One monitor for gaming, one for browsing?

Sonefiler

Hi, so my friend has $2000 to blow and wants one monitor to game on, and one to surf the web on at the same time. He does not want to have to minimize his full-screen games to switch keyboard+mouse controls between monitors. Is this possible?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Just alt + tab and use windowed or borderless. Some games will stay up in fullscreen even when tabbed away. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can do this, but you will have to click out of the game making it so that you can't do anything with it. Most games this means pausing it.

Okay, thanks! I'm jealous of his rig, full water cooling loop :/

I do this with three monitors. It requires Windowed mode rather than Fullscreen.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

yeah it's possible. use a second PC

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Run a vs box on the pic and hardware link a second km and mouse to it

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

Vm

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

Okay, thanks! I'm jealous of his rig, full water cooling loop :/

You're 13 right? I'm assuming your friend is the same age as you. How does he have $2k to spend....?

You're 13 right? I'm assuming your friend is the same age as you. How does he have $2k to spend....?

He's spoiled as fuck. That was 1/3 of his savings. $1500 was all my savings since I was born T_T

He's spoiled as fuck. That was 1/3 of his savings. $1500 was all my savings since I was born T_T

wow :o....

wow :o....

He could be getting a 295X2 and he's saying "nahh I'm saving for an HDTV in my room, and a mini fridge"

He could be getting a 295X2 and he's saying "nahh I'm saving for an HDTV in my room, and a mini fridge"

I just hope he's a good person. I'm well off, not that well off like your friend, but growing up I got instantly judged a lot for having nice things. They just stereotype you as a "spoiled brat". IMO, if the person is nice, humble, and uses what they've been given to be successful, then they deserve what they are given and it is not for others to judge. I could go on and on about this, but yeah, if your friend is a nice person, don't be a dick to him or make him feel spoiled like I've experienced just because he's really well off.

i use my 7850 with two monitors just like that  :D and i love it

i use my 1080p to play a game  ^_^

and i put a movie on play and watch at the same time in the 900p monitor  :ph34r:

all with one card and in one PC (yey)  :wub:

If you have a CPU with integrated graphics processor you can get 2 screens without FPS drop in game :) Like me with Intel I5-4670K.

I think there is some "Service" in With does 8 that allows you to have 3 monitors as separate Outputs, so when you ALT+Tab it doesn't give you Windows on both screens.

But best is to maximize your game to windows on Windowed mode, so you be sure nothing will happen. :)

If you have a CPU with integrated graphics processor you can get 2 screens without FPS drop in game :) Like me with Intel I5-4670K.

I think there is some "Service" in With does 8 that allows you to have 3 monitors as separate Outputs, so when you ALT+Tab it doesn't give you Windows on both screens.

But best is to maximize your game to windows on Windowed mode, so you be sure nothing will happen. :)

That's a really great idea with the integrated graphics! thanks :D