2 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Advanced Menu -> AMD fTPM Configuartion
TPM Device Selection: Firmware TPM

Save & Exit

I cannot belive it that was it AMD fTPM Configuartion

Now fully starts and loads windows !!! :DDD

Always nice to get a fresh set of eyes on things when I start over thinking things @Senzelian

Only thing left is to re enable XMP for your ram to run at it's rated speed. Extreme Tweaker> Ai Overclock Tuner> DOCP 1.

Also, Give it to Senzelian. They found it. 

I’ve built this pc myself about 5 years ago or so everything was working fine, I guess. I didn’t have any issues but for some reason I decided it be good idea to update the BIOS last bios update was from 2018. Updated my Crosshair VI HERO to latest bios update and not I’m stuck.

It shows Qcode Ad and on the monitor, it stuck on “Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting” but nothing works here F2, DEL and F8 keys doesn’t work

This is what I am runing with

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/B4rt997/saved/#view=tTr8dC

PXL_20221031_165101584.jpg

PXL_20221031_165704429.jpg

1 minute ago, JoshCanHearYou said:

did u clear cmos?

Yes, 

What I did is on this motherboard there’s a button cmos and when shut pressed to 10secs and after that powered pc on 

didnt work

Just now, B4rt997 said:

Yes, 

What I did is on this motherboard there’s a button cmos and when shut pressed to 10secs and after that powered pc on 

didnt work

After clearing cmos it takes me back to BIOS after pressing F1 and do I have to change any settings?

1 minute ago, B4rt997 said:

After clearing cmos it takes me back to BIOS after pressing F1 and do I have to change any settings?

Uhh I'm not sure, I've never owned an asus mobo. Just normal troubleshooting steps. 

Did you have CSM enabled before? If the drive was an older install of Windows and using an MBR partition table you may need to reenable CSM to be able to boot. 

Code AD means "ready for boot event" according to the manual for this motherboard.

That suggests to me that the BIOS update was successful.

9 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

You might have to change the boot order. Have a look if it is still correct.

10 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

Yes, XMP will be disabled so you'll need to go back in a reset that. You might need to put your boot priority back to how it was and as @GuiltySpark_suggested you might have to go back into CSM or Legacy boot mode.

It looks like ASUS might also have enabled TPM and secure boot by default with their BIOS updates that are "Windows 11 ready" so you'll want to disable those too if it automatically enabled them and you weren't using them before. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

30 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Yes, XMP will be disabled so you'll need to go back in a reset that. You might need to put your boot priority back to how it was and as @GuiltySpark_suggested you might have to go back into CSM or Legacy boot mode.

It looks like ASUS might also have enabled TPM and secure boot by default with their BIOS updates that are "Windows 11 ready" so you'll want to disable those too if it automatically enabled them and you weren't using them before. 

It boosts from the ssd drive where the windows is 

about the CSM should I disable/enable and which one should I select UEFI and Legacy OPROM or one of them 

sorry I have no idea what im doing when it comes to this stuff 

I was playing with the boot settings and now I have black screen, no messages or text 

the code still stays the same Ad

7 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

I was playing with the boot settings and now I have black screen, no messages or text 

the code still stays the same Ad

Reset CMOS if you can't get into BIOS. Doing that will reset anything that just got changed.

18 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

It boosts from the ssd drive where the windows is 

about the CSM should I disable/enable and which one should I select UEFI and Legacy OPROM or one of them 

sorry I have no idea what im doing when it comes to this stuff 

What I would do is try it in Auto first. Does your boot drive show up as an option in the "Boot Option Priorities" section of the Boot part of the BIOS? 

Are you using Windows 10 or 11? That will give some hints to other settings that were probably not enabled before.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Reset CMOS if you can't get into BIOS. Doing that will reset anything that just got changed.

What I would do is try it in Auto first. Does your boot drive show up as an option in the "Boot Option Priorities" section of the Boot part of the BIOS? 

Boot Drive shows in the boot option priorities and as defult is on the boot drive

the auto in CSM dosent work thill same issue 

Just now, B4rt997 said:

Boot Drive shows in the boot option priorities and as defult is on the boot drive

the auto in CSM dosent work thill same issue 

I edited while you were replying. Are you on Windows 10 or 11? That will give some hints to other settings you might not have had enabled.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

I edited while you were replying. Are you on Windows 10 or 11? That will give some hints to other settings you might not have had enabled.

Still on Windows 10

Just now, B4rt997 said:

Still on Windows 10

In the boot menu, disable Secure Boot. In that boot menu I would try this. CSM (Auto), Boot Priority (Your drive with Windows installed on the top of the list), Secure boot (off)

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

In the boot menu, disable Secure Boot. In that boot menu I would try this. CSM (Auto), Boot Priority (Your drive with Windows installed on the top of the list), Secure boot (off)

The Secure Boot Option Is Enabled and cant disable it only can change the OS type 

Other options applied and no success  ends on black screen 

1 minute ago, B4rt997 said:

The Secure Boot Option Is Enabled and cant disable it only can change the OS type 

Other options applied and no success  ends on black screen 

Can you post a picture of what you can change for Secure Boot?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Can you post a picture of what you can change for Secure Boot?

Now there’s a 98 code after booting and after back to Ad qcode 

sure that’s what I have available 

PXL_20221031_183737042.jpg

PXL_20221031_183743884.jpg

12 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

Now there’s a 98 code after booting and after back to Ad qcode 

sure that’s what I have available 

Do you have a Windows install USB? Don't uninstall and reinstall yet, but I'm curious if it will boot into that USB drive and try to install Windows. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Do you have a Windows install USB? Don't uninstall and reinstall yet, but I'm curious if it will boot into that USB drive and try to install Windows. 

No I dont but I have a ssd drive that I can install the windows and try if off from there 

BUT (i dont want to lose everything thats on the pc)!!

2 minutes ago, B4rt997 said:

No I dont but I have a ssd drive that I can install the windows and try if off from there 

BUT (i dont want to lose everything thats on the pc)!!

If you put a Windows installer USB into the computer, but don't go through with the install, we can see if the board wants to boot but a setting is wrong for your drives or if it's just not wanting to boot right now, and not delete anything from your computer. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

If you put a Windows installer USB into the computer, but don't go through with the install, we can see if the board wants to boot but a setting is wrong for your drives or if it's just not wanting to boot right now, and not delete anything from your computer. 

installed Windows installer USB on the drive and plugged it to computer reset it and nothing happened 

I am supposed to click something?

Just now, B4rt997 said:

installed Windows installer USB on the drive and plugged it to computer reset it and nothing happened 

I am supposed to click something?

Your computer just goes back to BIOS? Or it just stays at a black screen? In bios, set the USB as the highest boot priority. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Your computer just goes back to BIOS? Or it just stays at a black screen? In bios, set the USB as the highest boot priority. 

When I boot Override from the disck there the windows is it throws be back to BIOS 

when I boot from the disk with windows it goes to AE and then back to Ad and black screen 

Just now, B4rt997 said:

When I boot Override from the disck there the windows is it throws be back to BIOS 

when I boot from the disk with windows it goes to AE and then back to Ad and black screen 

AE is Legacy Boot Event. It's trying to boot.

Out of curiosity. If you go into Sata Configuration, the board is in AHCI and not RAID right?

@Senzelian @GuiltySpark_I feel like there's something stupid simple we're missing here. Ideas?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?