet duh its going to be awesome

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I think we all really take the internet for granted. It's really amazing when you think about it though, just 50 years ago none of this internet oriented technology existed. Smartphones, tablets, laptops, watercooling, full blown gaming machines... dare I say it... VIDEO GAMES... of course not all video games, however nowadays most video games require internet.

Just the other day something I ordered off amazon arrived. It was shipped all the way from China! Someone (probably a minor being payed $0.02 an hour..., none the less though..) boxed this up on the other side of the planet, and now it's where I am.

Sorry for the stoner talk, it's after midnight so yeah. Just think this connection we created that is global and allows everyone the ability to communicate their ideas and thoughts to someone across the world is amazing, in the little time that it has been around.

Yeah, man I know how it goes, it so amazing how one day your a god for building a computer (back in the gtx 280 glory days) and now it's not a big thing.. but the real question is when will me stop?

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

50 years is a really long time of you didn't know... :P

Yeah, man I know how it goes, it so amazing how one day your a god for building a computer (back in the gtx 280 glory days) and now it's not a big thing.. but the real question is when will me stop?

Why exactly would we stop? Technology + Information is just the way of the world now.

It's called Technological Advancement. It won't stop. Too many industries rely on it, such as Medical, Automotive and Pharmaceutical - among pretty much every other one you can think of.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

50 years is a really long time of you didn't know... :P

Yeah, my dad done this when the good type writers was out in the army.. so if I get stuck he got my back

Plus, now if someone asks you where you got that, you get to just say "internet"...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

To be honest the world would be a better place in many respects without the internet.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Plus, now if someone asks you where you got that, you get to just say "internet"...

aa5c03a158e086045cebf16b5f99e9ef9457b8f8 me everyday

and yet, 2 months later, i'm still fighting with my ISP why 500 ping is not ok and that they must have done something because the problem wasn't there before. <_<

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I love the internet.. Like if I could marry it i would. Lol

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

To be honest the world would be a better place in many respects without the internet.

For example?

I can think of thousands of ways it would be far worse but not really any way it would be bette.

Ugh especially the people in Korea...

Since I lived abroad with really slow internet and go to Korea over summer I hear lots "the internet's not loading in 3secs something's wrong with the internet"...

I was like..... wut??

The internet speed is crazy in Korea. Especially with the new LTE (4g) network on phones.

But without internet our daily lives will be really hard.