is it just me or is floatplane's left sidebar comically big?

Ashleyyyy

i only really noticed this on my laptop, which has a 2560x1600 display at 200% scaling, so effectively 1280x800. why is that sidebar so big? it could be a 6th that wide and just have the icons for everything when viewing it on a smaller display right?

image.thumb.png.460f23725826ee7601981f810db0649b.png

She/Her

Probably not considered during development that people would be using such a resolution. Seen this on many new sites :p.

Id say add a bug report and they'll probably add a view that just shows the icons.

house-idk.gif

I had to look up what Floatplane even was (outside of apparently, airplanes 😆).

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

If you think that's too big, don't go to lttstore.com with a full screen browser window on an ultrawide.

(Seriously, just set a maximum width of 1920 pixels... Please?)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

25 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

If you think that's too big, don't go to lttstore.com with a full screen browser window on an ultrawide.

They paid for the service. Don't think it's bad for someone who paid for the service to ask something to be made right.

Not sure if you misread that but it's Floatplane, not LTTstore.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

13 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Not sure if you misread that but it's Floatplane, not LTTstore.

I was referring to a similar questionable web design decision (or oversight) that falls under the purview of the same creative department.

54 minutes ago, mmk said:

Looks fine to me......lol    3440X1440image.thumb.jpeg.193d792986154f89c9d57ec2881681e9.jpeg

lol.

59 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Probably not considered during development that people would be using such a resolution. Seen this on many new sites :p.

yeah, web devs these days assume high res which is annoying. i don't want a 15" laptop i like my small little 13"... 

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Id say add a bug report and they'll probably add a view that just shows the icons.

yeah you can request features, i'll do that. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, Ashley MLP Fangirl said:

yeah, web devs these days assume high res which is annoying. i don't want a 15" laptop i like my small little 13"... 

14" is where it's at!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

3 hours ago, yolosnail said:

14" is where it's at!

no! i don't like super slim bezels, i actually want a bezel around my display. 13" with bezel and full keyboard is heaven. 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, Ashley MLP Fangirl said:

no! i don't like super slim bezels, i actually want a bezel around my display. 13" with bezel and full keyboard is heaven. 

My Latitude 5480 has a 14" screen and 1/2" of bezel on the sides. (It's closer to 1" on the top and bottom.)