LTT Movie Club!

Takumidesh
5 hours ago, fpo said:

I saw this version and really liked it:
image.jpeg.45212beb450eed36e495108223ac4d57.jpeg

good to know... I just googled it and it's exciting to know a few different versions exist.

The one I saw is super early 2000s haha.

This is the one I was referring to, circa 1997.
There are ghost ship movies and then there is the movie Ghost Ship.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

I watched Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull for the first time this week. As somebody who is very much an "original trilogy" person with regards to Indiana Jones and thinks The Last Crusade was a good ending for the franchise, I wasn't particularly hopeful or excited for Crystal Skull.

Overall, it wasn't terrible. I like that they made the Soviets the bad guys, it was a nice change of pace from the Nazis. Casting and acting was pretty solid. I had forgotten that Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf was in this movie, and he did a pretty good job. John Hurt was a name I wasn't expecting to see, but his performance was also stellar. Lady Galadriel playing a Ukranian was definitely an experience. As far as the franchise overall goes, I think it was the second best way to end it.

If you didn't like the ending for Last Crusade, I think Crystal Skull will probably give you more of what you're looking for.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

52 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Crystal Skull

Saw in theatres, was much better (fridge issue aside) than it had any right to be.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Saw in theatres, was much better (fridge issue aside) than it had any right to be.

It was definitely better than I was expecting it to be(fridge issue aside).

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I watched Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull for the first time this week. As somebody who is very much an "original trilogy" person with regards to Indiana Jones and thinks The Last Crusade was a good ending for the franchise, I wasn't particularly hopeful or excited for Crystal Skull.

Overall, it wasn't terrible. I like that they made the Soviets the bad guys, it was a nice change of pace from the Nazis. Casting and acting was pretty solid. I had forgotten that Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf was in this movie, and he did a pretty good job. John Hurt was a name I wasn't expecting to see, but his performance was also stellar. Lady Galadriel playing a Ukranian was definitely an experience. As far as the franchise overall goes, I think it was the second best way to end it.

If you didn't like the ending for Last Crusade, I think Crystal Skull will probably give you more of what you're looking for.

It's not an objectively bad movie. 

Perhaps compared to the other Indiana Jones movies it's not as good. 

17 minutes ago, fpo said:

It's not an objectively bad movie. 

Perhaps compared to the other Indiana Jones movies it's not as good.

Yeah, pretty much.

I have exactly no good hopes about the fifth one they're making. It feels unnecessary and just...stupid.

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, pretty much.

I have exactly no good hopes about the fifth one they're making. It feels unnecessary and just...stupid.

They are? 

What is this, Rambo? 

21 minutes ago, fpo said:

They are? 

What is this, Rambo? 

Yup, this time featuring The Nuclear Option! The choice every studio goes for when they run out of ideas for a franchise:

time travel

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yup, this time featuring The Nuclear Option! The choice every studio goes for when they run out of ideas for a franchise:

time travel

You have to be messing with me...

Literally no...

At least they didn't pull a velma and make no sense to anyone. 

9 hours ago, fpo said:

At least they didn't pull a velma and make no sense to anyone. 

...yet

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

...yet

image.thumb.png.aa8ef9ecc8d0fa584b920e7324205371.png

@fpo

I'm surprised Harrison Ford agreed to this, but then again...money talks.

I'm reminded of the discussion on Jaws...4 I think. A terrible film by all accounts and someone asked Michael Caine why he starred in it. He response was (and I"m going from memory here) "Because it paid for a very lovely house."

I can't argue with that

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

@fpo

I'm surprised Harrison Ford agreed to this, but then again...money talks.

I'm reminded of the discussion on Jaws...4 I think. A terrible film by all accounts and someone asked Michael Caine why he starred in it. He response was (and I"m going from memory here) "Because it paid for a very lovely house."

I can't argue with that

Lol idk why Harrison hates acting when he's ... Idk, he's kinda a han solo in the beginning of blade runner, but yeah.

He's in so many movies but for some reason just hates either acting or public appearances. 

Maybe he's just annoyed by the fans or putting on a show. 

21 hours ago, fpo said:

You have to be messing with me...

I wish I wasn't fpo, I really wish I wasn't...

41 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I wish I wasn't fpo, I really wish I wasn't...

There are so many things in this trailer that make me angry xD

32 minutes ago, fpo said:

Welcome to modern hollywood, it pisses me off too.

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Welcome to modern hollywood, it pisses me off too.

I've been here. One reason it bothers me so much lol. 

1 hour ago, fpo said:

I more or less agree with The Critical Drinker with regards to Indy 5.

8 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I more or less agree with The Critical Drinker with regards to Indy 5.

The only reason I don't like watching critical drinker is because it all boils down to

"This is garbage."

"It's made for the 'modern audience' *reverb noises*"

"These casting choices are terrible"

Anytime a movie comes out I'm like "yup, this will suck." Then I see a critical drinker recommendation and I'm like "yup... I was right." 

Don't even need to click which... It's disappointing to me. 

How do I convince Hollywood to give my 200,000$ to make a movie?

It'll be cheap, it'll not suck & it will make money. 

4 hours ago, fpo said:

The only reason I don't like watching critical drinker is because it all boils down to

"This is garbage."

"It's made for the 'modern audience' *reverb noises*"

"These casting choices are terrible"

Anytime a movie comes out I'm like "yup, this will suck." Then I see a critical drinker recommendation and I'm like "yup... I was right." 

Don't even need to click which... It's disappointing to me. 

How do I convince Hollywood to give my 200,000$ to make a movie?

It'll be cheap, it'll not suck & it will make money. 

I will absolutely grant you he's an atavistic throwback to the 80s and rather chauvinistic, but more often than not he's right about the casting choices. Take a look, for example, at the latest Predator flick. Set within the time of the Native Peoples of the US. That's cool, something different...

Now make the lead a female...

Okay, different, but okay...

Make her a warrior...

Ya blew it Hollywood. Look up the history of the People you have as your central theme. Women didn't go on hunts and raids, oh and they lived in the plains...no mountains around.

...details matter.

Glass Onion is good. First movie of the series was perhpas better, but marginally. Enjoyed both, don't watch movies often anymore.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

Glass Onion is good.

Do I need to see the other films in the series to understand this one?

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

I will absolutely grant you he's an atavistic throwback to the 80s and rather chauvinistic, but more often than not he's right about the casting choices. Take a look, for example, at the latest Predator flick. Set within the time of the Native Peoples of the US. That's cool, something different...

Now make the lead a female...

Okay, different, but okay...

Make her a warrior...

Ya blew it Hollywood. Look up the history of the People you have as your central theme. Women didn't go on hunts and raids, oh and they lived in the plains...no mountains around.

...details matter.

Yeah, he's right.

But... How many movies decide frivolous things that in the end add up to be a waste of time?
Like almost every one of his videos for the past 3~ months have been
"This is garbage because modern audience, etc"
Unfortunately like 90%.
Rings of power, willow, indiana,

I think he liked Andor and All Quiet on the Western Front and that's it.

Too much rubbish to sift through.
He can make a youtube shorts channel and be like

"Indiana jones.

It will be shit.

*Takes shot and slam glass on table*
NEXT!"

Maybe that can be my youtube channel lol.
Just watch a trailer, cut the red flag snippets, and call what movies will suck xD

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Do I need to see the other films in the series to understand this one?

No, only one actor is the main character in both. There's only 2 movies in the series at this point.

"There's a Knives Out 3 in the Works" google tells...

I edit my posts more often than not

18 minutes ago, fpo said:

Yeah, he's right.

But... How many movies decide frivolous things that in the end add up to be a waste of time?

Quite a few for sure, but well-made movies don't do it nearly as much. Lord of The Rings, Predator 1, Alien, original Indiana Jones trilogy, original Star Wars trilogy, Top Gun(1 and 2), Back To The Future 1, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, etc etc.

Good movies are just...better. lol

20 minutes ago, fpo said:

Like almost every one of his videos for the past 3~ months have been
"This is garbage because modern audience, etc"
Unfortunately like 90%.
Rings of power, willow, indiana,

I think it's more garbage because of the creative decisions made by the people writing and producing said content. There are some things made recently(and not so recently) that are pretty good, and he acknowledges them. The Drinker Recommends is a good series if you want to hear absolutely everything he praises enough to recommend it.

Andor he seemed to like for sure, along with M3GAN. Could also include House of The Dragon, The Terminal List, and Prey. All Quiet on The Western Front is on The Drinker Recommends.

There is definitely an argument that "he's too negative", but I'm not willing to put that all on him. If there are things that make movies bad, they should be talked about and hopefully fixed. If there are things that make movies good, they should be praised. Is the amount of negative things he says about modern movies and TV shows because he is negative himself, or because the things that make movies/TV shows bad so prevalent in our current society?

Those are just my two cents though. People seem to either like or dislike The Drinker. Personally, I've found myself thinking a good amount of what he says even before I hear him say it. /shrug