Is this build worth it plz help

Bird_V2

Is this a PC you are looking at building or are these the specs of a prebuilt system you are considering buying?

What is your overall budget?

What are your goals (IE what do you want to do with the PC)?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I plan to build this my budget is around 800 ish dollars and I would like to play star wars squadrons, halo infinite, forza horizon 5, and like Minecraft vr. Thanks

This should be a way better build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RFGVC6

Amd is the better choice here with their cpu price cuts, now making it a great value pick 

Cheap cooler to help with temps 

Decent cheap board 

16gb of 3600 ram

1tb storage

6600 which is going to be way better than a 6500xt

Better case and a 650 watt psu. It's only platinum because it's cheaper than most other 650 watt psus

thank you for the recommendation but i was hoping to go intel and preferably nvidia but im just trying to stay in budget 😞 

12 minutes ago, Bird_V2 said:

thank you for the recommendation but i was hoping to go intel and preferably nvidia but im just trying to stay in budget 😞 

Any reason for that? The closest new nvidia gpu to your budget is the 3050 and loses easily to the 6600 in gaming performance. The 5600 also isn't too far off the 12400f in perfromance, at least not enough to rule it out

57 minutes ago, Bird_V2 said:

@Ryuikko's suggestion is a far far superior build. Ryzen 5 5600 is a significant step up from the i3-12100F and the RX 6600 murders the RX 6500 XT. Only half decent gpus $250 and below from Nvidia you can get new are the GTX 1660 Super (~$210) and the RTX 2060 (~$230). If you have to go Nvidia the 2060 is by far the best card you can buy new for less than the 3060 (~$370, a horrifically bad price for the card). Both the 1660 Super and 2060 are significantly weaker than the RX 6600 though.

EDIT: I should add it's a better build if and only if that board supports updating the BIOS without a cpu in it. I know a lot of Asus boards support doing that. Not sure how universal it is on Gigabyte boards though.

41 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Any reason for that? The closest new nvidia gpu to your budget is the 3050 and loses easily to the 6600 in gaming performance. The 5600 also isn't too far off the 12400f in perfromance, at least not enough to rule it out

Hell the RTX 3050 loses soundly to the $50 cheaper RTX 2060. Who the hell is stupid enough to be buying RTX 3050 at these prices? 🤣  Though even at the $250 MSRP the RTX 3050 would still be a horrible buy vs the RTX 2060 priced at $250.

18 minutes ago, Bird_V2 said:

is this good im also try to go amazon for Christmas thank you so much for the help is this good https://pcpartpicker.com/list/G97yyK  

No. No reason to spend $190 on a board for an i3. In that budget you could fit in either a Ryzen 5 5600 or an i5-12400F, either of which is a big upgrade over the i3-12100F, with a cheaper board.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fvGVC6

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Quite an emphasis on used here

Good used b3/450 x3/470 go sub 60$ like b450 pro4 which will be far better than a lowend garbage b550 board like b550m hdv

Theres alot of <350$ rx 6700 xt floating around on ebay so look at snagging one of those

Cases are unimportant and only serve the purpose of housing and protecting the components, dont spend >20$ on a case, if you get a decent office case like linus did in his 500$ gaming pc vid take off the sidepanel for temp reasons, if you get an older case but decent airflow then thatd be ideal

FAR FAR better performance than a new build for the same price