Brazil bans charger-less iPhones and fines Apple

rrats
33 minutes ago, starsmine said:

so... That has zero to do with compatibility with chargers is my point.

does the box include a usb-a to lightning cable?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 hours ago, starsmine said:

so... That has zero to do with compatibility with chargers is my point.
Did you think apple people had to use only apple chargers?

Actually the older iPhone chargers had USB A, the newer ones are USB C. Sure people might have a lot of chargers with USB A, but chargers with USB C might be new. So the point is because the newer phones use a USB C to lightning all the older apple chargers dont work with at least the new cabling. On top of that, a lot of older cars that offer Car Play might only have USB A ports. 

Any way you slice it, if you intend to use the provided charging cable you will have to buy a charger. OR you have to use an older lightning cable with USB A. For someone just getting in to the Apple ecosystem, that means you need to buy the charger. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

They only have to sell the product in to options : one with the charger and other without but cheaper (or more expensive , because it's more hipster =P  . I dont buy Mac , but I feel sad for the ones that do ...

1 hour ago, MadPegasus said:

I dont buy Mac , but I feel sad for the ones that do ...

Whats wrong with a Mac? I use MacOS, Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux. I find Mac OS more enjoyable to use day to day. I use Windows for gaming and Linux is what my server runs on. Nothing wrong with a Mac. Also, if you have a Mac, you could plug in these new iPhones, as all Mac's have USBC ports. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, MadPegasus said:

They only have to sell the product in to options : one with the charger and other without but cheaper (or more expensive , because it's more hipster =P  . I dont buy Mac , but I feel sad for the ones that do ...

although this is the best option, the will never do it.  It would mean they could no longer charge for a part you don't get in the box.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.