How does one get friends?

I mean how? Everyone seems to stay away from me, or completely ignore that I even exist in the first place. Or do I have my expectations to classify people as "friends" too high? I have a lot of people that I know positively, but at it's highest I only classify some people as school friends, but not "real friends". I've seen though that my "friend rank" is equivalent to other teenagers' "rank" "best friend", but those people are social with almost anybody...

Am I too useless for other people to take advantage of me? Am I too anti-social? Shyness maybe? Or just too stupid for others to be accepted?

This is mostly about my spare time spent in high school. Sure, I can talk so (SOME) people without too many issues, but only like from just few seconds to few minutes. But most of the time I feel lonely.  Though I'm used to loneliness, but that's because I have to be left alone for no reason.

Sorry about my small exhausting to the forums, but... No other place to express this.

I need some friends...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Schools do that sometimes, don't worry about it.   :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Let's start with what you'd classify a friend. What aspects make you consider a person as a friend?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Let's start with what you'd classify a friend. What aspects make you consider a person as a friend?

someone who hasnt banned me on a forum yet

:P

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I'm assuming your a bit of a tech fan (mainly because this IS linus tech tips) so maybe go to some tech conventions if school isn't working for ya.

| AMD FX8320 - 3.9Ghz |MSI R9 270x OC | 16GB 1866mhz DDR3 | 990FX Extreme 9| 650w 80+ Gold | 8.1 Pro | 128GB Samsung SSD | WD Blue 1tB HDD |

How are you as a person? Both inside and outside. If you're the "stereotype gamer" who doesn't care about his looks and hygiene, it will definitely scare people away. I'm not the one judging nor do i mean to be offensive in any way. Just making a point. If that is not the case, maybe you should seek the social life a bit more? Find a hobby and go meet some people. Don't have too high expectations when finding new friends. It's very unlikely that the first people you start chatting with will be your best friend(s). It takes time. :)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Friends come and go.

The ones you may consider good friends now May not be later on.

People change , circumstances change, lifestyles change.

Concentrate on your studies so u can be the employer of those treated you bad in your youth.

I have no friends either :P  I classify someone as a 'friend' who will be there for me in tough situations and laughs and my horrible jokes :D

I mean how? Everyone seems to stay away from me, or completely ignore that I even exist in the first place. Or do I have my expectations to classify people as "friends" too high? I have a lot of people that I know positively, but at it's highest I only classify some people as school friends, but not "real friends". I've seen though that my "friend rank" is equivalent to other teenagers' "rank" "best friend", but those people are social with almost anybody...

Am I too useless for other people to take advantage of me? Am I too anti-social? Shyness maybe? Or just too stupid for others to be accepted?

why do u think like that...u dont need their acceptance...r they worth getting ur acceptance as a friend...??

first find people which have similar interests as u do...that will be a start...and u dont need to try so hard...one can make friends easily.. :)

I'm assuming your a bit of a tech fan (mainly because this IS linus tech tips) so maybe go to some tech conventions if school isn't working for ya.

dude, my mom is like super popular.  She tried to search the whole internet for a group for me (facepalm) she found this computer group full of old people :'(

IMO a friend is a person who can be relied on, and contacted at (almost) any time, shares a few things in common, doesn't act like an asshole, communicates with friends often... Is that too much today?

Easy. 3x 780 Ti in SLI.

I'm not rich, even though I have a 590...

Too expensive. Students' budgets aren't high, obviously. And definitely not my budget...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

How are you as a person? Both inside and outside. If you're the "stereotype gamer" who doesn't care about his looks and hygiene, it will definitely scare people away. I'm not the one judging nor do i mean to be offensive in any way. Just making a point. If that is not the case, maybe you should seek the social life a bit more? Find a hobby and go meet some people. Don't have too high expectations when finding new friends. It's very unlikely that the first people you start chatting with will be your best friend(s). It takes time. :)

i agree with this guy smelly people such. Plus meeting people online is a no-no.

| AMD FX8320 - 3.9Ghz |MSI R9 270x OC | 16GB 1866mhz DDR3 | 990FX Extreme 9| 650w 80+ Gold | 8.1 Pro | 128GB Samsung SSD | WD Blue 1tB HDD |

IMO a friend is a person who can be relied on, and contacted at (almost) any time, shares a few things in common, doesn't act like an asshole, communicates with friends often... Is that too much today?

A little too much depending on the person--not exactly a modern day thing. 

Which of the criteria are you having the hardest time fulfilling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Lately I've cared more and more about my looks, and in case you've not yet seen my face, I'm fugly as hell. And interestingly I've been gaming less and less. Been trying to get more into photography, but sadly photography is treated like it's against the law. I mean: I tell people I never publish any photos with people in them, unless I get a permission from them. The thing is: no-one trusts me, and even if I'm taking photos of no-one, but about the environment, people just say that "Put that camera away. You're not allowed to shoot here", even if that was in a public place (like on the streets while on a walkway. Perfectly public).

I've tried to get more friends by trying to be more social, but most ignore me like I wasn't there at all.

IMO a friend is a person who can be relied on, and contacted at (almost) any time, shares a few things in common, doesn't act like an asshole, communicates with friends often... Is that too much today?

A little too much depending on the person--not exactly a modern day thing. 

Which of the criteria are you having the hardest time fulfilling?

Everything else except bolded out parts.

Lately I've cared more and more about my looks, and in case you've not yet seen my face, I'm fugly as hell. And interestingly I've been gaming less and less. Been trying to get more into photography, but sadly photography is treated like it's against the law. I mean: I tell people I never publish any photos with people in them, unless I get a permission from them. The thing is: no-one trusts me, and even if I'm taking photos of no-one, but about the environment, people just say that "Put that camera away. You're not allowed to shoot here", even if that was in a public place (like on the streets while on a walkway. Perfectly public).

I've tried to get more friends by trying to be more social, but most ignore me like I wasn't there at all.

Everything else except bolded out parts.

Well i didn't know there were so many assholes out there. Maybe play a sport ( i know thats a bit out there ), hang out with your semi-friends, since they may have a lot of other friends you may connect through them. Don't try and play competitive thats where lots of assholes are ;).

Well i didn't know there were so many assholes out there. Maybe play a sport ( i know thats a bit out there ), hang out with your semi-friends, since they may have a lot of other friends you may connect through them. Don't try and play competitive thats where lots of assholes are ;).

No chance to have sports as hobby around here. Either too costly, too much bullies around (I've been bullied since preschool, mind you), or too far away.

One other hobby I've been thinking of, parkour. I'm not fit enough, gyms have those said assholes all the time, and this municipality is more suited for marathoners. Either way, those hobbies are not very social, except if one wants to have a conversation with police officers...

About "semi-friends"... Not even them accept me to their groups.

seems like you've been unlucky with the people around you. I think you need to keep seeking other people despite the letdowns you've had. This might mean that you have to leave your comfort zone, which is not very pleasant, but is essential if you want to meet new people.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

“A good friend will help you move, but a true friend will help you move a body.”

Steven J. Daniels, Weeds in The Garden of Love

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Most of my friends I have known from first grade so 20 years or so I have picked up a few along the way from different schools after that but I still mainly hang out with people i have know since first grade.

So my suggestion is after you work on learning the alphabet and go out for recess just hang out with some of the people from your class and play on the swings... hmm this may not be so effective in your age group. 

Anyways life isn't myspace or facebook the number of friends you have doesn't really mean as much as the type of friends you have. Just find a club or a group of people that seem like they would be interested in the same things you are and get to know some people. Disregard people that are assholes and move on to the next people,