Alphabet's Wing delivery drone takes out suburbs power grid, 2358 electricity customers lose power.

Dirtyshado
14 hours ago, Senzelian said:

There is a skill to focusing on something and there is also a skill to avoiding situations that might put you in a bad situation,

Just to add to this,  one of those skills many delivery drivers learn is to not drink and not speed, which are two of the biggest causes of accidents (I believe combined they make up more than half of all accidents but I'll have to check).  Which means we can't really look at the road statistics and use it as fair observation of people who drive for a living because those people make up a very small portion of the overall statistics.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Just to add to this,  one of those skills many delivery drivers learn is to not drink and not speed, which are two of the biggest causes of accidents (I believe combined they make up more than half of all accidents but I'll have to check).  Which means we can't really look at the road statistics and use it as fair observation of people who drive for a living because those people make up a very small portion of the overall statistics.

Kinda like how gun deaths are conflated with suicide by firearm, giving the false impression that gun violence is much higher than it actually is?

9 hours ago, IPD said:

Kinda like how gun deaths are conflated with suicide by firearm, giving the false impression that gun violence is much higher than it actually is?

For the US, no. Don't know about outside the US, but probably.

21 hours ago, IPD said:

Maybe,  I have some pretty strong opinions on the whole gun thing which are very unpopular to both sides of the debate.   One time I even had a very heated debate with a member (who is now banned), They were so adamant I was wrong they failed to recognize that my argument wasn't necessarily against guns, but against the poor use of statistics in defending/attacking them. Ironically his argument was to dismiss the statistics that actually underpinned his position on statistics.  Take home message, actually read and understand the supporting documents and attack the argument not the person.   Because if you don't the only thing you will do is further strengthen your opponents belief they are right.    

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Lol why was is flying so low?>  Thought they flew at a minimum distance then when it found its target it descends. 

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

13 hours ago, mr moose said:

Maybe,  I have some pretty strong opinions on the whole gun thing which are very unpopular to both sides of the debate.   One time I even had a very heated debate with a member (who is now banned), They were so adamant I was wrong they failed to recognize that my argument wasn't necessarily against guns, but against the poor use of statistics in defending/attacking them. Ironically his argument was to dismiss the statistics that actually underpinned his position on statistics.  Take home message, actually read and understand the supporting documents and attack the argument not the person.   Because if you don't the only thing you will do is further strengthen your opponents belief they are right.    

This, you have to understand the statistics your using and how to interpret them or you can draw really messed up conclusions from them. I've actually done a bit of digging on US firearms statistics in homicides vs european countries a few years back (hence my earlier comment on this), but a lot of people go in with all preconceived notions, (we all do it to some degree), and that can cause so many issues as people stop looking at what the statistics are actually saying and focus on finding data points that support their position whilst ignoring the rest.