Good quality and affordable smartwatch, mainly for fitness tracking.

Go to solution Solved by Commodus,
1 hour ago, DudeYuo said:

I've been tracking my fitness lately using the Samsung health app and I am trying to find a relatively inexpensive, hopefully less than $150ish, smartwatch to help me track my workouts without having to keep my phone on me. Any advice??

How about Samsung's Galaxy Watch 4? Realistically you're looking at $180 to $200 depending on case size, but it'll integrate with the Samsung Health app and is a generally solid smartwatch beyond that.

I've been tracking my fitness lately using the Samsung health app and I am trying to find a relatively inexpensive, hopefully less than $150ish, smartwatch to help me track my workouts without having to keep my phone on me. Any advice??

1 minute ago, DudeYuo said:

If you want GPS tracking, I hear good things about the Garmin Forerunner series. I think they are available in a range of prices.

1 hour ago, DudeYuo said:

How about Samsung's Galaxy Watch 4? Realistically you're looking at $180 to $200 depending on case size, but it'll integrate with the Samsung Health app and is a generally solid smartwatch beyond that.

2 hours ago, maartendc said:

If you want GPS tracking, I hear good things about the Garmin Forerunner series. I think they are available in a range of prices.

I've seen both good and bad things about them but I'll definitely consider it.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

I had looked at it and I was debating between the Galaxy Watch 3 and 4 because I wasn't entirely sure about the differences between them.

8 minutes ago, DudeYuo said:

I had looked at it and I was debating between the Galaxy Watch 3 and 4 because I wasn't entirely sure about the differences between them.

The most important difference is the platform. The Watch 3 is using Samsung's old semi-proprietary OS (Tizen). The Watch 4 is using Google's Wear OS. That gives it a much larger app selection, tighter integration with the Android ecosystem and, hopefully, more updates. I wouldn't even consider the Watch 3 — it was the end of an era where the Watch 4 was the start of a new one.

18 minutes ago, Commodus said:

The most important difference is the platform. The Watch 3 is using Samsung's old semi-proprietary OS (Tizen). The Watch 4 is using Google's Wear OS. That gives it a much larger app selection, tighter integration with the Android ecosystem and, hopefully, more updates. I wouldn't even consider the Watch 3 — it was the end of an era where the Watch 4 was the start of a new one.

Thank you for your help!