Found an ancient laptop. Screen is broken :(

ManOfDisguise

Whyyyy :(. It would be sooo cool if it would be functional :(

http://gyazo.com/b78b5d1f37baa1eef8f061b210243576

http://gyazo.com/3c0574549bb96d069c89fe084c6f8c0a

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I mean, it is probably replaceable... Even if the screen isn't, are there any display outputs that you could use to hook it up to an auxiliary monitor? 

//ccap

Have you checked for a brand name to see if its worth it

it may be a old bad laptop

Have you checked for a brand name to see if its worth it

it may be a old bad laptop

Its the Acer TravelMate 290E. 

Specs:

Intel Celeron M 1.3GHz

Intel 852GM chipset

15.0" XGA TFT LCD

40GB Ultra ATA/100 HDD

DVD/CD-RW combo drive

256MB DDR SDRAM

I also somehow managed to get to the desktop but I cant see like two thirds of it:P. Hmm what I find interesting is that there is this one button on the keyboard (F5) where ifr you press Fn and the button (F5) it should switcxh between LCD/CRT. Cuz it has CRT/LCD writte on on F5 so i tried Fn+F5 and the screen flasehd and maybe it did change from one to the other. Interesting never saw anything like it hmmm.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Its the Acer TravelMate 290E. 

Specs:

Intel Celeron M 1.3GHz

Intel 852GM chipset

15.0" XGA TFT LCD

40GB Ultra ATA/100 HDD

DVD/CD-RW combo drive

256MB DDR SDRAM

I also somehow managed to get to the desktop but I cant see like two thirds of it:P. Hmm what I find interesting is that there is this one button on the keyboard (F5) where ifr you press Fn and the button (F5) it should switcxh between LCD/CRT. Cuz it has CRT/LCD writte on on F5 so i tried Fn+F5 and the screen flasehd and maybe it did change from one to the other. Interesting never saw anything like it hmmm.

That is old dam.. I thought a t61 was old.. I'll keep it.. to me computer parts are trophys and I respect them for the work they did for me... so I save them in the boxes and such.. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

That is old dam.. I thought a t61 was old.. I'll keep it.. to me computer parts are trophys and I respect them for the work they did for me... so I save them in the boxes and such.. 

hm indeed as i right clicked in the desktop and there was the graphics option and when i went to output it showed an option Intel® Dual Display Cl-something(or whatever the last word was i couldnt read it as that part of the screen was destroyed). Hm quite interesting i never thought dual CRT/LCD displays existed

Specs of my PC:

hm indeed as i right clicked in the desktop and there was the graphics option and when i went to output it showed an option Intel® Dual Display Cl-something(or whatever the last word was i couldnt read it as that part of the screen was destroyed). Hm quite interesting i never thought dual CRT/LCD displays existed

LOL

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

wow im so sad the display is broken i wana cry :(

Specs of my PC:

Old laptops are the worse... Some old lady wanted me to fix her install of windows XP, on an ancient DELL laptop... if I can even call it that considering how massive it was, it had a floppy disk for crying out loud...

The one you have seems a bit newer than that, but still relatively old, if you have no use for it, you should bring it to a recycling center, since it has near zero resell value in today's market anyway. That is, unless you plan to just keep it as a collection part.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Old laptops are the worse... Some old lady wanted me to fix her install of windows XP, on an ancient DELL laptop... if I can even call it that considering how massive it was, it had a floppy disk for crying out loud...

The one you have seems a bit newer than that, but still relatively old, if you have no use for it, you should bring it to a recycling center, since it has near zero resell value in today's market anyway. That is, unless you plan to just keep it as a collection part.

damn i would wana fix the screen and actually use it wow im so angry and sad at the same time. or maybe i should take a look inside. however i f*ckedup one laptop like that already but now it wouldnt matter as this one is already broken anyway. 

Specs of my PC:

Still better than my craptop.Oh wait,it's worse.Acer craptop age!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Still better than my craptop.Oh wait,it's worse.Acer craptop age!

So I assume there is no way to fix the screen? :(

Specs of my PC:

So I assume there is no way to fix the screen? :(

I don't know.I have 6 missing keycaps on my craptop's keyboard,so I went to someone to replace it all.He said he had to replace the entire body,and that would cost $100,which was more than what I could sell the entire laptop for!So...I don't think it's even worth it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.