Opinions on Open University and online universities in general.

Cacao

Does anyone here have experience with something like this? I was looking into what I'll be doing next year and subsequently the possibility of going to university. Turns out there aren't any entry requirements for a Computing and IT Bachelor degree at the Open University. Plus I did their 'Am I ready?' test and got everything correct. So I was thinking instead of going for a Swiss maturita or some kind of A level in a Cambridge school, I could just go ahead and get my bachelors by the time I'm 19. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

do on site, its a way better motivator.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

do on site, its a way better motivator.

That's precisely the problem, it looks like we're moving to Portugal next year and there's only 1 University in that area that has any sort of ICT courses, and they are only taught in Portuguese, not to mention the fact that you need to pass some kind of national Portuguese test to even get in, which the kids there prepare for 3 years. So really my only options would be this or lots of traveling.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

well than, online can be fine, probably, some online things dont count in some countries, so it depends on how it is there, and if work places will take that education for its worth

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race