Pressing the "a" key turns on Caps lock

Foxy306

I own a mechanical keyboard, the Dareu A87 Swallow Cherry MX Brown keys which I bought on September 2021.
Yesterday night I spilled a bottle of water on it. I instantly pulled the plug off my keyboard and shaked it to let the excess water out (I took off the keycaps and rubbed the water off and cleaned it also), then I left it on my table for the excess water to dry out. Today as of writing this the keyboard is malfunctioning most of the keys work except the "a" and windows key. Pressing the a key does 2 things it turns on caps lock and inputs "a" and he windows key doesn't function.
Do I need to go to the IT store and fix it (warranty ended last month sadly) or I can try something at home?

5 minutes ago, Foxy306 said:

I own a mechanical keyboard, the Dareu A87 Swallow Cherry MX Brown keys which I bought on September 2021.
Yesterday night I spilled a bottle of water on it. I instantly pulled the plug off my keyboard and shaked it to let the excess water out (I took off the keycaps and rubbed the water off and cleaned it also), then I left it on my table for the excess water to dry out. Today as of writing this the keyboard is malfunctioning most of the keys work except the "a" and windows key. Pressing the a key does 2 things it turns on caps lock and inputs "a" and he windows key doesn't function.
Do I need to go to the IT store and fix it (warranty ended last month sadly) or I can try something at home?

You didn't wait long enough.

You didn't disassemble it to remove all water.

You can try to take it apart but the damage might already be done.

10 minutes ago, Foxy306 said:

Sounds like classic water damage affecting the underlying circuitry of the keyboard. For the record, 24 hours is hardly enough time for anything complex to dry out, let alone electronics. Like what @TrigrHsaid, I'd disassemble the keyboard as much as possible, then place it atop a shallow bed of dry rice inside a plastic tub or other suitable container. You can cover the tub, but don't fully close or seal it as this can result in condensation. Wait at least 72 hours, if not 1 week, then re-test.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Buy some isopropyl alcohol , disassemble the keyboard and wipe everything with a paper towel wet with isopropyl alcohol. 

There may still be some drops of water or something that shorts two traces, causing electricity to go through traces for CAPS when you press A  (or the other way around)

23 minutes ago, kirashi said:

then place it atop a shallow bed of dry rice inside a plastic tub or other suitable container.

Dont do this, it has been proven to do nothing that air drying or some paper cant do, and at the cost of introducing dirt(pieces of rice) into electronics.

Some lint free paper towel or something will do the job better, or use a hear dryer to speed up the process

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

35 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

Dont do this, it has been proven to do nothing that air drying or some paper cant do, and at the cost of introducing dirt(pieces of rice) into electronics.

Some lint free paper towel or something will do the job better, or use a hear dryer to speed up the process

In a mostly sealed system, over time rice or other more effective dessicants can aid in humidity removal from the evaporation of the water, but I'd only recommend that if it's literally dripping or in a super humid environment. Stuck a waterlogged phone in a bag of rice overnight and while it did aid in moisture removal, the starch made the majority of it sticky. Mind you, that was 2017 with an old windows phone that was very easy to disassemble into many pieces.  

I WOULD recommend a hair dryer on medium heat and patience.