Age when you got your first PC

When I was 10 I played with newgrounds and stickpage alot. I wonder if people still go there....

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

FIrst started when I was around 7 playing Doom 95 on my dads PC.
Got my first PC when I was around 15 after my Xbox became obselete, didn't want a 360 anyway lol

6, my uncle game me his hand me down Macintosh SE and I was hooked, playing floppy games on that tiny 8 bit green scale screen.

Didn't have much money as a kid so we didn't have a PC until I was in 1st grade, we only had one and no one was allowed to touch it (this was around 2001) then when I was in 5th grade I used a pc for the first time (2007 or something idk) and was taken away at how amazing it was, I was over whelmed. Couldn't believe there was this thing called the internet full of cool stuff, didn't know how to use search engines though. 7th grade (2009 I think) We started using them in school, I still didn't know how to use a pc, and we had a project on different types of burns (1st degree, 2nd, 3rd) and I had a kid who brought in pics of burns after I was going crazy looking through magazines and news papers, and I was like " WOW where did you get those?" he said yahoo images so I went home and asked my mom to help me "yahoo image" burns, which she did. Didn't know how to use a search engine either so I thought every time you searched you had to type in the address you got from someone irl EXACTLY into the bar ( IE: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/214701-when-did-you-get-into-computers-age/#entry2937977) when I found out you could search in 8th grade i really started to learn like crazy, and by the end of 8th grade I built my first pc (my cousin picked the parts) without any prior knowledge, having been barely able to use a pc at the beginning of the school year. Since then I have expanded upon my knowledge, and now would consider myself pretty close to an expert as I have built many pcs now, and follow the culture closely. People like linus and my cousin are the ones that really got me interested which is prob why I never stopped watching his videos. My cousin is a big pc guy and knows everything hardware and software, he is a genius. 

-9 months :P  

Wow :P

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

When I was around 4. I cannot remember what kind of computer my grandparents had, but I do remember that it ran windows 95 and had a few games. They basically let me think it was mine. They were not very interested in computers at the time. I think my mother convinced them to buy one. (At this point they are BIG into tech and quite savvy which I think is pretty awesome).

I was always sort of into tech but it turned into something more than a passing interest about 1.5 years ago when I was 16. That summer my dad offered to buy me a new iMac and I counter offered to have him give me a ~$2000 budget on a PC. He refused and got me the mac... And so my side interest took the front seat and I decided to see how much we could have saved by buying an equivalent PC (almost $700) and showed it to him. From then on I've been playing catchup on computer knowledge, from buying my own laptop to learning how to program in DOS and Java all the way to going through the steps to start my own tech business.

So in a roundabout way I have both Apple and the computer that I currently use (the iMac he bought) to thank for getting me interested. Currently I'm saving up for a new computer.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

~6 or 7

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Oh man, this brings back some memories. 

I would have only been around 7-8 years old when a neighbor of our bought a new computer and gave us his old one. It was a Hewlett-Packard that was recently updated from DOS 6.1 to Win95. I played with that thing constantly, even teaching myself the command line and absolutely falling in love with computers.

I probably got into computering when I was about 2 years old maybe (I started from a very young age)... So maybe about 13 years ago?  :P

I loved tech since 4 years old and I loved computers but I never had money to buy my own. I'm really into computers now that I actually realize how amazing they are after I built my own now at 19 years.

About 10/11, I got to have a childhood before technology confined me to the indoor world. :)

I take it you never mixed the two? On a few occasions I wanted to play/work with a computer but be outside, so I would run an extension cable into the drive way and bring everything outside and tinker around with it...

About when I was 10, because I was playing civ & tf2 on my dad's laptop. But I couldn't play then at all on the family computer. From that moment on I ventured on a mission, which then lead to a degree and a job. Cheers HP

at age 7 i think... it was really really old win 95 pc, only thing i remember that it had 4gb drive. so after a year i broke it.. and only 3 years ago got a new one :D

When I was 4. That's when my parents got our first computer (Compaq with windows me). It was sad that It died 3 years later, I had completed Need for Speed 2 and Bejewled 2 on it. It was my uncle who got me into need for speed as he played a ton when he was in uni (also he was an extremely capable Doom LAN player as well).

My current Pc is the one I built myself that has a 5820K (my third pc btw)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I got into tech when I was 4 I was playing with computers and experimenting I remember having a brick monitor and system but I could play any game out there like Halo 1 or Diablo 2 as well NFS hot pursuit 2 so I guess it had good graphics for the time.. Yes I was 4-5 and played diablo 2 get on my level.

So I wonder what your stories are

I started playing diablo II back around when I was 6 or 7, which was 8-9 years ago.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I started playing diablo II back around when I was 6 or 7, which was 8-9 years ago.

I remember playing it but dont remember how far i got i remember going into a cave 

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

I remember playing it but dont remember how far i got i remember going into a cave 

I got all the way to baal in the first difficulty I think.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

6 or 7. That was back in 2001 I think.

Kaboom!

Another Graphics Card just exploded.

Think it was age 10, when I received my first PC 1998/1999

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC