Looking for a good brand for 16GB of RAM

The sticks have to be black or yellow, or black and yellow.

Would 1600 MHz be enough for gaming?

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A | CPU: i5 4670K | GPU: R9 290 Tri-X | RAM: HyperX FURY 8GB | SSD: SanDisk 128GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Corsair CX750 | Case: Thermaltake Urban T31

Yeah 1600 is the sweet spot. as for make look at corsair.... never failed me.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

1600MHz is fast enough. Also, it's RAM. Just get a kit that you think looks the best.

Black and yellow or black and yellow?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Brand of ram doesn't really matter. Ram is ram.

PNY XLR8 looks pretty nice imo: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/pny-memory-md16384kd31600x9

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That'll be fine. Ram is ram just bout all brands are good. Gskill and kingston are great.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Like everyone above me said ram is ram. Doesn't matter what brand. 1600mhz is the sweet spot for gaming. If you want good looking ram  my personal favourites are the Kingston HyperX Fury line and the Adata XPG line. The Kingston Fury has a black one that looks good but if you want yellow instead I suggest you take a look at the Adata XPG v2 series.

CPU: 4670k 4.2GHz @ 1.25v | MotherBoard: Asus Z87i-Deluxe m-ITX | Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz | GPU: Sapphire HD7970 GHz Vapor-x @1190Mhz/1625Mhz | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy (White) | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 240GB, Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic 650W G Series 80+ Gold | Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23" | Heatsink: Corsair H100i with SP120 PWM Performance | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red), Corsair K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Corsair M95

G skill has a lifetime warranty on their ram. Not to mention how well it performs

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Doesn't matter, but I just got some Hyper X Fury and it looks amazing.

1866 costs the same as 1600: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104461

Like everyone above me said ram is ram. Doesn't matter what brand. 1600mhz is the sweet spot for gaming. If you want good looking ram  my personal favourites are the Kingston HyperX Fury line and the Adata XPG line. The Kingston Fury has a black one that looks good but if you want yellow instead I suggest you take a look at the Adata XPG v2 series.

Kingston HyperX FURY looks really nice. Definitely getting that one. Thanks, guys.

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A | CPU: i5 4670K | GPU: R9 290 Tri-X | RAM: HyperX FURY 8GB | SSD: SanDisk 128GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Corsair CX750 | Case: Thermaltake Urban T31

Kingston HyperX FURY looks really nice. Definitely getting that one. Thanks, guys.

Here is a picture I took of my black kit:

BXkMSb3.jpg

There are more in the Define R4 Build log link in my sig.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

The sticks have to be black or yellow, or black and yellow.

Would 1600 MHz be enough for gaming?

Interesting that you should say yellow.

As I swear exclusively to these after buying failed Corsair and Kingston garbage:

normal_Crucial_Ballistix_Tactical_BLT2CP

(Mushkin are OK too though but no yellow AFAIK)

I use Crucial Ballistix Tacticals because they are the only non-tradeoff speed upgrade from the baseline 1600mhz CL9. (They are 1600 or 1866mhz CL8.)

With most other dimms you're just sacrificing burst speed for sustained speed or the other way around.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

this. I have the gaming edition and the finish is gorgeous. Also the breathing led is pretty sweet.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Vengeance 1600mhz ram is what im using. They look great and they haven't failed me yet.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"