How come LTT build videos never have AMD GPU's in them?

Action_Johnson
3 hours ago, Helpful Tech Witch said:

Ok I dont get it
You are either just stupid or really want to win this argument for no reason

Or just calling out your BS and illogical reasoning. 

10 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

but not so much for home builders

Gonna need source on that, otherwise you just seem delusional, most people buy those mid-range GPUs, not the high-end ones.

11 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

They can’t really solve it?

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/1696046342855998716/

12 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

I haven’t seen many people return AMD cards for that reason either?

Good on you, I guess, but I did see that, even in this forum 🤷‍♂️

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

1 minute ago, igormp said:

Gonna need source on that, otherwise you just seem delusional, most people buy those mid-range GPUs, not the high-end ones.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/1696046342855998716/

Good on you, I guess, but I did see that, even in this forum 🤷‍♂️

The 1060 isn’t a mid tier GPU anymore, it was at launch but it’s more than 6 years old now. It’s a low end card now, the 1650 was never mid range. Mid range now would be like a 1080 at a push. You can get 1080Tis used for 200-250. People bought them as a mid range card years ago but they’ve all pretty much been upgraded now. There’ll still be some with a 1060 but the vast majority in the HW survey will be in internet cafes. Bear in mind the 580 wasn’t that far off the 1060 when both cards were still being made and has fallen off massively since even though it has aged better, it wasn’t as popular in said cafes though which haven’t upgraded hardware. 

Forums =/= the world. Personally with GPUs I’ve used for mine and others I’ve had less issues with AMD than Nvidia. 

1 minute ago, Imbadatnames said:

People bought them as a mid range card years ago but they’ve all pretty much been upgraded now.

Again, can you provide a source on that?

6 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

The 1060 isn’t a mid tier GPU anymore, it was at launch but it’s more than 6 years old now

Yeah, and the x60 GPUs that came after it were way more expensive, so that's maybe why people didn't upgrade.

6 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

There’ll still be some with a 1060 but the vast majority in the HW survey will be in internet cafes.

You keep spouting that with no source whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

Bear in mind the 580 wasn’t that far off the 1060 when both cards were still being made and has fallen off massively since even though it has aged better, it wasn’t as popular in said cafes though which haven’t upgraded hardware. 

The 1060 was actually a 480 competitor (which I had 2 of), the 580 was just a 480 refresh with higher clocks that came later.

8 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

Forums =/= the world. Personally with GPUs I’ve used for mine and others I’ve had less issues with AMD than Nvidia. 

And my personal experience tells otherwise, not only mine but also from people around me, but that's just anecdotal evidence and is as worth as a pile of turd.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

2 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Or just calling out your BS and illogical reasoning. 

No im pretty logical in my reasoning. Consistently, Nvidia videos get them more views, so they do that. You are bringing up one video thats an outlier, and using it to make a argument that ehy should make firetruck videos. Thats the logical issue right there.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 10/17/2022 at 1:38 PM, Just that Mario said:

I want to argue it isn't. Whilst it might be better FPS per dollar at certain titles and benchmarks, overall AMD cards as whole feature, software and user experience are awful.

This is the reason I've gone with Nvidia, and why I will likely go with Intel going forward for non-workstation builds.

I love my 1700X and 3950X, but after having countless game performance issues and seeing the Intel systems of my friends run better and smoother, I don't think I'll ever use AMD for a non-workstation build again. With Nvidia and Intel in my experience, 99% of the time it just works and works well.

If someone enjoys their AMD GPUs and CPUs, more power to them. And I'd love to go Threadripper + Nvidia for a workstation for Blender, but I can't otherwise.

15 hours ago, igormp said:

Again, can you provide a source on that?

Commom sense dude? Again using the RX580 as a reference cards of similar performance have all decreases whereas the 1060 hasn’t to the same extent. 

Yeah, and the x60 GPUs that came after it were way more expensive, so that's maybe why people didn't upgrade.

You keep spouting that with no source whatsoever.

The 2060 came at the same MSRP and the 3060 MSRP was only $30 higher. So $30 is way more expensive?

The 1060 was actually a 480 competitor (which I had 2 of), the 580 was just a 480 refresh with higher clocks that came later.

The 580 was in production for a lot longer, the 480 was only really out for a year~ and was essentially the same card 

And my personal experience tells otherwise, not only mine but also from people around me, but that's just anecdotal evidence and is as worth as a pile of turd.

You don’t seem to have the ability to extrapolate. 

13 hours ago, Helpful Tech Witch said:

No im pretty logical in my reasoning. Consistently, Nvidia videos get them more views, so they do that. You are bringing up one video thats an outlier, and using it to make an argument that ehy should make firetruck videos. Thats the logical issue right there.

You’re really not. You’ve even argued against your own logic. You’re bringing up shit that doesn’t really matter and scenarios which don’t make sense.

The last AMD GPU I bought was a V56. I still feel a bit ripped off. I voted with my wallet. I think as a media company using highly recognized components that just work is probably worth it but I can't really speak to their reasoning.

7950x-Aerolus x670 Elite Ax 64gb ddr5 5800 OC crap ram 2x 980 pro 2tb Zotac Tinity OC etc 3080 ti LG Ultragear 48gq900 138hz Gaming oled