Good (AI) Picture sharpening/unblurring tool

FloRolf

Hey fellas! 

I am looking for a tool that I can use to sharpen or unblurr some pictures I took recently. 

First thing I saw was Topaz AI and it seems really good. Any other recommendations that don't involve too much work? 😄

I don't mind paying for it. 

Thanks! 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

There are multiple solutions for free or paid.

There are solutions that use the same algorithm that google uses in their pixel phones to make a sharp photo from a stack of images, or there are solutions where you have a single photo that turned out blurry, it is all that you got and so you want to get the best out of it.

If you mean the second scenario,my current recommendation would be to get Topaz photo AI on black friday sale, it includes in it the Topaz gigapixel, Denoise and sharpen, so 3 in 1, hard to beat for about 60$.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

22 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

There are multiple solutions for free or paid.

There are solutions that use the same algorithm that google uses in their pixel phones to make a sharp photo from a stack of images, or there are solutions where you have a single photo that turned out blurry, it is all that you got and so you want to get the best out of it.

If you mean the second scenario,my current recommendation would be to get Topaz photo AI on black friday sale, it includes in it the Topaz gigapixel, Denoise and sharpen, so 3 in 1, hard to beat for about 60$.

Alright, I actually have a Pixel 7 in the mail right now so I will give it a try first and see how it goes. 

Do you think going with Topaz gives me better results and/or more flexibility? 

60 bucks for all 3 sounds like robbery though, I for sure would get that. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

15 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Alright, I actually have a Pixel 7 in the mail right now so I will give it a try first and see how it goes. 

Do you think going with Topaz gives me better results and/or more flexibility? 

60 bucks for all 3 sounds like robbery though, I for sure would get that. 

Yes, topaz will allow you to use any photo or anywhere, and not only sharpen, but denoise and gigapixel too. But because topaz is an AI tool that improves a single image, it may have artifacts you wouldn't get from just using a smart stacking algorithm on multiple photos.

Topaz is also good at giving you free upgrades, for example I bought the Topaz (gigapixel,denoise,sharpen) bundle a while back, and they sent me a free licence to the Topaz Photo AI.

If you want to get Topaz for cheap I recommend keeping an eye on this site on black friday or whenever https://www.fujirumors.com/. I got it so cheap because I bought their sale, and then I used that website's code to further lower the price.

BUT ALSO Topaz has a free trial, so just try it out and if you find it impressive then buy it. You can just PM me a picture if you want to see the results, don't know if they ask for a CC on the free trial.

On 10/19/2022 at 5:48 AM, Origami Cactus said:

Topaz photo AI on black friday sale, it includes in it the Topaz gigapixel, Denoise and sharpen, so 3 in 1, hard to beat for about 60$.

Photo AI does not include the other other 3 apps, they're not the same thing. Photo AI takes those 3, strips out a bunch of functionality and AI profiles and gives you essentially a "lite"version for slightly less money. 

Photo AI has never been on sale either since it literally just came out, so I'm not sure where you're getting the $60 figure from. The Gigapixel, Denoise, and Sharpen bundle was on sale for $99 last year.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

9 hours ago, Roswell said:

Photo AI does not include the other other 3 apps, they're not the same thing. Photo AI takes those 3, strips out a bunch of functionality and AI profiles and gives you essentially a "lite"version for slightly less money. 

Photo AI has never been on sale either since it literally just came out, so I'm not sure where you're getting the $60 figure from. The Gigapixel, Denoise, and Sharpen bundle was on sale for $99 last year.

The official price of the bundle was 99 on black friday, but as I said, it was really easy to get it for 60€ with the right codes, I have bank statements to prove that lol.

And while you may describe it as a "lite" version, I really don't see a difference between the bundle and the Photo AI, they both give the same results, but Photo AI makes it much easier to apply all 3 effects at once, instead of going through each program one by one.

On 10/19/2022 at 2:58 AM, FloRolf said:

Hey fellas! 

I am looking for a tool that I can use to sharpen or unblurr some pictures I took recently. 

First thing I saw was Topaz AI and it seems really good. Any other recommendations that don't involve too much work? 😄

I don't mind paying for it. 

Thanks! 

If you want to test it out, I have Topaz AI. If you send me the photo, I can run it through and see how well it works for you

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

30 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

If you want to test it out, I have Topaz AI. If you send me the photo, I can run it through and see how well it works for you

Thanks, but I just tried the trial with Watermark and it looks brilliant. I think I'll get the full version! 🙂

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

• 1 month later...