Acronis using ltt clip in advertising.

GrandFatMan

Not sure if it's from a sponsored video or not, but either way, I know LMG have had issues with previous sponsors using clips in unauthorised ways. Anyway, acronis are using a clip on reddit at least. 

Screenshot_20220920_011812_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg

They've done a few sponsored videos with Acronis over the years.

I think that clip comes from this video:

Even babby Linus did an Acronis video, but I'm not sure if it was sponsored.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Yeah, doesn't give acronis to use the footage without permission though 

8 minutes ago, GrandFatMan said:

We won't know whether they have permission or not until an LMG insider tells us.

I'm going to assume use of the finished video in advertising was part of the sponsorship agreement, since that's been an arrangement they've said they've used before and found mutually beneficial.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

"Acrnois Cyber Protect Home Office", what does that even mean lmao.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

34 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

We won't know whether they have permission or not until an LMG insider tells us.

I'm going to assume use of the finished video in advertising was part of the sponsorship agreement, since that's been an arrangement they've said they've used before and found mutually beneficial.

It's not always the case and linus has even said in the past he doesn't like it, and to let it be known its happening if you find it. I found one a while back where LG were using a clip from a sponsored video in their advertising across the UK social media platforms. I tweeted it to linus, and he said he'd deal with it, I never saw those ads again after that. 

6 hours ago, GrandFatMan said:

90% of brands using footage of videos where they are head sponsor are done with permission. LMG does ads for companies besides the videos posted on YT. So without knowing what is written in sponsorship contract, you can't make that kind of accusation.

You can bring it up and ask if you suspect foul play. But I would advise not making assumptions and accusations based on assumptions. Most of the brands are fair when it comes to contracts. There have been only few known issues with actual sponsored videos, and more of those using videos in general without permission.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I knew Sysnology also use LTT video (I think about backing up data using Sysnology product) in their showcase at one of my local computer store. They no longer do this though which is a shame.

Of course, everyone look at me when I exclaimed "That sounds like Linus from LTT. Is he here?". I didn't realised it was an ad play by Sysnology (They put a TV for the video and broadcast the sound throughout the store's speaker).

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 9/19/2022 at 8:49 PM, GrandFatMan said:

Do you track how the contracts with LTT and their vendors work?

No?   Then you need to stop spouting nonsense unless you actually have something factual to say.  Using the footage could EASILY have been part of the contract.  Or a new one was made to use the footage.  

But you know absolutely nothing about the contracts they've signed, so....  you're just making shit up?

On 9/20/2022 at 12:49 AM, GrandFatMan said:

How do you know that they didn't give permission?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Lol. 

I don't know their contracts, at all. But linus has said himself in the past to make it known just in case. As I said above, LG did this in the past and I tweeted it to him and he got it sorted. That's all I'm doing here. Jeez this community has changed in the last few years 🤣

10 hours ago, GrandFatMan said:

Lol. 

I don't know their contracts, at all. But linus has said himself in the past to make it known just in case. As I said above, LG did this in the past and I tweeted it to him and he got it sorted. That's all I'm doing here. Jeez this community has changed in the last few years 🤣

The problem is not with you asking whether it's paid ad or not. The problem is you accusing Acronis for unethical practice without proof.

You say community has changed... I would say whole culture has changed to point where making assumptions and accusations without any basis has become normal. And that's bad thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The problem is not with you asking whether it's paid ad or not. The problem is you accusing Acronis for unethical practice without proof.

You say community has changed... I would say whole culture has changed to point where making assumptions and accusations without any basis has become normal. And that's bad thing.

I didn't accuse. All I said was "Acronis are using an LTT Clip" and that I know LMG has had issues with it in the past. 

22 minutes ago, GrandFatMan said:

I didn't accuse. All I said was "Acronis are using an LTT Clip" and that I know LMG has had issues with it in the past. 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, GrandFatMan said:

This reads pretty accusatory 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

This reads pretty accusatory 

Depends how you want to interpret it, I guess

3 hours ago, GrandFatMan said:

Depends how you want to interpret it, I guess

Or how English language works. Question = "is Acronis using clip here without permission?" (to which only LMG staff member can answer, so why would you make forum post?). Statement = "Acronis is using the clip without permission." (assumption without any proof, and only reason to post is to try and create drama/bad press).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Or how English language works. Question = "is Acronis using clip here without permission?" (to which only LMG staff member can answer, so why would you make forum post?). Statement = "Acronis is using the clip without permission." (assumption without any proof, and only reason to post is to try and create drama/bad press).

The reason to post is because linus requested it a while ago 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, GrandFatMan said:

The reason to post is because linus requested it a while ago 🤷🏻‍♂️

You could have PM'd, tweeted at him etc. Or someone else working with sponsors (Colton for example).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv