ASUS refuses to provided information to replace dead CMS battery

CalebC

I picked up the ASUS ZenBook Duo after seeing the LTT video on it for my work laptop back in January 2021. I like the design, second screen, customization controls, and small size. 
It worked out well for about 9 months, then had a MoBo issue that could only be resolved by sending it in for repair. (one of the 16 mem chips was faulty, and would cause errors when exposed to heat for long periods of time. ie under work load for 8 hours a day).
That was replaced well enough through their warranty return. Then, not even 4 months later I had a different issue. My laptop would lose track of time if it was off for more than a day. If I tried to log into my machine, I would get an error message that said 'bad time stamp' and I would have to go into the BIOS and manually change the time. 

I went on for about 2 more months till I figured out what was going on, the CMS battery must be faulty. (how can a CMS battery go bad in less than 2 years??)
I concluded that the board the switched mine out with must of had an older CMS battery attached to it (just a guess really). 

So I tried to contact ASUS for a diagram or any sort of documentation to locate the battery to replace it. (These things are very compact boards, and layered. It could be on the reverse side of one (as ASUS as done before in the past))

After contacting online chat support, they told me my request would have to be elevated to get a response via email. 
I got an email back stating that they "do not assist with modifications/upgrades". 

Even though they were more than happy to send me to a link that had parts for upgrading the computer prior to in the other email exchanges. 

This is part venting/asking..
I have looked for several hours for any online recourses that show where the CMS battery is for a UX482E ZenBook Duo.
Any ideas where I can find something before I tear this thing apart looking for it?

Oh,
And screw ASUS...

Asus Email 2.png

ASUS email.png

I actually tore my Zenbook OLED apart for an SSD install, recall the CMOS battery was on an obvious location, but you need torq screwhead driver to open it. You can also break several plastic pieces while doing so, and re-putting together, re-screwing is kinda hard. That part, I don't like about mine.

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

id just look up a teardown video of your specific model and do that.

I have attempted this, but I haven't been able to find the model I have in a proper teardown video that shows the location. 
Several videos online show variants of the UX.... model either 47, 51 etc. All have different layouts sadly. 

Note that most laptops nowadays don't have a CMOS battery anymore, they keep time from the main battery since it's non-removable anyway.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

21 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

id just look up a teardown video of your specific model and do that.

16 minutes ago, CalebC said:

I have attempted this, but I haven't been able to find the model I have in a proper teardown video that shows the location. 
Several videos online show variants of the UX.... model either 47, 51 etc. All have different layouts sadly. 

Here is a list of what I found on just a general YouTube search. Hopefully there's something there that helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ASUS+ZenBook+Duo+teardown

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Note that most laptops nowadays don't have a CMOS battery anymore, they keep time from the main battery since it's non-removable anyway.

Or it is a small CMOS battery. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD