Dual boot causing disk check for windows 10

Hello,

I have windows 10 and pop_os installed in different hard drives and windows is the boot by default

First of all every time I use pop os and switch to windows I have to sync the clock (wrong time) and at the boot windows wants to check the disk, is there a fix to this so I won't have to skip disk check in each boot and have to sycn the clock?

Thank you

the clock is because -by default- linux uses a different way to store bios time and timezone. i vaguely recall there being a fix for that on the *buntu side of things.

as for the checkdisk thing... disable fast startup in windows and see if that helps.

Thanks for the answer, disabling fast startup didn't work same thing I found when I did research on the internet I guess I will keep skipping the disk check lol

49 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the clock is because -by default- linux uses a different way to store bios time and timezone. i vaguely recall there being a fix for that on the *buntu side of things.

Linux expects the BIOS clock to use UTC, while Windows expects local time. The fix I use is to set a registry key in Windows, so that is uses UTC as well. I don't have access to it now, but you should be able to Google it.

49 minutes ago, manikyath said:

as for the checkdisk thing... disable fast startup in windows and see if that helps.

I think it can also happen if you use Hibernate and access the Windows partition from Linux

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply