2 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Advanced Menu -> AMD fTPM Configuartion
TPM Device Selection: Firmware TPM

Save & Exit

I cannot belive it that was it AMD fTPM Configuartion

Now fully starts and loads windows !!! :DDD

Always nice to get a fresh set of eyes on things when I start over thinking things @Senzelian

Only thing left is to re enable XMP for your ram to run at it's rated speed. Extreme Tweaker> Ai Overclock Tuner> DOCP 1.

Also, Give it to Senzelian. They found it. 

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

AE is Legacy Boot Event. It's trying to boot.

Out of curiosity. If you go into Sata Configuration, the board is in AHCI and not RAID right?

@Senzelian @GuiltySpark_I feel like there's something stupid simple we're missing here. Ideas?

Sata Configuration yes its in AHCI  and everything dows is disabled 

PXL_20221031_191840390.jpg

14 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Out of curiosity. If you go into Sata Configuration, the board is in AHCI and not RAID right?

@Senzelian @GuiltySpark_I feel like there's something stupid simple we're missing here. Ideas?

@B4rt997My ideas are also running kind of short at least without being in front of the machine myself to tinker but I saw you tried Auto CSM. What about Enabled? What was it on by default?

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

@B4rt997My ideas are also running kind of short at least without being in front of the machine myself to tinker but I saw you tried Auto CSM but what about Enabled? What was it on by default?

Done that and same thing I playing up with the setting and still nothing 

gives a massive headache for no reason 

now I have black screen with 98 code no idea what that means but I guess nothing good and nothing that would help to get back to windows

7 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

with 98 code

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/E12601_CROSSHAIR_VI_HERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf

Page 30 of the manual.

"Console input devices connected"

11 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

What about Enabled?

Here's their extra options with enabled.

image.png.9dd30a6e989a787fa1bdd7cde1c4c904.png

1 hour ago, B4rt997 said:

about the CSM should I disable/enable and which one should I select UEFI and Legacy OPROM or one of them 

@GuiltySpark_I took this and figured it was in Auto first.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

14 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

When in bios and when I boot using the F8 When I select the drive thats windows on in frezes and nothing happens but when I select other drive it throws me back to bios 

does that help at all?

@GuiltySpark_ @IkeaGnome @Senzelian

Let's try this. CSM>Enabled. Leave the new options in their default setting except Boot From Storage Devices. Set that to "UEFI driver first"

If that doesn't let you boot into Windows, reset CMOS again. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

17 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/E12601_CROSSHAIR_VI_HERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf

Page 30 of the manual.

"Console input devices connected"

Here's their extra options with enabled.

@GuiltySpark_I took this and figured it was in Auto first.

Yeah sorry I'm half embroiled in work things at the moment so my mind isn't all there. Could just be a bad flash. Flashback it again? Unlikely but when you get down to the end of the list...

10 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Let's try this. CSM>Enabled. Leave the new options in their default setting except Boot From Storage Devices. Set that to "UEFI driver first"

If that doesn't let you boot into Windows, reset CMOS again. 

Done like you suggested nothing happened still same thing 

reseting cmos now again 

58 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I don't know.

Honestly I feel like disabling TPM and secure boot, aswell es enabling CSM should do the trick. Apparently within this ASUS UEFI it ain't all that easy to disable secure boot. There's a whole thing about it here:

https://www.technorms.com/45538/disable-enable-secure-boot-asus-motherboard-uefi-bios-utility

I've never seen anyone disable secure boot that way and I've owned multiple ASUS boards. Seems strange.

12 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I don't know.

Honestly I feel like disabling TPM and secure boot, aswell es enabling CSM should do the trick. Apparently within this ASUS UEFI it ain't all that easy to disable secure boot. There's a whole thing about it here:

https://www.technorms.com/45538/disable-enable-secure-boot-asus-motherboard-uefi-bios-utility

I've never seen anyone disable secure boot that way and I've owned multiple ASUS boards. Seems strange.

Ive tried to disable secure boost but that this not change a thing and was still showing up as enabled so cleared secure boots keys and that didnt change a thing too so back to where started restarted cmos again

17 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I don't know.

https://superuser.com/questions/1734315/how-do-i-turn-secure-boot-off-in-uefi-bios-on-an-asus-tuf-gaming-board

found out that in "secure boot state" setup means disabled and this is what I have now when deiting the PK 

28 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Honestly I feel like disabling TPM and secure boot, aswell es enabling CSM should do the trick.

The weird part about TPM is that their board has a header, but doesn't have a spot in the BIOS part of the manual that says where it's enabled. 

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124660-does-the-crosshair-vi-hero-have-tpm-2-0

Navigate to

Save & Exit

So I didn't think it would have a spot for it. That might just do the trick for OP.

I'm starting to think these "Windows 11 ready" settings forced into bios settings are more annoying than they're worth..

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Navigate to

Save & Exit

2 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

Navigate to

Save & Exit

Always nice to get a fresh set of eyes on things when I start over thinking things @Senzelian

Only thing left is to re enable XMP for your ram to run at it's rated speed. Extreme Tweaker> Ai Overclock Tuner> DOCP 1.

Also, Give it to Senzelian. They found it. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

28 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

15 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

Thank you so much for your help without you and @Senzelian 

That's more credit than I deserve. I'm glad that it works now. Good job @IkeaGnome 

*virtual IT guy high five* 😛 

47 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I'm starting to think these "Windows 11 ready" settings forced into bios settings are more annoying than they're worth..

I agree.

Edit:
Felt in a good mood. Free likes for everyone! 😄 

3 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

That's more credit than I deserve.

Nah, I was stuck in the "if it's not in the manual, it doesn't exist" thing. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?